Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PTS Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Wow.... that color board has some great colors to choose from. My order is locked now in Carmine Red which I think that I would stick with regardless. There are going to some amazing looking GT4's running around in the next few years.

Have fun guys, sometimes choice is the problem....
Old 06-24-2015, 12:44 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

My September build isn't locked yet but I don't think my chances of getting the LWB are good. I wonder if adding PTS will delay my build by a few months and increase my chances of getting the seats?

Nuts I know, but aren't we all a little bit nuts?
Old 06-24-2015, 01:09 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
My September build isn't locked yet but I don't think my chances of getting the LWB are good. I wonder if adding PTS will delay my build by a few months and increase my chances of getting the seats?

Nuts I know, but aren't we all a little bit nuts?
Does adding PTS change the date your order locks? Or does it lock at the same time and you only get to change your spec if Porsche comes back and says your PTS request is a no-go? Or even in that case are you only allowed to change your color rather than the entire spec?

Paging Eduardo....

(Also, man I really hope this LWB issue is resolved in time for my expected November build. Originally Porsche expected to start allowing LWBs for August production, although maybe introducing the GT2 folding bucket seats is how they intend to make good on that, at least outside the US.)
Old 06-24-2015, 01:17 AM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

PTS 336 Mexico Blue cleared by PCNA and waiting for approval from PAG. Hopefully the allocation month aligns with the PTS build window!
Old 06-24-2015, 02:05 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgerber
PTS 336 Mexico Blue cleared by PCNA and waiting for approval from PAG. Hopefully the allocation month aligns with the PTS build window!
Good luck! I was hoping for Granite Green, but my dealer today confirmed that I'm locked in. Mexico would look great, esp. if you did the black accents (wing supports, headlight buckets).
Old 06-24-2015, 02:37 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Hey Eduardo, any idea what that blue in the very upper-left corner is? It looks a lot like DBM, but if this is a PTS wall, I'm figuring it isn't. And what about that really bright orange toward the middle of the shot? The one to the right of it appears to be Tangerine, but looking through the (very handy!) text list you attached, I didn't find any other oranges that seemed to match. The only other one was Gulf Orange, but that doesn't look right. Is it Lava Orange maybe?
Pastel orange?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:42 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

My PTS build is in. Build moved from September to October and my SA was told that LWBs should be available at that time.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:47 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey Eduardo, any idea what that blue in the very upper-left corner is? It looks a lot like DBM, but if this is a PTS wall, I'm figuring it isn't. And what about that really bright orange toward the middle of the shot? The one to the right of it appears to be Tangerine, but looking through the (very handy!) text list you attached, I didn't find any other oranges that seemed to match. The only other one was Gulf Orange, but that doesn't look right. Is it Lava Orange maybe?
On the 'Blue', your guess is as good as mine. I have requested an appointment with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen on either July 16th or 17th, which is my next scheduled visit to Porsche. If they agreed to see me, I will try to get the name & color code for each name on the newest 'Wailing Wall'. But they have not yet confirmed an appointment...

Last time I was there - April of 2011 - the color sample wall at 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen was much smaller:

This is before we started writing about PTS, 'Porsche Exclusive' options and publishing the approved PTS list. The dissemination of all of this information in the internet (and Rennlist played a big role here) has created an increased demand for PTS at Porsche. Attached you will see the first PTS list we published here in July of 2012 so that you can see (when compared to the 5-12-2015 list) how request for PTS colors have exploded at PAG...more than doubled the colors approved! So just four years later, that color sample wall has grown to what you see below. And even that probably doesn't have every PTS color that Porsche has approved for the 981, 991, Panamera (and now the Macan)...there is simply not enough space on that office's wall to show them all!

It has been reported that the two offices of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US, Atlanta & Beverly Hills, will soon get a kit with samples of all approved PTS colors (done in the shape of small 911s). We will see if that actually happens...and when!

And what about that really bright orange toward the middle of the shot? The one to the right of it appears to be Tangerine, but looking through the (very handy!) text list you attached, I didn't find any other oranges that seemed to match. The only other one was Gulf Orange, but that doesn't look right. Is it Lava Orange maybe?
Originally Posted by FRIZ
Porsche has not approved lava orange for the GT4 ...go figure. Here is Gulf orange with a little Mexico blue in the background for fun
Because 'Lava Orange' & 'Ultraviolet' are the new special colors for the 991 gt3 RS and 'Lava Orange' is also now available for the regular 991's, it doesn't surprise me to see them on that wall.

