GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Lithium battery group buy info, Antigravity RS-30

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020 | 07:52 PM
user1029
Drifting

The RS30 was in my Subaru Granted it could have happened with any battery but I hoped at the Restart feature would have bailed me out last weekend. I'll be going back to good ol' lead acid batteries. A few pounds saved is not worth getting nearly killed I would only run Lithium batteries for weekend track cars not daily drivers I was fully happy with the RS30 battery prior to this incident just to be clear

Last edited by user1029; 09-08-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2020 | 04:41 AM
Corrado79
Advanced

How much is a new, standard battery from the dealer?
Old 09-09-2020 | 07:50 AM
andymlow
Advanced

Originally Posted by Antigravity
We have a sales this weekend going on it 15% OFF....
I'm guessing that ended at the time you posted this on Monday? Or are you referring to the following weekend coming up? I see no mention on you web site. Thx.
Old 09-09-2020 | 03:08 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by andymlow
I'm guessing that ended at the time you posted this on Monday? Or are you referring to the following weekend coming up? I see no mention on you web site. Thx.
It was through Monday all day... but keep in mind we are not so strict on this. We often have people not see the sale. But if your interested contact the office two day later isn't going to harm anything, they'll get you squared away. And then we'll be doing another around Black Friday time which is the last of this year.
Old 09-09-2020 | 04:52 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

I've got a RS30 in my car that I replaced with a factory battery as the car will be sitting outside in colder temps not driven for a bit.

If interested PM me.
Old 09-12-2020 | 11:28 AM
Batmobile99
Track Day

DO not trust antigravity. They Are a terrible company with no customer service, bad after-sale service. Purchased battery that was damaged on arrival and they did nothing to help me... just buy from a reliable company instead of risking putting a dangerous product in your expensive car and not have the support from the antigravity.
Old 09-12-2020 | 05:17 PM
Snowy999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Batmobile99
DO not trust antigravity. They Are a terrible company with no customer service, bad after-sale service. Purchased battery that was damaged on arrival and they did nothing to help me... just buy from a reliable company instead of risking putting a dangerous product in your expensive car and not have the support from the antigravity.
whilst I appreciate that you comments may be accurate, this was not my experience when I had a problem.
Old 09-12-2020 | 05:34 PM
n3rd
Pro

Batman,
Mine sat in a box for six months and started on the first try when I installed it. Did you reach out to them directly? Did you buy the battery used?
Old 09-12-2020 | 07:37 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Batman, that was certainly not my experience dealing with Scott & Antigravity battery. For as long as batteries have been around, I've never seen a company come up with a feature that allows you to
"boost" yourself. That doesn't sound very good, but it's exactly what the RS30 can do when you're stuck.
Old 09-12-2020 | 09:43 PM
Batmobile99
Track Day

Default Antigravity

Originally Posted by n3rd
Batman,
Mine sat in a box for six months and started on the first try when I installed it. Did you reach out to them directly? Did you buy the battery used?
yes I have, and their tech person told me the battery is damaged however the issue is that they still want me to send it in.

i asked them to see if they can make an exception since I am in Canada and there is a lithium tax that I already paid of 180$ that I don’t feel like repaying to have it shipped to them and again on the way back... I told them I can do the test they want with them show on FaceTime to show that the battery is defective instead of shipping back. That being said, they said someone would reach me and nobody has. I tried reaching them since then and they ignore my emails. They never got back to me with an answer or a rma number for me to ship it back. All I am asking is to have a viable resolution. Paying an additional 400$ of shipping plus lithium tax makes no sense for me after having a terrible experience with a defective battery. Nothing tells me they will ship me another defective battery after I paid another 400$. Its pretty frustrating ordering a battery costing me over 1000$ and that it’s defective on arrival... They should give me a clear answer on what to do and fix the terrible experience I had with them. I had to pay 180$ lithium tax that I wasn’t aware of, I had to buy a new battery from Ferrari and have the dealer replace it again, installation charges to put and replace and now on top of all that trouble, they want me to pay the lithium tax another two times plus shipping to get another battery...
Old 09-13-2020 | 12:35 AM
user1029
Drifting

^Damn
Old 09-13-2020 | 08:33 AM
n3rd
Pro

yes I have, and their tech person told me the battery is damaged however the issue is that they still want me to send it in.

