GT4 mileage

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by jcorderojr
Hello,
Put a deposit on a CPO GT4 with 9K miles.....Now i found similar car with 2500 miles. Not sure yet if second car is CPO

How much would you guys attribute to 7000 mileage difference?
Both are low mileage cars. They are at least 2 -3 years old now, so even 3k miles a year is nothing.
I'd buy one with the options you want and not worry about mileage. CPO is an added bonus, but a warranty can be obtained later if desired.

Two benefits to higher mileage - there has been more time for the 3rd gear issue to rear it's ugly head. And, you won't worry about adding to the mileage as much. These are amazing cars and should be driven to be truly enjoyed.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:58 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Both are low mileage cars. They are at least 2 -3 years old now, so even 3k miles a year is nothing.
I'd buy one with the options you want and not worry about mileage. CPO is an added bonus, but a warranty can be obtained later if desired.

Two benefits to higher mileage - there has been more time for the 3rd gear issue to rear it's ugly head. And, you won't worry about adding to the mileage as much. These are amazing cars and should be driven to be truly enjoyed.
What are your thoughts on bucket seats? One has buckets. I will not be racing on the track except for educational track time. I have "regular" seats in my 2016 Spyder and like them.
Please advise
Old 12-16-2018, 06:02 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love buckets and feel they are a must. But everybody to his / her own liking...
Old 12-16-2018, 06:07 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sven76
I love buckets and feel they are a must. But everybody to his / her own liking...
How comfortable are they? Im not a tall guy...5 8
Old 12-16-2018, 06:31 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

YMMV but I can road trip in the car no problem. 4 hours to Boston, 7-8 hours to Montreal, an hour or two to Philly, 6 hours to Burlington VT, heck, I might drive to Atlanta for Smokies this year instead of shipping the car. Don't worry, carbon fiber is real stiff, your spine will mold to shape in no time
Old 12-16-2018, 06:41 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

For me, LWBs in a primarily street-driven car were a no-go. I've had Corbeau and Recaro race buckets before in primarily track cars, and in cars that were primarily street but I could easily change out the seats in minutes in my garage. What everyone says about them changing the "character" of the car as far as what it feels like is true. They do feel better on track. But for me, the 360 days a year I (could) drive my GT4 on the street utterly trumps the 4-5 days I take it around a track. Plus...it's not like standard sport seats aren't very very good even on track; they are and the experience is wonderful, especially if you've never done it in buckets. So it's still very fun to be on track even sitting in sofas. But the ingress/egress and the comfort of LWBs makes them noticeably worse on the street to me, so the choice was easy.I have 3 "daily drivers", of which the GT4 is one, so it's not like I don't have other choices. But I didn't ever want to choose to NOT take the GT4 one day that I'd like to simply because the seats are a PIA, and/or somebody else will be riding with me who wouldn't appreciate having to drop down into them.

YMMV, of course.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:43 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajw45
YMMV but I can road trip in the car no problem. 4 hours to Boston, 7-8 hours to Montreal, an hour or two to Philly, 6 hours to Burlington VT, heck, I might drive to Atlanta for Smokies this year instead of shipping the car. Don't worry, carbon fiber is real stiff, your spine will mold to shape in no time
Thanks.....How many miles do you have on your ride?
Old 12-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,084 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free

I agree with this... don’t settle. Get everything you want. It’s a buyers market for GT4s. You can get a highly optioned GT4 with CPO for a great price right now if you’re willing to search and haggle.

edit: just for reference, using myself as an example. I bought my GT4 last December (wow a year already). I wanted Carmine Red or Shappire Blue only. I wanted full leather, buckets, Sports Chrono, Black wheels and head lights. I also preferred no mods, one owner and CPO was a must. I started my search in September and called almost every dealership selling a car that was CR or SB. I almost settled for white but finally found my car. I paid $6k under MSRP, which was $111k. My car has some excessive options like illuminated CF door sills and extended dash and door leather. I wasn’t sure on them, but I love them so much now. So don’t settle or you’ll kick yourself later.