My guess at the colors from the photo (which is a risky game to play):

Gulf or Lava, Pastel, Signal Yellow, Atakama, Speed

I am also a big fan of the old 'RS Orange' - color code 8C6. Unfortunately PAG suspended doing that color via PTS after MY2010! They then started promoting 'Pastel Orange' for those that like a bright orange color!

Originally Posted by dertub
I think Jade green looked decent on a '73 RS with black trim, but even a slightly bigger car starts to look cartoonish!!!
Vintage.historic early 911 'Jade Green/Hellgrün', color code 227, is a much better color than 'Mint Green', current PTS color code 22R!

On 1974 IROC 911 RSR:

I don't believe Jade Green/Hellgrün', color code 227, has been requested yet by a PTS customer. So the feasibility study has not yet even begun!

Originally Posted by kkabba
Eduardo, it is my understanding that you are the PTS expert - and when my dealer sent me a pic of Mint Green I was quick to pass at first. But it grew on me. I at first wanted signal green or some other PTS green because the 997.1 GT3RS in signal green is so special but signal green may be a very GT3 centric colour and I want a green GT4 centric colour. Any other greens that may look amazing on the GT4 or should I stick to the white I initially had?
kkabba: I am just a dedicated enthusiast that has been studying Porsche colors for some time & have been privileged to own several Porsches in unusual hues! Just to clarify, the .1 997 gt3 RS 'special color' was 'RS Green' and not 'Signal Green'. 'RS Green' is still available via PTS on any 981 or 991. It's called now 'Green' but has the same color code as in the .1 997 gt3 RS period - 2D8!

And each 'green' has its own different color signature. Sometimes, even the same color has had two or three different formulation in Porsche history (such as 'Signal Green' W25, 217 & 22S)! I took this photo at 'Porsche Exclusive' offices in Zuffenhausen:

My current 22S (more blue tint) 'Signal Green' 991 gt3 vs rear lid of my old .1 997 W25 (more yellow tint) 'Signal Green' Carrera S coupe:

From a design point of view, the advantage of picking a bright 'green' PTS color for your GT4 is that only in that gt model do you get a choice of deviated stitching & belts & pulls in 'Racing Yellow'. The latter has a quite a bit of green tint in the color. So it matches wonderfully with any PTS 'green' that has a bit of yellow tint in its formulation. That means that 'Viper Green' and 'Pure Green' go very well...and to just a little bit lesser extend, 'Signal Green' 22S and 'Green' 2D8. I believe that 'Viper' and 'Pure Green' currently have a bit more of yellow tint than the 22S formulation of 'Signal Green' and 'Green' 2D8. The latter two have a bit more blue tint in the hue. But they will still go with the 'Racing Yellow' deviated stitching & belt. The other two colors that would go GREAT with the 'Racing Yellow' stitching & trim is 'Gelbgrün/Yellow Green', color code #137 and 'Lichtgrün'/Birch Green', color code #253.

So, from my point of view, the PTS 'greens' offer GT4 customers a great opportunity to combine a stunning exterior color with an striking black interior with 'Racing Yellow' deviating stitching, seat belts & door pulls!

Does adding PTS change the date your order locks? Or does it lock at the same time and you only get to change your spec if Porsche comes back and says your PTS request is a no-go? Or even in that case are you only allowed to change your color rather than the entire spec? Paging Eduardo....
Yes, adding PTS could change your date of production. PAG normally requires at least 3 month notice from date order enters company order books to the date of start scheduled production...assuming you choose a PTS already approved. They need that time to coordinate PTS logistics - ordering of the PTS paint, scheduling the various interior trim if painted to matched exterior, etc. And that is probably 90 working days. Since we have the summer vacations (normally from late July to mid August), factor that in too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-24-2015, 04:26 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Report of 'Lava Orange' via PTS

There was a report today at Rennteam in Europe that 'Lava Orange' was approved for a GT4 customer via PTS.

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=0#post7

So a bit more expensive than 'Special Color'...but at least it may be possible to do! Someone should confirm at 'Porsche Exclusive' / PCNA
with Melissa Witek or Matthew Henry.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-24-2015, 10:37 AM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
On the 'Blue', your guess is as good as mine. I have requested an appointment with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen on either July 16th or 17th, which is my next scheduled visit to Porsche. If they agreed to see me, I will try to get the name & color code for each name on the newest 'Wailing Wall'. But they have not yet confirmed an appointment...

