Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Squeaking Noise From the Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 08:56 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Long story, but local dealership agreed to handle the repairs under warrant. After taking everything apart, they said it was the pressure plate (I think they had previously said it could be from worn fingers on the plate). Does this make sense with the sound heard in the video I posted? I've watched videos of how the pressure plate works, but still not sure how it would make a squeaking noise. I'm not questioning their diagnosis...just trying to expand my own knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Alex
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 365 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by aualexa2
Long story, but local dealership agreed to handle the repairs under warrant. After taking everything apart, they said it was the pressure plate (I think they had previously said it could be from worn fingers on the plate). Does this make sense with the sound heard in the video I posted? I've watched videos of how the pressure plate works, but still not sure how it would make a squeaking noise. I'm not questioning their diagnosis...just trying to expand my own knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Alex
I doubt it,but make sure they change everything while they're in there : throwout bearing,pressure plate,clutch disk,resurface or replace flywheel etc. Hopefully they will cover all these components,but if they don't,it's a very good idea that you pay for the rest while they're in there : and you'll be good for a long time!

Quick Reply: Squeaking Noise From the Clutch