Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

OZ track wheels with Cup2s arrived

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:52 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

You are right Drjim! The OP's OZ wheels are 20"s. Tire Rack's 20" OZ wheel fitment 8.5 & 11 x 20" shows 55mm front and 50mm rear offset (confirmed w/call to TR) vs. stock 61mm F & 50mmR. The front wheels will be pushed outboard marginally (6mm) from stock.

My GT4 wont be in my driveway until March sometime. But the 19" R wheels look to be viable option. May require some minimal spacers?
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

There are numerous threads on wheel sizes and fitments as well as requirements to be met on here: 18", 19" and 20".

To summarize the requirements again:
1) toelink replacement
2) different offset
3) different width
4) change caliper
5) alignment

All of these are addressed in those thread in one form/combination or the other. Some of these even include pictures. Just because it isn't on the first page ..........

Old 01-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Drjimh
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by morefun
You are right Drjim! The OP's OZ wheels are 20"s. Tire Rack's 20" OZ wheel fitment 8.5 & 11 x 20" shows 55mm front and 50mm rear offset (confirmed w/call to TR) vs. stock 61mm F & 50mmR. The front wheels will be pushed outboard marginally (6mm) from stock.

My GT4 wont be in my driveway until March sometime. But the 19" R wheels look to be viable option. May require some minimal spacers?
I am going to test fit my R wheels tonight. Will let you know how the fit goes. I have 5mm and 15mm spacers if I need o use them.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:34 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

ExMB - It's good to know that you will always be there with a ready response....

Drjimh - I look forward to hearing how you make out!
Old 01-13-2016, 03:38 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
It's very invasive to do that, but if there was a well fabricated kit and good integration design, I'd probably do this and sell my trailex.
How do you like your trailex? I may go that route with hoosiers if the ho hos last more than a weekend on a GT4. I haven't run hoosiers before, but people seem to get 15 or so heat cycles from what I have heard, sound about right?

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
Did you get the wheels with the stock offsets? +61mm F and +50mm R?
I only ask as I'm looking for a second set of wheels with MPSS for my GT4, and the stock offsets seem way out there (front at least, presumably because of the wider front track.)
Thanks,
Phil
The OZs are 55 front and 50 rear. Will see how it all works out at full lean on track, but I expect it will be fine as tire rack used a GT4 to measure for clearance.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Mike.
I am pretty confident +55 on the front will be OK. No more for sure, but the wheels sit a little inside the fenders, and if there's rubbing it will be on the extremes of tire-turn, not regular driving/racing.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:09 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
What was the cost?
Feel free to call me, I'm happy to help
Old 01-15-2016, 10:12 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
Thanks Mike.
I am pretty confident +55 on the front will be OK. No more for sure, but the wheels sit a little inside the fenders, and if there's rubbing it will be on the extremes of tire-turn, not regular driving/racing.
I'm hoping so, my initial measurements show it shouldn't be a problem but I want to get it on track and jump some curbs before I say for sure.

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Feel free to call me, I'm happy to help
Thanks again for finding the cup2s for me (twice now), and shipping so fast! Looking forward to using the OZs on track.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:13 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by electron mike
How do you like your trailex? I may go that route with hoosiers if the ho hos last more than a weekend on a GT4. I haven't run hoosiers before, but people seem to get 15 or so heat cycles from what I have heard, sound about right?
I like the Trailex a lot. It's very well built and has some nice features - open floor, storage, tire rack, fuel rack, road-rash protector, and a winch. Easy to tow with my SUV. If I had to fault it, I would say it's the deck height vs. the featherlight. It's about 5" higher, and the ramps are much longer - so it's a bit of a nail biter to get a car on the trailer and lined up - my RS had only 1" on either side of clearnance, so I usually winched it on.

The hoosier R7 is a very different beast of a tire than the old R6. R6 would drop off noticeably after just a couple heat cycles, and end up being equivalent to street tires (non r-comp) after about 10. I still ran them until they corded, about 3 DE days on a track like TWS. The R7 grips pretty good until they cord, which is still about the same about of time. If you run hoosiers, and want a full run of a DE, you either have to have two sets of wheels, or always start with a new set. For years I thought this was just how things were - until COTA. COTA is so easy on tires that I think you could get a minimum of two weekends from a set of R7s. I've yet to do this because I've never had the chance to run multiple COTA events back to back.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:30 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I like the Trailex a lot. It's very well built and has some nice features - open floor, storage, tire rack, fuel rack, road-rash protector, and a winch. Easy to tow with my SUV. If I had to fault it, I would say it's the deck height vs. the featherlight. It's about 5" higher, and the ramps are much longer - so it's a bit of a nail biter to get a car on the trailer and lined up - my RS had only 1" on either side of clearnance, so I usually winched it on.

The hoosier R7 is a very different beast of a tire than the old R6. R6 would drop off noticeably after just a couple heat cycles, and end up being equivalent to street tires (non r-comp) after about 10. I still ran them until they corded, about 3 DE days on a track like TWS. The R7 grips pretty good until they cord, which is still about the same about of time. If you run hoosiers, and want a full run of a DE, you either have to have two sets of wheels, or always start with a new set. For years I thought this was just how things were - until COTA. COTA is so easy on tires that I think you could get a minimum of two weekends from a set of R7s. I've yet to do this because I've never had the chance to run multiple COTA events back to back.
Thanks for thr info! If I can get two weekends at COTA on a set I just might have to give the hoosiers a try. I'm interested to hear how you like the setup on track on the GT4.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:08 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

I mounted the wheels yesterday, bad night pic below. Surprisingly, they weigh the same as the OEM set both with TPMS sensors installed and Cup2s. To the track to test them out this weekend.

46.1 lbs front
54.3 lbs rear

Name:  20160201_201952_zps9hlwktxt.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  181.3 KB
Name:  20160201_175101_zpsg839wj6g.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  223.5 KB
Name:  20160201_175219_zpsqaxysxcl.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  189.2 KB
Old 02-02-2016, 10:26 AM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Those look GREAT! Glad you like them.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Drjimh
Racer

Mike;
Look great!, Got the same wheels from Damon in Bright Racing Silver. Looking forward to getting them on in the next few weeks. VIR in March. Spring can not come soon enough!
Jim
Old 02-02-2016, 12:59 PM
ZG911
Instructor

electronmike,
Damon,

The multiple times that I have contacted Tire Rack I was told that the Porsche spec Cup2's rears are out of stock, How was Tirerack able to find them for you, or are they the Ferrari/or/Mercedes spec cup2's?
Old 02-02-2016, 01:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by ZG911
...... or are they the Ferrari/or/Mercedes spec cup2's?
Please reread post #1.

Quick Reply: OZ track wheels with Cup2s arrived