Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Header Comparison Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018 | 11:03 AM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

Default GT4 Header Comparison Video

Not much here yet I may update / replace it at some point with more. Right now it is just a mix of outside/inside/garage so only semi useful... EDIT decibel reading of my stock header now done too see Post #7 for a second video. But here you go...

Video link:

Dundon Race - external (I can tell you inside it was similar to being in the garage in stock header car hehe) - more mechanical raw / gritty sound outside still decent high pitch inside.
Cargraphics Sport - More than stock perhaps but definitely closer to it. Except outside of car is definitely louder. Tone is very similar to stock
OEM Stock - in a garage so yeah...was just a quick rev and short push up a flight for fun because I couldn't help myself hahah.

I sadly didn't have a dbA meter when I saw Dundon so not sure how loud but I am guessing it is 130+ and my meter only goes to 130 anyhow...
Cargraphic Sport seemed to get about 125 dbA decibel wise...just standing off and to the side a few feet like that my ears actually hurt a little.
OEM Stock is well oem... I need to get # for decibel reading but I think reading forums here it's mid 90s?

All three of the cars seemed OEM quiet at idle and cruising below 4k rpm. Both my stock header and the cargraphic sport read around 84db of just cruise/road noise. I assume that Dundon Race was probably similar, maybe slightly louder but not by much.

With windows down and on the gas / higher rpms the Race headers you hear mostly the exhaust, it's loud. With sport cats you hear an even mix of exhaust and wind/road noise. With OEM headers you hear some engine and some wind/road noise. At least that is my unofficial take.

Thank you to the rennlisters who helped make this possible. At some point we should do a back road GT4 gathering and maybe a more complete video shoot of all cars external and internal etc. For right now I am busy for the near future so will have to figure out maybe later towards summer. I also have a better camera and mic etc but wanted this set of video to be consistent.
I may or may not have a video for another option too in the future...since I am also considering Soul Performance too...

Thanks!
Comet

Last edited by mcomet; 05-19-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2018 | 09:35 PM
vdar
Advanced

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing Comet
Old 05-07-2018 | 10:52 AM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

BTW for some more info as I haven't had a chance to measure my own dbA reading yet I did a search and found this old rennlist thead about what cruising decibels were.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9147...ise-level.html

Last post etc similar to my findings... about 84-85dbA cruising at low rpms. And about 100-101 dbA at WOT. Interestingly this stock data seems to match similar to the cargraphic sport I was in...which still makes me wonder if it is louder or not...

Link to other thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9147...ise-level.html

Link to video with sound db reading jump to 4 minutes in...

Old 05-07-2018 | 10:57 AM
digitalrurouni
Pro

I like the sound of the Dundon headers. But that's without the cat I assume. That will be a bit of a problem. Apparently Cargraphics has a cat back exhaust option as well so I would be curious to hear the headers with the exhaust and how that sounds. BGB reports a bunch more horsepower gets released as a result of doing the full swap too. That sounds more appealing.
Old 05-07-2018 | 09:52 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Dundon either has or is working on a cat solution for the GT4. You will be able to take them out for track and put them back in for the street.
Old 05-08-2018 | 01:19 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great video comparison between the the three header set ups. Factory PSE used on each?

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
I like the sound of the Dundon headers. But that's without the cat I assume. That will be a bit of a problem. Apparently Cargraphics has a cat back exhaust option as well so I would be curious to hear the headers with the exhaust and how that sounds. BGB reports a bunch more horsepower gets released as a result of doing the full swap too. That sounds more appealing.
We've sold over 30 sets of the new modular sport headers from Cargraphic, and the feedback has been incredible! The removable cats are a great feature for all of you dual purpose street & track guys who want to retain the cats for street use, and then easily remove and preserve them when going on track.

Old 05-19-2018 | 04:07 PM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

So... had time to finally get my car with a similar recording of sound from my same db meter and iPhone... Result video of STOCK OEM Car here below.

Results is about 116 dbA decibel reading. So that makes Cargraphic Sport Cats about 10dbA louder than stock OEM. Race Headers are at least to my ears easily that again if not more LOL.

Old 06-26-2018 | 10:56 AM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

Update! I have done a full review of the Soul Sport Headers as I went with them.
The full review is here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1077...rs-review.html

I also did some similar recording videos as well shown on that page...

Numbers were very similar to Cargraphics Sport which makes sense since they are similar. For whatever reason it was noticeably louder on my car vs the test I felt with cargraphics...but then again I wasn't driving the other one. External was about 123 dbA which is within the 2 dbA margin of error of the device when compared to the cargraphics. Inside audio was up to low 100's at points mostly high 90s. Seems pretty good to me as I wasn't quite wanting race level insanity... it's still loud enough to enjoy compared to stock though.

More images, information, and another video is on the full review page listed above... here's the DB reading video for completeness sake in this thread...

The following users liked this post:
Budgeezer (11-29-2023)

Quick Reply: GT4 Header Comparison Video