Yes, it has already been 13 months for me too since Nov. 2017.
Paid $1,000 less than MSRP ($112,000) on a CPO car from a large local dealer with 1,250 miles.
Wish I had the illuminated CF door sills though. Those look so cool!

PS. Am 6'1" and skinny at 177 lbs.
The LWB's have worked out great for me. You get used to them.
Once your back adjusts..... no problemo!
Old 12-16-2018, 06:48 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
For me, LWBs in a primarily street-driven car were a no-go. I've had Corbeau and Recaro race buckets before in primarily track cars, and in cars that were primarily street but I could easily change out the seats in minutes in my garage. What everyone says about them changing the "character" of the car as far as what it feels like is true. They do feel better on track. But for me, the 360 days a year I (could) drive my GT4 on the street utterly trumps the 4-5 days I take it around a track. Plus...it's not like standard sport seats aren't very very good even on track; they are and the experience is wonderful, especially if you've never done it in buckets. So it's still very fun to be on track even sitting in sofas. But the ingress/egress and the comfort of LWBs makes them noticeably worse on the street to me, so the choice was easy.I have 3 "daily drivers", of which the GT4 is one, so it's not like I don't have other choices. But I didn't ever want to choose to NOT take the GT4 one day that I'd like to simply because the seats are a PIA, and/or somebody else will be riding with me who wouldn't appreciate having to drop down into them.

YMMV, of course.
Thanks man....great info....I will be similar 360 road and maybe 4-5 track limited
Old 12-16-2018, 07:11 PM
sholzer
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Anything less than 10k was attractive to me since they were listed for not much more than cars with 20k miles. I ended finding a 2800 mile car that was CPO’d for 5k under sticker (sticker of $103k).

As far as buckets I’d try them out for you. I’m a big guy but still find them comfy, but it’s largely personal taste. I do think they make the car feel more special, but at the same time I do think there are instances where I would second guess taking the car because of the seats.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:11 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by jcorderojr
Thanks.....How many miles do you have on your ride?
Ticked over 18k miles last week! I don't drive every day, or even every week, and driving in NYC sucks, so if I'm pulling the car out of the garage instead of taking an uber it's going to be at least an hour drive. At the track I've been removing the bottom cushion to try to get that little bit more feel and even sitting on the bare carbon shell (well, with a layer of velcro), it's not at all harsh. Helper springs, soft spring rates (relatively), and PASM are amazing at rounding out the bumps so really it's whether or not you're comfortable in the seat. Again, YMMV, my last two cars both had coilovers running 500-600 lbs/in spring rates so the GT4 is pretty cushy for me.

Getting in and out is the hardest part - my 82 year old father has driven with me to Montreal (twice!) and it's tough getting into the LWBS (even harder watching him try to get out) but once he's in he'll pass out in no time and arrive feeling pretty good. I just drove my brother down to Atlantic City. He's not small (size 14 shoes!) and he worked on his laptop the whole way down. My mother who has had her hip replaced came back up NYC and she was (surprisingly) totally fine with the seats too. My wife HATES the lwbs with a passion, can't believe they cost extra
Old 12-16-2018, 07:55 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

One more wrinkle in my dilemma
: One is a 2015 build and the second one a 2016
Old 12-16-2018, 08:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Instead of your piece meal approach to releasing information why don't you just put out all the info at once. I bet you would get better answers. SmH
Old 12-16-2018, 09:02 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Instead of your piece meal approach to releasing information why don't you just put out all the info at once. I bet you would get better answers. SmH
Agree. Tough to follow.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:21 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Originally Posted by sholzer
Anything less than 10k was attractive to me since they were listed for not much more than cars with 20k miles. I ended finding a 2800 mile car that was CPO’d for 5k under sticker (sticker of $103k).

As far as buckets I’d try them out for you. I’m a big guy but still find them comfy, but it’s largely personal taste. I do think they make the car feel more special, but at the same time I do think there are instances where I would second guess taking the car because of the seats.
That Agate Grey is gorgeous on the GT4

Quick Reply: GT4 mileage