Sponsored by: APR

LA Auto Show.. GT4 Clubsport

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:01 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LA Auto Show.. GT4 Clubsport

I know you've already seen it, I know there has already been a thread about it. But here it is again... along with a few other things from the LA Auto Show that caught by interest

I always take pictures of these. I don't care about them but I once read a very serious article trying to figure out what make/model of van the Mystery Machine was. Of course it is impossible determine. But one thing it for sure isn't, is a VW. But here it is as one anyway.

What is this thing?? I have never seen one of these?

OK, it's a Mazda.

This is a very shiny thing. Yeah it is that shiny. It is too shiny. But it's also cool

Idk, it seems you always have to take a shot of at least one thing with the Gulf lviery. so here is my contribution from this event

My wife's new fave. Not a big deal to me but it's nice

This alone is worth the price of admission just to see one of these babies in person. Although personally I prefer the not quite so angular original Ford GT reboot. It's cool in a La Ferrari crazy kind of way, but not as true to the original as I feel it should and could have been

And the other "new" thing that everyone is talking about. The Fiat "124 Spyder." as a former 124 Spyder owner I put that in quotes because despite all the good things said about this car I have to say this POS in no way shape or form evokes the feel of my old Spyder. Sorry. there is nothing Italian about this thing. There is nothing Pininfarina about this thing. Really the only effort they made to tie it back to the orig is those two humps on the hood. Let me just tell you they are wrong. They are too small, too shallow, and too narrow. They look like crap. Look if you truly like this car. Buy the Miata because at least that car is what it is and isn't pretending to me something else.

Alright you've seen it before, but here is the biggest reason I was there. So here is yet another gratuitous shot of the GT Clubsport!

Alright, that is it. Just one more bit of Porsche **** before I close

And if you are thinking about going to the LA Auto Show there is one more thing there that any guy my age needs to see. That is the Hot Wheels track near the entrance. I wish I could describe it, and I wish the lighting was good enough for me to have gotten a picture. And I wish that the line won't be over 100 deep once the show is open to the public, but I am certain it will be. Still.... go check it out. trust me. Check it out.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:21 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out the paddles
Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Check out the paddles
November 20, 2015 - YouTube
There it is! Mattheboatman vindicated!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:38 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
There it is! Mattheboatman vindicated!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:38 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Thank you for the photos! Did you try to unscrew the spoiler and tuck it under your jacket???
Old 11-20-2015, 12:51 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Thank you for the photos! Did you try to unscrew the spoiler and tuck it under your jacket???
It's kind of funny, my wife was with me and ever since I bought the GT4, and with the trips to the PPI, she has been learning about clear bras and wraps. Things she had never thought about before.

My PPI gave me loaner car with a flat black wrap and carbon fiber look wrap on the mirrors and other accents. I sort of gave her a tour of the exterior of that car and why I would never get a wrap like that on anything I drove.

So last night while looking at the Clubsport, I saw her running her hand across the spoiler and she said "I can't even find the seam on this wrap." Bless her heart.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:49 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

I asked about the gurney flap today and they did do some modifications to the front end to deal with the added downforce at the rear. Should have asked how many pounds were added.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:50 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

I also popped open the hood and got some photos of the fuel cell I will post them later when I get them off the camera
Old 11-20-2015, 05:02 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car grills today be looking like:

Old 11-20-2015, 05:23 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

gmaki:
Thanks for the photos, and the commentary! (I agree about the FIAT...)
I have a question about the photos: they all (except for the 919) look like they have had some sort of "fake" HDR processing done to them, like the stuff that comes out of a cell phone. Have they been post-processed?
Old 11-20-2015, 05:31 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrPhil Gandini
gmaki:
Thanks for the photos, and the commentary! (I agree about the FIAT...)
I have a question about the photos: they all (except for the 919) look like they have had some sort of "fake" HDR processing done to them, like the stuff that comes out of a cell phone. Have they been post-processed?
Oh yeah I processed the hell out of them. Photos were taken with my 5D MKII with EF 50mm F1.4 prime and no flash (I wanted to travel light). Lighting in the convention center in general sucks and is very uneven. Not to mention some of the areas were not even fully lit for this event.

It was a miracle I got usable photos at all but of the ones I got I had to do quite a bit of manipulating of the RAW image to get what you see here.

Also, and I know this is controversial, but I like a slightly HDR look so you will see that in a lot of my photos, even under good conditions. However, with this set it was sometimes necessary to a little beyond what I might normally do.

EDIT: the most processed and unrealistic pic of the bunch is the Fiat. You can chalk that up to my distaste for the car. I did not put a lot of love into that image. lol
Old 11-20-2015, 06:40 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT4 Registry?

Oh yeah I processed the hell out of them. Photos were taken with my 5D MKII with EF 50mm F1.4 prime and no flash (I wanted to travel light). Lighting in the convention center in general sucks and is very uneven. Not to mention some of the areas were not even fully lit for this event.

It was a miracle I got usable photos at all but of the ones I got I had to do quite a bit of manipulating of the RAW image to get what you see here.

Also, and I know this is controversial, but I like a slightly HDR look so you will see that in a lot of my photos, even under good conditions. However, with this set it was sometimes necessary to a little beyond what I might normally do.

EDIT: the most processed and unrealistic pic of the bunch is the Fiat. You can chalk that up to my distaste for the car. I did not put a lot of love into that image. lol
Noticing on your link there are 800+ cars without the new announcement allocations starting March-July. Is your registry worldwide or NA, or just USA?

A lot more cars than I thought.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:45 PM
IB Nolan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for attending, @gmaki!

We shared a link to this picture thread on the homepage and included a few more shots of the GT4:
https://rennlist.com/articles/see-laas-preview-party/
Old 11-20-2015, 07:42 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Noticing on your link there are 800+ cars without the new announcement allocations starting March-July. Is your registry worldwide or NA, or just USA?

A lot more cars than I thought.
The registry is North America (US and Canada) only. The cars captured in the database represent production only up through October (with just a few Nov cars as well).

Therefore not only are there the new allocations, but the previously allocated cars to be produced from Nov thru Dec that will ultimately make up the total MY2016 production.

If you look at the summary page you can see the algorithm I am using to project about 2,000 NA GT4's in total.

If you have interest in learning more about the database please check out the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8852...-database.html
Old 11-20-2015, 10:37 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The registry is North America (US and Canada) only. The cars captured in the database represent production only up through October (with just a few Nov cars as well). Therefore not only are there the new allocations, but the previously allocated cars to be produced from Nov thru Dec that will ultimately make up the total MY2016 production. If you look at the summary page you can see the algorithm I am using to project about 2,000 NA GT4's in total. If you have interest in learning more about the database please check out the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8852...-database.html
gracias!! Great info.

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show.. GT4 Clubsport