Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - PEC Atlanta Delivery Summary

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Your impressions of the Ceramic Brakes considering you had steel before?
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Did they do a clear bra install at the PEC? I asked when it was an option for delivery but I didn't do it because the dealer said they wouldn't let anyone onsite to do the install and they didn't have a contracted vendor yet.
They don't do it there. The PEC can't allow access to do the wrap on-site and certainly not before you've taken possession of it.

There are several talented vendors in the metro area though.

Originally Posted by Shockwave
Considering the PEC is in Atlanta wouldn't it be better to just let Jean-Pierre with Detailed Designs handle the Clearbra needs? They have tons of experience in that department and would be a better choice then whoever the PEC contracted.
Never used them before. I just took it to my guy in Roswell, which is only about 45min or so away (depending on traffic). I wanted to use him again after he did such a great job on my first GT4 and my buddy's Z06. Derek at Atlanta Protective Films. He's as highly recommended as they come.

I'm just glad there are several good choices for people to choose from if they do this delivery as well.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Your impressions of the Ceramic Brakes considering you had steel before?
I did drive PCCBs on the track and frankly it is really hard to get a sense of the brakes on such a small track. I could easily engage ABS on the two straight braking sections of the outer handling circuit, so I don't think braking power is even remotely an issue.

Pedal feel...given the PEC car had close to 4000 miles on it, the initial travel was a hair soft. Don't quote me on this but I don't think the PEC has ever had to replace PCCBs for wear on their cars. So I think for a guy like me 4-5 track days per year, the PCCBs will be perfect.

I will have more feedback on dust after the annual Dragon pilgrimage this weekend. As far as the unsprung weight...hard to tell with 40 miles on the car. I would say probably not noticeable as far as acceleration. They look so frickin' good on Sapphire Blue though... that has to be worth some dollar$.

I will be corner weighing the car as soon as I get it back from the wrap though...I expect this one to come in a good 40-50lbs less than my first car.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Look forward to it. Our cars are similarly spec'd.

And i agree with Sapphire and PCCB! Its a gorgeous look.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Considering the PEC is in Atlanta wouldn't it be better to just let Jean-Pierre with Detailed Designs handle the Clearbra needs? They have tons of experience in that department and would be a better choice then whoever the PEC contracted.
Who is this Jean-Pierre guy and why is he copying my business' name??!

Best regards,
Jean-Claude (lol)
Old 07-18-2016, 03:58 PM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure I looked right at you when I was taking delivery of mine lol. I came out side with John and he pointed at your car.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
Who is this Jean-Pierre guy and why is he copying my business' name??!

Best regards,
Jean-Claude (lol)
Haha sorry JC... Was typing that on my phone and had a brain fart moment.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:13 PM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Accel Junky

Yep..pretty sure that my car with the black cover. Haha. Priceless
Old 07-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rave426
I'm pretty sure I looked right at you when I was taking delivery of mine lol. I came out side with John and he pointed at your car.
That's too funny! I do recall now. I was taping up my car for the drive to APF.

How was your delivery experience?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:37 PM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
That's too funny! I do recall now. I was taping up my car for the drive to APF.

How was your delivery experience?

Haha. Yep. It was great man. I kinda wish I had a morning session so I could enjoy the time there a bit more, but I'll be back over. My favorite thing was the low friction course. I'll say that holding the GT4 on that skidpad was much more difficult than any car I've had before...not sure if it was because of the cup tires or the weight balance, but it took me a little while to find the balance point.

John was awesome and the food was refreshing. Great place.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rave426
Haha. Yep. It was great man. I kinda wish I had a morning session so I could enjoy the time there a bit more, but I'll be back over. My favorite thing was the low friction course. I'll say that holding the GT4 on that skidpad was much more difficult than any car I've had before...not sure if it was because of the cup tires or the weight balance, but it took me a little while to find the balance point.

John was awesome and the food was refreshing. Great place.
The morning session did work out fairly well in the sense that we could've stayed another few hours in the afternoon. I primarily opted for the morning session so that I could get the car to Roswell for the wrap before traffic hit but I forgot that Friday rush hour starts earrrrrly.

I love that you can ask to focus on whatever parts of the track you want and don't have to do a set program. I spent a lot of time on the outer handling circuit but I also liked the skid pad as well because I wanted to learn the balance of the chassis.

John did a great job but I feel bad because I was driving the circuit so aggressively that I kept taking out an apex cone which he had to pick up
Old 02-25-2018, 11:12 PM
eberg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking mine up at PEC tomorrow. Nice post.

Quick Reply: GT4 - PEC Atlanta Delivery Summary