Last time I was there - April of 2011 - the color sample wall at 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen was much smaller:

This is before we started writing about PTS, 'Porsche Exclusive' options and publishing the approved PTS list. The dissemination of all of this information in the internet (and Rennlist played a big role here) has created an increased demand for PTS at Porsche. Attached you will see the first PTS list we published here in July of 2012 so that you can see (when compared to the 5-12-2015 list) how request for PTS colors have exploded at PAG...more than doubled the colors approved! So just four years later, that color sample wall has grown to what you see below. And even that probably doesn't have every PTS color that Porsche has approved for the 981, 991, Panamera (and now the Macan)...there is simply not enough space on that office's wall to show them all!

It has been reported that the two offices of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US, Atlanta & Beverly Hills, will soon get a kit with samples of all approved PTS colors (done in the shape of small 911s). We will see if that actually happens...and when!

Because 'Lava Orange' & 'Ultraviolet' are the new special colors for the 991 gt3 RS and 'Lava Orange' is also now available for the regular 991's, it doesn't surprise me to see them on that wall.

My guess at the colors from the photo (which is a risky game to play):

Gulf or Lava, Pastel, Signal Yellow, Atakama, Speed

I am also a big fan of the old 'RS Orange' - color code 8C6. Unfortunately PAG suspended doing that color via PTS after MY2010! They then started promoting 'Pastel Orange' for those that like a bright orange color!

Vintage.historic early 911 'Jade Green/Hellgrün', color code 227, is a much better color than 'Mint Green', current PTS color code 22R!

On 1974 IROC 911 RSR:

I don't believe Jade Green/Hellgrün', color code 227, has been requested yet by a PTS customer. So the feasibility study has not yet even begun!

kkabba: I am just a dedicated enthusiast that has been studying Porsche colors for some time & have been privileged to own several Porsches in unusual hues! Just to clarify, the .1 997 gt3 RS 'special color' was 'RS Green' and not 'Signal Green'. 'RS Green' is still available via PTS on any 981 or 991. It's called now 'Green' but has the same color code as in the .1 997 gt3 RS period - 2D8!

And each 'green' has its own different color signature. Sometimes, even the same color has had two or three different formulation in Porsche history (such as 'Signal Green' W25, 217 & 22S)! I took this photo at 'Porsche Exclusive' offices in Zuffenhausen:

My current 22S (more blue tint) 'Signal Green' 991 gt3 vs rear lid of my old .1 997 W25 (more yellow tint) 'Signal Green' Carrera S coupe:

From a design point of view, the advantage of picking a bright 'green' PTS color for your GT4 is that only in that gt model do you get a choice of deviated stitching & belts & pulls in 'Racing Yellow'. The latter has a quite a bit of green tint in the color. So it matches wonderfully with any PTS 'green' that has a bit of yellow tint in its formulation. That means that 'Viper Green' and 'Pure Green' go very well...and to just a little bit lesser extend, 'Signal Green' 22S and 'Green' 2D8. I believe that 'Viper' and 'Pure Green' currently have a bit more of yellow tint than the 22S formulation of 'Signal Green' and 'Green' 2D8. The latter two have a bit more blue tint in the hue. But they will still go with the 'Racing Yellow' deviated stitching & belt. The other two colors that would go GREAT with the 'Racing Yellow' stitching & trim is 'Gelbgrün/Yellow Green', color code #137 and 'Lichtgrün'/Birch Green', color code #253.

So, from my point of view, the PTS 'greens' offer GT4 customers a great opportunity to combine a stunning exterior color with an striking black interior with 'Racing Yellow' deviating stitching, seat belts & door pulls!

Yes, adding PTS could change your date of production. PAG normally requires at least 3 month notice from date order enters company order books to the date of start scheduled production...assuming you choose a PTS already approved. They need that time to coordinate PTS logistics - ordering of the PTS paint, scheduling the various interior trim if painted to matched exterior, etc. And that is probably 90 working days. Since we have the summer vacations (normally from late July to mid August), factor that in too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Christ. You're like a living, breathing Porsche coloring book
Old 06-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to get a VooDoo blue PTS if I can get an allocation
Old 06-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Jon H
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 86 Posts

Lava Orange now available in UK, maybe heading across the Pond!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:49 AM
mcdavis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone done any photoshop mockups of a GT4 with voodoo blue or lava orange?
Old 06-24-2015, 01:56 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdavis
Has anyone done any photoshop mockups of a GT4 with voodoo blue or lava orange?
I would be happy to give it a shot if you can provide me with the following.

1. A picture (link) of a GT4 in some color other than white, black or grey that you'd like to see the PTS color on.

2. a sample pic (link) of the PTS color on any car that you like the way it looks in the image. (ie: it is a good representation of the actual color in electronic form).

No guarantees but with those two I can give it whirl.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:06 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

A lot of Toyota FJ's are painted in voodoo blue.

Quick Reply: PTS Confirmed