Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Will I be able to order a GT4 without any drama?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:52 AM
KareemGT4
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Oh please

Wrong forum. No new GT4(RS) yet.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
I was able to order a basically stripped GT4 to my specs at MSRP from Porsche of Conshohocken. Everything went smoothly and I recommend them.
Thanks Bill, I will check them out shortly. Could I ask who you dealt with?
Do you go to Cars and Coffee in Doylestown? I saw a similar car to yours there last month.

Thanks also to all that replied.
Rich
Old 06-09-2017, 11:00 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Delete

Last edited by otisdog; 06-09-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Decided to not go down to his level....
Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's interesting how many people talk about their order struggles... Mine was not smooth by any means, but I did get through and got the car at MSRP. Only then the dealer ****ed up my order pretty badly, and didn't seem to care. Presumably because they thought they were already doing me a huge favor by selling me at MSRP.

I didn't think many were going for much over MSRP in Texas, though.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:53 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 235 Posts

Quick story on my order...

I called 20+ dealers over several months around the US wanting a GT4. Most said no, some said maybe, one told me to buy a Boxster first, as this would be my first Porsche, and then they'd let me know if I was worthy for a GT4.

I had a business trip in Berlin. Found out that I could rent a Porsche from the Experience Center there. Got a 911 C4S and drove it to Prague for a night, just to get it on the autobahn and have some fun.

Upon returning it, I filled out a survey asking if I wanted to buy one, what model, and from what dealer. I said a GT4, from my local dealer. That was on a Thursday. Flew home and didn't think much about it.

Monday night I got a call from my local dealer who just happened to now have a GT4 allocation for me.

Don't want drama? Maybe you need to go to Berlin and rent one first. Just make sure you fill out the survey!

Now I'm told I'm 2nd on my dealer's list for 6mt, PTS, in the new GT3. Hope it happens!
Old 06-09-2017, 11:44 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this is worth anything... I was new to the brand but made deposit only at my local (smaller) dealership. Turned down my first allocation due to no buckets, and was still able to build/get one from the same dealer with buckets 8 months later. I think if you commit to one dealer (that isn't a jerk) and get your name on a requested car with a configuration you stand a descent chance.
Best of luck
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

I wonder if renting from any Porsche Experience dealer would work?
Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Quick story on my order...

I called 20+ dealers over several months around the US wanting a GT4. Most said no, some said maybe, one told me to buy a Boxster first, as this would be my first Porsche, and then they'd let me know if I was worthy for a GT4.

I had a business trip in Berlin. Found out that I could rent a Porsche from the Experience Center there. Got a 911 C4S and drove it to Prague for a night, just to get it on the autobahn and have some fun.

Upon returning it, I filled out a survey asking if I wanted to buy one, what model, and from what dealer. I said a GT4, from my local dealer. That was on a Thursday. Flew home and didn't think much about it.

Monday night I got a call from my local dealer who just happened to now have a GT4 allocation for me.

Don't want drama? Maybe you need to go to Berlin and rent one first. Just make sure you fill out the survey!

Now I'm told I'm 2nd on my dealer's list for 6mt, PTS, in the new GT3. Hope it happens!

I have found that drama is underrated

Last edited by Perimeter; 06-24-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:29 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by CME
PAG has provided no hints of a new GT4, but assume there will be one based on the success of the original model. The question that has been asked and unanswered is will they go with a 991.2 turbo motor, de-tune the new 991.2 GT3 motor, use the 991.1 GT3 motor or develop a new NA motor. Highly doubtful on the last 2 options.

I think they go with de-tuned 991.2 GT3 motor and skip the base GT4 and go straight GT4 RS.
Chet
Hard to imagine they'd use the .1 GT3 motor!

Quick Reply: Will I be able to order a GT4 without any drama?