Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Dundon Headers-wow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:02 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

That's a good idea. After the "no tagalongs if you didn't register" email today I'm a little afraid to. I might be put on probation. But hey... probably worth the risk.

i'll start a "anybody with the following equipment willing to take me for a ride at Smokies" thread the week of.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Leuz
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy it’s been a while since I last posted here.... anyway here is another extremely positive review about DMS headers + 91 tune. Besides the amazing support from Jamie, the headers are great. I have to say that installing them took a while (DIY), it was really hard to figure out a procedure to make them fit crawled underneath my car. But once they go up... my gosh.
Sound: cruising they sound like stock, but with more pops. Step on the throttle and you rip ears off people (j/k) but they get really loud. No drone whatsoever.
Performance: have not dyno’d but the car definitely feels more alive. But beware you need sport mode on to fully appreciate and start WOT from ~ 3k rpm, while before I could have done that from slightly lower rpms. In normal mode, the ECU tends to pull Timing in that case.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Meet us at PNA in ATL before we head north for the Smokies event in a few weeks?
Do you have Dundon headers and tune on your car?
Old 04-09-2018, 12:14 AM
GT4John
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Huh....these guys are just 30 minutes away from me. I'll have to go check out their shop. Very cool.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:57 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Do you have Dundon headers and tune on your car?
Yes! Well, the headers anyway, had the DMS tune in for smokies last year but now running a custom tune....
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
That's a good idea. After the "no tagalongs if you didn't register" email today I'm a little afraid to. I might be put on probation. But hey... probably worth the risk.

i'll start a "anybody with the following equipment willing to take me for a ride at Smokies" thread the week of.
Bet that stretch of road in front of the pec is pretty empty at night
Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM
b46
Instructor

Originally Posted by Buteo
Alan has been raving about them for quite some
time. I bit the bullet and really wish I did it sooner. Best bang per dollar. The Dundon boys are on point!

Ive got mine mates to the Akrapovic titanium system...and yes it’s race car noises on a cold start.
Any difference with the Akra exhaust in performance vs. just headers? Is the Akra exhaust catted? Do you have the tune? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by b46
Any difference with the Akra exhaust in performance vs. just headers? Is the Akra exhaust catted? Do you have the tune? Thanks.
I don’t know for sure. I don’t believe so..it’s a lighter system and Akrapovic claims 7hp. The Akrapovic system is from the cats back, the Dundon is catless and meets up perfectly to the Akrapovic. I am running the Dundon tune.

If anything my my car is just a little louder and maybe slightly better free flowing, but the Akrapovic gains I suspect are negligible. It does sound phenomenal though, and as a Canyon/track car I love it. Not obnoxious as a straight pipe as it does have OEM style baffles that work just like the ones from porsche. The exhaust button is functional too.

i am also running
-IPD Plenum/GT3TB
-BMC filters
-Cobb Dundon tune
-HRE p10 w/ titanium lugs (A bit lighter than oem)
Old 04-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Man I wish there was somebody in the Atlanta area with a Dundon/Cobb setup

In this case, of course, the "something else" is the car's aural signature. Maybe I'll like it, but maybe I'll wish I'd never done it in the first place. An extensive test ride along with somebody would let me answer two questions: 1) is the performance delta enough to make it worth the hassle (Buteo's answer of "used to be slower than my Carrera GTS, now faster that that car" is a great indicator for me because of my experience with my GTS. But Buteo hasn't lined them up and raced, or timed them. So I'd still like to get a ride. And 2) listening to start-up, puttering along, and 3/4 throttle, and WOT would be super instructive.

Anybody?
So much so that I’m not driving the GTS and just sold it to my dealer towards my RS allocation.

You are more than welcome to come to Denver and check out the GT4, but I think you may be rather disappointed coming from Atlanta. The altitude here kills our naturally aspirated cars. 911.2 GTS often accelerate quicker than Gt3. Same could be said for the 718 GTS and gt4.

Old 04-09-2018, 12:20 PM
jvong2
Track Day

Originally Posted by b46
Finally installed the Dundon race headers on the GT4 and wow! I know there’s been a lot of positive reviews but I didn’t know it would be this good. It really transforms the car and improves the overall experience. Thanks Jamie for your help on this.
Do you have a tune and are you on stock exhaust? Also, do you have any CEL issues?
Old 04-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 80 Posts

Since it doesn't look like I'll be getting a .2 GT3 allocation, I was considering going this route on the GT4.

Anyone in the Chicago area running this setup for me to checkout?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:16 PM
b46
Instructor

Originally Posted by jvong2
Do you have a tune and are you on stock exhaust? Also, do you have any CEL issues?
No tune and running stock exhaust - no issues.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:26 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What I am concerned about going catless is the smell and also how do folks deal with emissions? Does Dundon have a catted option?
Old 04-09-2018, 01:33 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
It does sound phenomenal though, and as a Canyon/track car I love it. Not obnoxious as a straight pipe as it does have OEM style baffles that work just like the ones from porsche.

Having followed you in the canyons, I can attest to that
Old 04-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I ran my Dundon headers without a tune on track, around town, highway and at the Smokies. No CEL. Of course adding their tune doesn't result in a CEL either. A bigger smile, yes.

With the addition of TPC's toe links and DSC the car is a great package.

I don't regret passing on my .2GT3 allocation.

Quick Reply: Dundon Headers-wow!