Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Sound check - FAIL @ 100.7dB

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016 | 02:10 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FergusH
Also (and sorry if this is covered in another thread) how hard is it to drive at Laguna Seca with the standard GT4 exhaust and not exceed the sound limit?

Thanks.
I blew sound the first day I had the car there on the first warm up lap in the morning! You'd be OK in that parade they let the general public do once a year but the GT4 stock will not pass under any reasonable acceleration regardless of gear (well maybe 6th would be OK).

John at fabspeed had them make me some custom turn downs that are extended, turn up and to the left of the car. I know their setup is expensive but I like the larger CF street tips they offer anyway and the way the tips attach (can be changed at the track). If those open turn ups aren't enough I'll have some Vortex cones welded into them. I'm also going to get a GPS based PSE controller from doboarder once he get's his car and has those dialed in. I thought about custom Laguna pipes but in the end Tom was too busy and I worried about a custom unit messing up the stock tips or worse falling off on track!

Quick Reply: Sound check - FAIL @ 100.7dB