Lithium battery group buy info, Antigravity RS-30

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 07:40 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
F.W.I.W.

I connected my Optimate charger ( for the first time ) to my RS-30 last night at around 9:00 p.m. At that time it was showing a solid green light.

This morning at around 8:00 a.m. I noticed it had gone to a flashing green ( not knowing when it actually started ).

Fast forward to getting home at around 6:00 p.m. this evening. It is still flashing green.

So assuming it started flashing at 9 a.m. this morning, it has only been about 9 hours. I will keep an eye on it throughout the evening to see if / when it goes back to a solid green.
Checked a couple hours later last night and mine was a solid green. Continued to stay solid green even up to this point now.

Last edited by GT TREE; 06-29-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Blu RS
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MODERATOR!! Posts between #45 and #61 have apparently been deleted. Can you please restore? OK, now they appear restored. GREAT!

GT Tree - you say flashing a solid green then stayed solid green. ??? So has it continued flashing (i.e. blinking?) all this time or does the #5 green light now stay solid?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:17 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

BlU RS - I see no evidence of ANY posts being deleted and then restored. I checked them all. Maybe a browser issue on your end?
Regards,
Old 06-29-2018, 12:39 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Checked a couple hours later last night and mine was a solid green. Continued to stay solid green even up to this point now.
Originally Posted by Blu RS
MODERATOR!! Posts between #45 and #61 have apparently been deleted. Can you please restore? OK, now they appear restored. GREAT!

GT Tree - you say flashing a solid green then stayed solid green. ??? So has it continued flashing (i.e. blinking?) all this time or does the #5 green light now stay solid?
Just edited my last post. I meant when I went back and checked it it was a solid green. It is still at this moment solid green.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:49 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 276 Posts

Car sat for a week, still started up great this battery didn’t melt my ECU, stamp of approval
Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Exiled
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here . no issues. Did a road trip to Quebec and Montreal from Boston over 5 days 0 issues.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:22 AM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got mine installed by the great folks at Freed Performance. Very happy with it so far. Unreal the weight difference between stock and the new battery!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,048 Likes on 591 Posts

Hi All,

Glad all is going well with the Batteries, though I expect nothing less and if you do have any issues please email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com. I have said it alot but I don't get notified of the threads or comments all the time, and sometimes I won't come on the site for a few weeks... so just hit me up directly.

Now I know there has been some questions on the Optimate charger NOT going full GREEN sometimes... But I will let you know these facts that might assist you guys if you Optimate Charger is just blinking Green and not turning FULL Green. We are not Optimate Tech... we are Antigravity and Optimate is their own company. But the products are the best we have found...CTEK is also fine with their Lithium, but Optimate is a bit more in depth overall in the charge curve. So here are some things I will say.

1- As frustrating as it may be if you light does not turn a solid green... do realize that that the battery is actually fully charge upon the flashing green. It just means that it has not fully stabalized or something on the Optimates brain... but the voltage is at the range of fully charged. That is the bottom line though I know it might not be a good answer for some of you. But I will be honest, I have not cared about a solid green because it the battery is at or above 13.8v you are golden... the battery is sufficiently charged and a few tenths of a volt eitherway will not really matter. But if you find that solid green and you found a specific reason for it please inform others. I'm just saying as far as the Antigravity Battery you are good to go with a flashing green light. No need to keep in on the charger or worry.

2- I did some testing myself on my car (2016 GT3 RS) I found the blinking light issue and monitored the battery with a Mooshi-Meter and found it followed it charging curve then sat at the blinking light which was a fine final voltageand at a fully charge point of 13.8v (yes it can also go up to 14.6 but it does not charge it anymore because once the battery is taken off the charge it goes back down to its nominal voltage of 13.2v.... so 13.8 is fine and you Porsche will also take it up to about 14.5 during driving... BOTH are fine. I left it on and saw it at a solid green like a day or more later, ignored it and let it keep going and saw it at flashing green again... so I assume there was some thing like me walking by with the key that cause a little draw on the battery.

So I did the same on some of our Smaller Batteires and our larger Deep Cycle Battery that is a 111Ah battery and they all followed the same sort of protocol with the Blinking green appearing then occasionally solid, then blinking sometimes. So after doing this I just said.... "oh-well" because they were all charged and at the same voltage at the blinking vs non blinking of roughly 13.8 though I saw 14.2 on my graph a few times.... but all perfectly within reason. So sorry I don't have any firm answer but can tell you that is all safe and fine once blinking green. I could not find the difference between any state of charge with our without the light blinking. I'm meeting with Optimate on next month for a new charger that works with some of the advancements we are working on for next year and will ask them in more detail at that time.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,048 Likes on 591 Posts

I also wanted to share this great Video by Eric the Car guy that I found on Youtube. I was trying to find a video we could recommend to allow persons with Parasitic draws that drain the battery quickly on their cars and just tell them to watch it rather than me write a long paragraph about Parasitic Draws... so this video is great. A little long and a little boring at times, but the information is GREAT, so watch it all the way through and you will really be a pro at causes and finding Parasitic drains.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:14 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Default Group buy for mine here ;-)

If you missed the group buy here you go. Would cost you about $930.00 now to get all three items.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...l#post15234550
Old 08-27-2018, 10:51 PM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

PM sent

Last edited by BF951; 08-27-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-29-2018, 09:16 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

If you missed the group buy here you go. Would cost you about $930.00 now to get all three items.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...l#post15234550
Still available!

SOLD!

Last edited by GT TREE; 08-30-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:31 PM
ilario
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good evening I wanted to know if anyone has had battery problems. I noticed that I download it easily. Today I went by a quick wash, I left the key inserted and then turned on, I appeared on the display a message "low battery level" no longer worked the power steering. I turned off the car and then turned it back on and everything is normal again, but I'm worried about you?
Old 11-05-2018, 03:22 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have left my Spyder sitting in the garage for a month or more and no issues so far.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:20 PM
ilario
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

with the battery charger inserted?

Quick Reply: Lithium battery group buy info, Antigravity RS-30