Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Cool!! Thanks for the quick response
Old 03-16-2016, 02:41 PM
gt9729b
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, so figured I'd ask here. How do you all fit golf clubs in this car? In the frunk? Passenger compartment?

Searches for "Golf" give me lost of results about the VW, and Clubs get me a bunch of clubsport threads. I apologize if this should be elsewhere, Mods please move or delete as required.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Front seat. Push seat back and place bag in with clubs laying on an angle. Used to do that with my 991 GT3. Works perfect
Old 03-16-2016, 03:22 PM
gt9729b
Advanced

Thanks, so that seems to imply that two sets and two people isn't really do-able. True?
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Joe Weinstein
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default what about a kayak? (was golf bags and golfing buddy...)

See the available roof racks for Caymans if you want to carry bags of
stuff and passengers...
Old 03-16-2016, 03:50 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gt9729b
Thanks, so that seems to imply that two sets and two people isn't really do-able. True?
Take their car!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:33 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

The car DOES NOT rev match on upshifts with the Sport button ON. Because I remember seeing a post somewhere on the GT4 forum saying that the car rev matches on upshifts as well in Sport mode. IT DOES NOT.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:48 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by neanicu
The car DOES NOT rev match on upshifts with the Sport button ON. Because I remember seeing a post somewhere on the GT4 forum saying that the car rev matches on upshifts as well in Sport mode. IT DOES NOT.
I posted that it does after testing it in my car. Turn Sport on, cruise in any gear, then shift to a higher gear and keep the clutch held down. You'll see the revs hold at the appropriate lower RPM for about a full second before they fall, which is more than enough time to let the clutch out for a normal shift. Of course if you shift faster than the revs can fall then it can't match, but if you take a bit too long (without taking ridiculously long), then Sport absolutely does match revs on upshifts.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
I posted that it does after testing it in my car. Turn Sport on, cruise in any gear, then shift to a higher gear and keep the clutch held down. You'll see the revs hold at the appropriate lower RPM for about a full second before they fall, which is more than enough time to let the clutch out for a normal shift. Of course if you shift faster than the revs can fall then it can't match, but if you take a bit too long (without taking ridiculously long), then Sport absolutely does match revs on upshifts.
You normally press the clutch/shift and go. In that case the RPMs drop like like in any other car. I even gave it a second to see if it matches and nothing happened. Even if you're right,who buries their foot and just sits there? The clutch is used to shift and go...
Old 03-27-2016, 11:14 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by neanicu
You normally press the clutch/shift and go. In that case the RPMs drop like like in any other car. I even gave it a second to see if it matches and nothing happened. Even if you're right,who buries their foot and just sits there? The clutch is used to shift and go...
Claiming that rev matching on upshifts at least for you would be pointless is different from saying that the car doesn't do anything to attempt to match revs on upshifts, which it does. Not everyone shifts at the same speed, and if for example you're shifting lower in the rev range where the RPM differential between adjacent gears for your current speed is small enough that the natural RPM drop rate while the clutch is in would cause your revs to fall below the appropriate point for the new gear even in the course of a normal quick shift, then the extra moment where the car (with Sport enabled) holds the appropriate lower RPM before letting the revs continue to drop normally would address that and smooth out those shifts. But you're right, Sport doesn't do anything to force revs to fall faster than they do naturally, so you could still complete a shift BEFORE the revs have reached the appropriate level. But solving that would involve something like a mechanism to create extra drag on the crankshaft just for that purpose, which would be crazy.

Last edited by jphughan; 03-27-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:07 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Weinstein
See the available roof racks for Caymans if you want to carry bags of
stuff and passengers...
No more roof attachment rack points like in previous generation Caymans.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:50 AM
jakay11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Claiming that rev matching on upshifts at least for you would be pointless is different from saying that the car doesn't do anything to attempt to match revs on upshifts, which it does. Not everyone shifts at the same speed, and if for example you're shifting lower in the rev range where the RPM differential between adjacent gears for your current speed is small enough that the natural RPM drop rate while the clutch is in would cause your revs to fall below the appropriate point for the new gear even in the course of a normal quick shift, then the extra moment where the car (with Sport enabled) holds the appropriate lower RPM before letting the revs continue to drop normally would address that and smooth out those shifts. But you're right, Sport doesn't do anything to force revs to fall faster than they do naturally, so you could still complete a shift BEFORE the revs have reached the appropriate level. But solving that would involve something like a mechanism to create extra drag on the crankshaft just for that purpose, which would be crazy.
Or a lighter weight fly wheel and light-weight pistons... (Less reciprocating mass)

Not being snarky, just have built a few race motors in my day...
Old 04-17-2016, 08:00 PM
KEPetersen
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to all for some great information - should be a sticky!
Old 04-17-2016, 09:10 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

I saw mention of the white noise, but has anyone noticed with ac on and the windows shut, there's a whirring noise from the passenger side? It goes away at max and low fan speed.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:09 AM
gedk
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gt9729b
I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, so figured I'd ask here. How do you all fit golf clubs in this car? In the frunk? Passenger compartment?

Searches for "Golf" give me lost of results about the VW, and Clubs get me a bunch of clubsport threads. I apologize if this should be elsewhere, Mods please move or delete as required.
Take the longer clubs out of the bag. Put the bag in with base in one corner and and lay the bag at an angle. Put longer clubs in after. We use carry bags and they fit fine. Be careful your irons don't interfere with the glass- could be expensive!

Quick Reply: Did you know? Tips and tricks.