Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Vorsteiner | Porsche Cayman GT4 V-CS Build Biography

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

In the pictures the wing extenders seem to be gloss black. Are they gloss black or do they match the factory matte black?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Vorsteiner_info
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have them in (2) options

Standard Satin Black Aluminum and Gloss or Matte Carbon Fiber

Thanks

Originally Posted by drdonger
In the pictures the wing extenders seem to be gloss black. Are they gloss black or do they match the factory matte black?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:06 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 275 Posts

Perhaps the most practical reason to have these risers on a street car is not for the downforce but to regain vision out of the rear window
Old 06-23-2016, 03:08 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
Perhaps the most practical reason to have these risers on a street car is not for the downforce but to regain vision out of the rear window
You forget they're a hit at C&C too...
Old 06-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
The stock rear wing is low enough to not be an issue. My worry would be this extension actually puts the wing in a worse spot for long-range cop-watch visibility (like the GT3 wing).
Old 06-23-2016, 05:43 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
The stock rear wing is low enough to not be an issue. My worry would be this extension actually puts the wing in a worse spot for long-range cop-watch visibility (like the GT3 wing).
After driving with these on over the course of the past two months, I would agree on that but the added rear grip at higher speeds is a fair trade off
Old 06-23-2016, 07:02 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 275 Posts

So the wing risers makes it fun to drive fast while decreasing your ability to spot 5-0 in the rear mirror but then again the trade off is that it is a huge hit at C&C
Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 168 Posts

My question, is why would Porsche themselves not institute a higher spoiler for better aero? I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I track a lot - and .5 to 1 second can be due to many many things between runs and between cars - cars differ themselves.

I love your guys products, don't get me wrong. Hell, I was the first Vorsteiner kit on a McLaren 12C Spider in the US and it looked great. And I applaud you guys for track testing it, but hard for me to know if there's an actual improvement - and even worth it. Almost better to take that money - and pay for more tires and brake pads at the track.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:09 PM
SignatureJames
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

you do bring up good points on why Porsche OEM wouldn't have engineered things a certain way for optimal performance. But Porsche in the end is a consumer product. And not all Porsche consumers will be utilizing their vehicles for their inspired purposes. And I can say with track days, there can always be a lot of variables from just feeling more "on", tire, weather, etc. But I guess if I had to make an educated guess, the original designed wing riser heights was probably a compromise where it does improve aero and stability without overly being too tall and aggressive and effecting top end speed. If it was all about performance, why even sell PCM that adds weight or full leather? haha, it is the same philosophy. It still is a consumer vehicle and with the price tag, in the luxury catalog. Not every person who buys a GT4 is a spirited driver. There are a lot of owners that just like to do hard straightaways down the street and never take a hard turn past 2nd gear...

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
My question, is why would Porsche themselves not institute a higher spoiler for better aero? I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I track a lot - and .5 to 1 second can be due to many many things between runs and between cars - cars differ themselves.

I love your guys products, don't get me wrong. Hell, I was the first Vorsteiner kit on a McLaren 12C Spider in the US and it looked great. And I applaud you guys for track testing it, but hard for me to know if there's an actual improvement - and even worth it. Almost better to take that money - and pay for more tires and brake pads at the track.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:35 PM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
After driving with these on over the course of the past two months, I would agree on that but the added rear grip at higher speeds is a fair trade off
Do you really notice added rear end grip? Have you been on track with it yet?
Old 06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

It looks slightly ghetto for the amount of $ you are investing.. 1 piece would be much cleaner.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:18 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by fastauto
Do you really notice added rear end grip? Have you been on track with it yet?
I have tracked my car, and want to believe that it helped but I cannot truthfully quantify it. For all I know, it could have been a complete placebo, but going into Nascar 2 at Autoclub Speedway at with about 140 MPH entry speed did feel solid. Again, that could have entirely played more into the hands of the Alignment that I have on my car but basic laws of aerodynamics at those speeds would dictate a positive amount of downforce over the rear axle (not sure what the negative repercussions would be on the front without any compensation).
Old 07-03-2016, 11:05 AM
jslee225
Racer

Any update on the development of the front PLASTIC aero piece that is supposed to offset the downforce from the risers?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:14 AM
inactiveuser726
Advanced

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
I have tracked my car, and want to believe that it helped but I cannot truthfully quantify it. For all I know, it could have been a complete placebo, but going into Nascar 2 at Autoclub Speedway at with about 140 MPH entry speed did feel solid. Again, that could have entirely played more into the hands of the Alignment that I have on my car but basic laws of aerodynamics at those speeds would dictate a positive amount of downforce over the rear axle (not sure what the negative repercussions would be on the front without any compensation).
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:56 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Stay tuned for Porsches FIA GT4 Spec upgrades........especially the rear wing change...... :-)

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner | Porsche Cayman GT4 V-CS Build Biography