Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 371 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Since you anticipate the same power level with both race and catted header, do the differences simply boil down to: the race will be louder and more apt to be held at the consistently higher temps/revs seen on a track, whereas the catted version would be somewhat quieter and able to pass smog?
Our catted version is actually on the muffler side of things. So if someone wanted a catted system from us they would purchase race headers and catted side pipes to either attach to their existing muffler or to run with our valved GT3 muffler kit.

The nice thing about running it this way is you take off the rear tire and you can get at the cat and swap it for a test pipe for track days if you were so inclined. Or leave it there to try and help pass sound at sound restricted tracks.
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 04-28-2018, 08:39 PM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Sooooo. Met up with a rennlist member (one of the people above who have the Dundon race headers on their gt4) to compare to my stock car today. Wow what a difference.

First off the car definitely pulls harder at higher rpms with the header and a tune. I am running Cobb stage 1 91 tune. The header car was running another tune (stage 2?) also 91 but with headers. There’s always more feeling from passenger seat but even accounting for that there’s definitely some more torque.

The sound is ridiculous. Reminded me a little of armytrix exhaust I had once on my old 981S. Quite loud. But. Unlike that no drone. Even cruising or idling. The Dundon race headers sounded quiet and oem. It’s not until he valves open then it’s just insanity. No drone. Just loud. Pretty amazing you can cruise and be ok. But then get on gas and it’s like being in a tunnel without the tunnel.

I think for me ill I’ll be looking to go with something in the middle to loud range so leaning to Sport headers with 200 cel cats. Which means likely cargraphics or fabspeed. Or maybe Dundon will release their catted version soon?

Anyhow for anyone looking for “insane” level race headers will do it. I was amazed how much headers altered volume and sound keeping stock PSE exhaust.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:14 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Our catted version is actually on the muffler side of things. So if someone wanted a catted system from us they would purchase race headers and catted side pipes to either attach to their existing muffler or to run with our valved GT3 muffler kit.

The nice thing about running it this way is you take off the rear tire and you can get at the cat and swap it for a test pipe for track days if you were so inclined. Or leave it there to try and help pass sound at sound restricted tracks.

Jamie - What are your thoughts on the GT3 Throttle body and IPD plenum? If you're going to put the air filter, race headers, and tune the car does it make sense to put the throttle body + plenum on too? I know many have done this full package but there isn't much data on the before/after with the GT3 Throttle body and IPD plenum when combined with the air filter and Dundon headers.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Jamie - What are your thoughts on the GT3 Throttle body and IPD plenum? If you're going to put the air filter, race headers, and tune the car does it make sense to put the throttle body + plenum on too? I know many have done this full package but there isn't much data on the before/after with the GT3 Throttle body and IPD plenum when combined with the air filter and Dundon headers.
We tested the GT3 TB and IPD plenum and in our testing it made a 2-3whp difference at high rpm. The headers, airfilter and tune get you a big big bump in power, adding more dollars for minimal gains we didn’t feel was warranted.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:05 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

We tested the GT3 TB and IPD plenum and in our testing it made a 2-3whp difference at high rpm. The headers, airfilter and tune get you a big big bump in power, adding more dollars for minimal gains we didn’t feel was warranted.
If I were to already have the GT3 TB and IPD Plenum, it it run OK with your standard Dundon COBB Tune or do you have a tune that can account of them? Do you by chance have dyne data of the following: headers/filter/tune vs headers/filter/tune/GT3 TB/IPD Plenum?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:00 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If if you have it on the car already that’s fine. Tune will work. If you don’t have on the car, then is up to you. Shoot me an email for dyno’s and such...

If I were to already have the GT3 TB and IPD Plenum, it it run OK with your standard Dundon COBB Tune or do you have a tune that can account of them? Do you by chance have dyne data of the following: headers/filter/tune vs headers/filter/tune/GT3 TB/IPD Plenum?
Old 09-03-2018, 11:08 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

I bought a set of Dundon headers from a forum member and we got them mounted up today. So much better than my expectations. Did not install the air filters yet. I may skip the K&N units and go with BMC. Still undecided. Cobb tuner will be arriving end of September - also purchased from a forum member.

Anyone still on the fence about these, come on down and order up. Incredible.

And a big thank you to Jamie for hooking me up with gaskets. No CEL generated so far.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:22 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Air filters make a big difference. Either K&N or BMC are fine.

Glad we exceeded your expectations! Retorque those exhaust flange bolts after a tank of gas or so and you should Ben good to go!
Originally Posted by iammacey
I bought a set of Dundon headers from a forum member and we got them mounted up today. So much better than my expectations. Did not install the air filters yet. I may skip the K&N units and go with BMC. Still undecided. Cobb tuner will be arriving end of September - also purchased from a forum member.

Anyone still on the fence about these, come on down and order up. Incredible.

And a big thank you to Jamie for hooking me up with gaskets. No CEL generated so far.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:37 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set put on my car yesterday along with plenum, TB and EVOMs tune. What a difference.....other than sound, biggest difference is smoother power delivery without lumpiness. They are loud though....so be prepared.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:28 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ak432
I had a set put on my car yesterday along with plenum, TB and EVOMs tune. What a difference.....other than sound, biggest difference is smoother power delivery without lumpiness. They are loud though....so be prepared.
What shop did your install?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:28 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

I know these are long tubes... do these remedy the mid range dip the same way that the Fabspeed / CGs do?

Have a set of Fabspeed sports on now... toying with the idea of trying out the Dundons.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:32 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 546 Posts

I'd do it. Better design, build quality and performance.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
I know these are long tubes... do these remedy the mid range dip the same way that the Fabspeed / CGs do?

Have a set of Fabspeed sports on now... toying with the idea of trying out the Dundons.
Simple answer is yes, by a wide margin...

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/bl...r-race-headers

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/po...425hp?carid=41

30 day send it back guarantee and Lifetime repair or replace warranty!

Old 09-16-2018, 04:10 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What shop did your install?
HG motorsports did the work for me. Highly recommend them!

Old 09-16-2018, 04:32 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=ak432;15294426]HG motorsports did the work for me. Highly recommend them!

San Diego or LA?

Quick Reply: Dundon Headers-wow!