Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Clubsport Racing for first time at the Daytona Roar before the 24

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:29 AM
BRNGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks awesome! Spring rates seem soft though. if the rates are the same as the street GT4 then with slicks they are way too soft. Shows in the body roll.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome to see the GT4s getting set up and out there to race. Can't wait to watch it in action. Really nice to see some insight into the setup and perhaps some post race comments as well.

Good Luck everyone!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:40 AM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRNGT4
Looks awesome! Spring rates seem soft though. if the rates are the same as the street GT4 then with slicks they are way too soft. Shows in the body roll.
Body roll isn't always bad despite what everyone on any forum says. Sometimes given the rules and limitations you can work with the body roll. It would be ideal to watch a race team setup the car with tire data and you'll see a huge difference to how they think.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:44 AM
gt9729b
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT4s Looked Great!

Was at the Roar for a bit yesterday with my wife. Spoke to the folks with the Wilson team about their GT4. Told the guy I spoke with yesterday (didn't catch a name) that the livery looked great and that we were all excited to see how it would do. ...the white one looked good, too. Didn't talk to the folks with the DeMan team, but the "Olympic rings" looked sharp as well. Looked like good performances on the track too.

As I was walking away, my wife pointed out astutely that the race teams getting their Clubsports in December is probably to blame for production on my (non-Clubsport) being pushed back! So, y'all are holding me back! ...at least it went to a decent few owners, I guess.

Ford GTs looked and sounded great, too.

Y'all going to be around long today at the Roar? May swing back by, but will certainly be there for the 24!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

GT4's are holding their own in terms of lap times so far.
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by ML///
Body roll isn't always bad despite what everyone on any forum says. Sometimes given the rules and limitations you can work with the body roll. It would be ideal to watch a race team setup the car with tire data and you'll see a huge difference to how they think.
Glad you get it. We run on a spec 275 tire which is really really small for the power and load the GT4 can produce.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:59 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
CJ, I would say your results for the first time on track are pretty damn good as I know that Mustang is made for Daytona! Are you running the stock shocks? Again, good luck.... Cheers,
You will see very soon I am sure about how quick this car really goes through the gears! The PDK is really really good. We didn't have time to set up and tune new shocks before the test so did all the setup in other ways.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any chance of in car footage pls?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

+1 please.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Love2Apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was out at the ROAR before the 24 on Friday, although have been traveling all weekend, here are some of the pics I snapped of the GT4 Clubsports & a few others! ENJOY!!

Cayman "RS1" pretty cool build, with GT4 f/r bumpers, sport design mirrors and an "RS1" rear wing.

Cayman "RS1" pretty cool build, with GT4 f/r bumpers, sport design mirrors and an "RS1" rear wing.

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

Brand new GT4 Clubsport!

OEM KW Clubsport suspension & brakes.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car! Only manual GT4 in the field, and was 2nd in class on test day. They are trying to figure out the auto-blip, and once it is the car has potential to go even faster!

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car! JRZ Suspension with remote reservoirs.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car! JRZ Suspension with remote reservoirs.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car! Only manual GT4 in the field, and was 2nd in class on test day.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car. JRZ suspension with OEM calipers & Brembo rotors. The team said it was a perfect setup. OEM calipers can obviously hold up in pro racing applications. Very cool & Good to know!

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car! Only manual GT4 in the field, and was 2nd in class on test day.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car. Notice the battery... Could be an easy replacement for a street/track GT4.

DeMan street GT4 converted to GS car, single piece Forgeline wheels!

Another team OEM Clubsport.

New R8 LMS. Absolutely stunning in the flesh....

New FORD GT... no words........

Mazda prototypes garage... Amazing they are getting 285hp/liter!!!!

RSR...
Old 01-11-2016, 01:12 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow, big thank you for the close up photo coverage Mtechnik!!

I hope to get a first hand look at the DeMan car this coming Saturday at their shop . They are hosting an open house for the local GT4 group.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:31 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Congratulations CJ,

CJ Wilson Racing achieved the best lap time of 1:57.430 in GS division. Awesome work!

Nice recap HERE
Old 01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Appreciate the pics!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Awesome pics! Thank you!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

I am assuming that the spec wheel for GS is 18"? so with Deman running the stock calipers, are they able to do this because of a different rotor size? or did they just figure out the perfect 18" wheel fitment?

I ask because there are multiple 18/19" wheel and tire threads on here...

Thanks for all of the inside looks at these new race cars. will be down there for the 24 and cannot wait!!!

Quick Reply: GT4 Clubsport Racing for first time at the Daytona Roar before the 24