i asked them to see if they can make an exception since I am in Canada and there is a lithium tax that I already paid of 180$ that I don’t feel like repaying to have it shipped to them and again on the way back... I told them I can do the test they want with them show on FaceTime to show that the battery is defective instead of shipping back. That being said, they said someone would reach me and nobody has. I tried reaching them since then and they ignore my emails. They never got back to me with an answer or a rma number for me to ship it back. All I am asking is to have a viable resolution. Paying an additional 400$ of shipping plus lithium tax makes no sense for me after having a terrible experience with a defective battery. Nothing tells me they will ship me another defective battery after I paid another 400$. Its pretty frustrating ordering a battery costing me over 1000$ and that it’s defective on arrival... They should give me a clear answer on what to do and fix the terrible experience I had with them. I had to pay 180$ lithium tax that I wasn’t aware of, I had to buy a new battery from Ferrari and have the dealer replace it again, installation charges to put and replace and now on top of all that trouble, they want me to pay the lithium tax another two times plus shipping to get another battery...
While I understand your frustration this thread is directed to Porsche’s. Ferrari’s have notoriously squirrelly electronics. Have you tested the battery in another car? Have you tried to put the battery on a lithium battery charger or run any diagnostics? I would call them again and ask for Scott. Provide as much info as possible.

Old 09-13-2020 | 07:42 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The technician that told me that the battery was defective was sonny.

The person that would not give me a straight answer or return my emails was Arlene.

I dont believe I spoke to Scott.

I understand it was on my Ferrari 458, but doesn’t remove the fact that I they are not helping me. If the experience was good I would of considered it for my 911 also. The lightweight savings and restart function is very attractive if worked.
Wow Batmobile, sorry you're so angry....I see you have made a point to post in 5 other Rennlist threads about how awful a company we are. I have no problem with criticism provided it is honest, and creates a dialog directed toward resolution, but this has been an extremely aggressive attempt to hurt Antigravity and portray us as some non-responsive company. The fact is your statements are not entirely accurate in the way you are portraying this. So I will respond and hopefully find resolution.

The simple resolution is just for you to send the battery back and we will fully refund you. I cannot refund your Canadian Tax Fees and or charges Canada puts on products.... that has nothing to do with Antigravity Batteries. But for the battery, heck yea we'll refund you, we'll do that for anybody who doesn't like our stuff or has any issues.

Unfortunately, because you statements have been so critical of our company I am forced to respond with the facts so the reader can understand the realities. This is actually very simple.

1- You bought the battery in Dec of 2019... we shipped it to Canada for you. You wrote to us a couple months later stating you had an issue with the battery (oddly you never brought up being stranded like said in some of your posts). We immediately responded, and we gave you documentation on how we handle the warranty, and how to send the battery back to us so we can do the warranty.

2- You then wrote back and stated you wanted a NEW battery shipped to you at our cost without shipping the original battery back to us. My staff said we could not do that and we required the battery be shipped back to do the warranty. You then stated that you wanted us to pay shipping from you to us and the staff again informed you we don't pay shipping from the Customer to our Offices as part of any Warranty Claim, and that is documented on our Warranty claim form. Please note returning a product is normal business practice whether you buy an Auto Part, or a Toaster, you have to send back the product back to get warranty service, or a refund.

3 - To date you still have not sent the battery back to us. We have not avoided you, we didn't even think about it actually because we figured you were sending the battery back. We have told you a few times to just send it back yet you keep wanting us to pay certain things for you. I'm sorry about that policy affecting you like this, but we just want to get the battery back and we'll refund you.

The bottom line is we just want to get the original battery back to warranty it, yet you have not sent the battery back.. We need to understand what the problem could be, to recover the valuable parts in the battery, and see if there was a manufacturer issues or something else and learn from it. I have said we will fully refund you. So just send it back and we can get this done. If you aren't doing that then we can't help you, you have to be involved and take that action.

Old 09-13-2020 | 07:48 PM
Batmobile99
Track Day

Default Response

I will ship the battery back, and I understand if you don’t reimburse me the tax or shipping cost.

That’s was one of the things I asked and your company had said no. All I wanted is a solution that is reasonable.

Spending an additional 400$ to get a replacement battery was not acceptable for me considering all the trouble I went through. A company should accept their faults and make things better, not ignore emails.

thank you for your response and I hope you coach Arlene who was awful in this hole process.

Last edited by Batmobile99; 09-13-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2020 | 09:33 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Batmobile, vendettas are not allowed here. You have one, and only one, opportunity to express your concerns; that's fair to you, the consumer. However, please do not post in any other threads about your issues with Antigravity.

Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
Snowy999 (09-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Lithium battery group buy info, Antigravity RS-30