Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Build Confimed - No Bucket Seat Option - Opinion Requested

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT4 Build Confimed - No Bucket Seat Option - Opinion Requested

Good news: Got my call today that my order has moved to v200 with July build. With my lock date is apparently only about a week away

Bad news: Apparently reports of the bucket seats being backordered is true and only becoming more problematic.

P will not accept my spec with full bucket seats and the dealer conveyed they were instructed to tell me they were not an option, not delayed, but flat not available. To keep my V200 position I have accepted a dropdown to the standard manual seat.. Though, I have asked the dealer to reach back to P regarding my desire to keep my order as it was with the full bucket, even if it meant confirming a later build date... Awaiting reply...

Unfortunately, I literally just sold my GT2/3 RS buckets that I would have otherwise used.

So question, what would you do? Keep order, keep and get in line again for another spec like some of the 991 GT3 MY14/15, or?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:52 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

If you throw two sets of car keys on the kitchen table ... GT4 and GT3, I'm taking the GT3 every single time.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the 18 ways without regrets. I think the buckets would be great for spirited drives on some twisty roads or the track. And they also look great. However, I don't see them as a "deal breaker" if you cannot get them. I have heard mostly good things about the 18 ways. If you will be frequently tracking the car you can purchase a pure track seat compatable with the current belts. That is what I will likely do. I am more interested in the development of an excellent harness bar than the sport buckets.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

My build got moved up to July as well probably due to no buckets? Mine will be mostly street driven so i probably add PCCB as well for bumps and lightweight flywheel "feel".

If you really want buckets ask your dealer since someone at your dealership probably would give up buckets for an earlier allocation. You should check if that later allocation is able to add that option. Big risk but IMHO i would get the car ASAP and enjoy it this summer/fall.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:23 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Depends who you are and what is important to you. No buckets is a deal breaker for me. I had to retro fit them on my spyder, and it was a traumatic ordeal mentally and financially.

On the 991GT3, I abandoned my original order after the buckets were announced and delayed the arrival of the car about 4 months. Totally worth it.

Still waiting for a GT4 allocation, but if one was given to me without buckets, I would pass. That's me.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
but if one was given to me without buckets, I would pass. That's me.
Same here.

10 weeks delay,not a problem in my book. I'd rather wait.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:41 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

This is just retarded. Exclusive options of every kind should be available on a Special car.... not the "regular" ones. Porsche is seriously dropping the ball on this car.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a July build and it was just delayed 8 weeks for a October Delivery instead of end of August now. I kept the bucket seats. It is definitely a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:19 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hot-J
Porsche is seriously dropping the ball on this car.
Not just dropping the ball but throwing the whole game. Hey Porsche, your are the car industry's Boateng right now. We all love you but come on, really??!?!?!

I'd be really curious to see what happens if the speculation of the buckets being discontinued entirely on the GT4 comes true. I bet some allocations will free up very quickly. Of course, Porsche probably wont admit it publicly so that means we are all going to just keep rumor mongering and never get anywhere ever. Here, Ill start. LWB's no longer an option on v1 GT4's and will be standard on the GT4RS.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:36 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
Not just dropping the ball but throwing the whole game. Hey Porsche, your are the car industry's Boateng right now. We all love you but come on, really??!?!?!

I'd be really curious to see what happens if the speculation of the buckets being discontinued entirely on the GT4 comes true. I bet some allocations will free up very quickly. Of course, Porsche probably wont admit it publicly so that means we are all going to just keep rumor mongering and never get anywhere ever. Here, Ill start. LWB's no longer an option on v1 GT4's and will be standard on the GT4RS.
Bucket seats will be available. Some cars have already been delivered and the other cars are just delayed. My SA assured me that I would get a car with bucket seats.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:41 PM
blackbull
Racer

Originally Posted by Errsomeone
Good news: Got my call today that my order has moved to v200 with July build. With my lock date is apparently only about a week away

Bad news: Apparently reports of the bucket seats being backordered is true and only becoming more problematic.

P will not accept my spec with full bucket seats and the dealer conveyed they were instructed to tell me they were not an option, not delayed, but flat not available. To keep my V200 position I have accepted a dropdown to the standard manual seat.. Though, I have asked the dealer to reach back to P regarding my desire to keep my order as it was with the full bucket, even if it meant confirming a later build date... Awaiting reply...

Unfortunately, I literally just sold my GT2/3 RS buckets that I would have otherwise used.

So question, what would you do? Keep order, keep and get in line again for another spec like some of the 991 GT3 MY14/15, or?
The OEM buckets are based on Recaro's so why not have a custom upholstered set made....it'll be as close as you can get...in fact identical!
Old 05-13-2015, 05:53 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbull
The OEM buckets are based on Recaro's so why not have a custom upholstered set made....it'll be as close as you can get...in fact identical!
They won't come with airbags, afaik...
Old 05-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Just to put some of the posts in perspective - some of the GT3 guys here only use their cars on track. The only street driving is on the way to and from the track. So, if you dedicating your street car's use to track-only duty, the buckets are certainly a must have.

On the flip side, for those that have "mixed" uses, you'll find that the consensus on buckets is also "mixed."

Finally, if you are ordering either seat without having sat in both, you are doing a major disservice to yourself.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Errsomeone

Something does not make sense to me with your situation. If your dealer has given you the allocation from PCNA, and your build is V200, then your build will be scheduled when Porsche can build it. I have not heard of anyone ever "losing" a V200 if they are willing to wait for the car as configured, and the configuration is not discontinued by PAG. If the configuration is discontinued, then you can be asked to change it or lose the slot. Additionally, going from V070 to V200 with a build 8 weeks out on a car that has the demand of the GT4 seems way too short a timeframe. For example, mine went V200 about a month ago for an October build. It was delayed last week 10 weeks for LWB, and it is now a December build. But it is my build and there was never a risk of losing it. Is your dealer playing straight with you? Was this an allocation that someone gave up and they are now trying not to lose? Or is this a pool allocation that is a "take it or lose it" slot and you happen to be first on the list? I may be off base here, but it is probably worth a deeper discussion with your dealer if you have a relationship.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:40 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Depends who you are and what is important to you. No buckets is a deal breaker for me. I had to retro fit them on my spyder, and it was a traumatic ordeal mentally and financially.
On the 991GT3, I abandoned my original order after the buckets were announced and delayed the arrival of the car about 4 months. Totally worth it.
Still waiting for a GT4 allocation, but if one was given to me without buckets, I would pass. That's me.
Yup, it depends if you track it, but the LWBs are not just functionally an integral part of a GT car, but also aesthetically beautiful. It would be one of my biggest regrets if I didn't option them. I am OK with the delay, but my only issue is my wife, it takes the price beyond my initial budget ha!

Quick Reply: GT4 Build Confimed - No Bucket Seat Option - Opinion Requested