GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Looking for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016 | 07:10 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Ha. Anything that starts with a GT. Still hoping for an rs and started waiting for the GT2 or whatever comes next.
Old 04-16-2016 | 09:03 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Hey thanks Jeff for all the info offline. Sounds like it could be the one. I'll stay tuned just tell me what ya need.

Cheers,
Tony

Originally Posted by jlee504
Ha. Anything that starts with a GT. Still hoping for an rs and started waiting for the GT2 or whatever comes next.
Old 04-16-2016 | 09:23 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlee504
You mean anything that starts with a GT that doesn't end with a 4.

No love for GT4.😰
Old 04-16-2016 | 09:56 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by konaforever
You mean anything that starts with a GT that doesn't end with a 4.

No love for GT4.😰
Old 04-17-2016 | 12:30 AM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by myBailey07
X = # of people that got in game early and got allocations at MSRP.
Y = # of people late to party and got cars at MSRP
Z = # of people late to party and had to pay over MSRP
You forgot the ones that paid under MSRP....
Old 04-17-2016 | 01:09 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by otisdog
Surely there wouldn't be many if any at all.
Old 04-17-2016 | 03:10 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Wow, quite a few available!

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
Ok, after assessing the emails, and cars. I think I nearly have every color, and several of same.

Look, every guy seems nice, but I'm going to shut down the thread. Too many others points in others threads. Many cars available to buy. Thats not the problem anymore.

Here is the scenario(s).
* A couple random, contact this dealer, tell them Jonny sent you. Those dealers still charging 15-20k over MSRP.....= no thanks!
* A more than few, I bought it for this, did a few upgrades (Exel). I don't want any profit, just pay me for what I have in it...MSRP+options added+taxes+tags....= hmm see below Option A.
* A couple private sellers willing to sell their allocation. Essentially an already spec car at MSRP+$$ over MSRP. Dealer signs over car to you, so your first buyer on title. Original buyer gets profit, you get essentially new car...= hmm see below Option B.
* 1 car is black, only color I don't want. No disrespect. I have 5 kids, no time to shine. Wish I did.

Option A, the situation of buying someones used GT4 with 500 to 1500 miles at MSRP + added options + someones taxes, tags, title...usually puts the car around $9k-10k over MSRP anyhoo. Yes, I get the added options (not of my choosing) but I also get the miles and 2nd owner status.

Option B, of paying a private seller for their allocation as 1st time buyer, I pay potentially MSRP or MSRP+$5k or MSRP+$10k. I'm the first person on title, 0 miles other than my own.

If I buy today, I'm going with option B. If I'm paying over MSRP, I want 0 miles, 1st owner. Sure I'm still paying over but it feels better than paying someones elses miles, taxes, tags, and aftermarket options. However, I would do Option A, if I found that PTS dream car, probably pay even more. So, I have a plan just need to figure it out.

Thanks all! Very educational and hope to be driving one soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Perimeter; 04-17-2016 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2016 | 03:27 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Default Taxes, NONE on PVT Party sales in AZ

They way I understand this, almost every car being presented to you is registered, meaning your purchase is a Private Party Sale.

Private Party Sales are not taxed in the State of Arizona and you only need a valid driver's license from ANY State, not just AZ (they love snowbirds).
In some States, like WA State, if you own the car outside the State for 90 days it is classified as only a title transfer, no taxes involved.

Arizona Desert Tag & Title only charged me $15 and in just 15 mins I walked out with everything; AZ Plate, Registration, Title and tabs - nothing was ever needed to be mailed to me.
I got a guy who is very well versed in traversing these waters and does it daily if you're interested

Originally Posted by Selo
So, if I understand correctly, Tony hasn't found a single car available either new at straight msrp, or used and for a slightly depreciated value

without paying for taxes, add-ons, etc.

This is disappointing insofar as it seems as if I've seen lots of claims for sale at msrp, which means these are bs ads that really are looking to tack on profit, one way or another. Of course, only for what they have in it!
Old 04-17-2016 | 12:33 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
They way I understand this, almost every car being presented to you is registered, meaning your purchase is a Private Party Sale. Private Party Sales are not taxed in the State of Arizona and you only need a valid driver's license from ANY State, not just AZ (they love snowbirds). In some States, like WA State, if you own the car outside the State for 90 days it is classified as only a title transfer, no taxes involved. Arizona Desert Tag & Title only charged me $15 and in just 15 mins I walked out with everything; AZ Plate, Registration, Title and tabs - nothing was ever needed to be mailed to me. I got a guy who is very well versed in traversing these waters and does it daily if you're interested
Doesn't work in California

Lots of GT4s for sale I guess - wonder why?
Old 04-17-2016 | 12:34 PM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by James88
Surely there wouldn't be many if any at all.
I know of two...
Old 04-17-2016 | 01:20 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Default I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Doesn't work in California
Lots of GT4s for sale I guess - wonder why?
You are absolutely correct and is exactly why I described my personal situation.
Probably should make it clear that CA does NOT give tax offset credit on trade ins...no matter what the purchase deal is you will pay full sales tax on the purchase.

IMHO, CA is completely unreasonable and these moves only penalize dealers as there is no motivation for a trade in.
Old 04-17-2016 | 02:37 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Originally Posted by otisdog
HAHA! You're right.

A = # of people that paid under MSRP.
A -> 0

Old 04-24-2016 | 01:47 AM
Tony.CO
Racer

Still looking as my leads have fallen through.

Many contact this SA, new one at MSRP. I call and car is sold, but always seem to get offered a used one at a big markup.

I have emailed a few RL, with PTS cars I have loved the color. Not ready to sell...yet...

All good, I'll find mine. Bumpity Bump
Old 04-24-2016 | 02:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
Still looking as my leads have fallen through. Many contact this SA, new one at MSRP. I call and car is sold, but always seem to get offered a used one at a big markup. I have emailed a few RL, with PTS cars I have loved the color. Not ready to sell...yet... All good, I'll find mine. Bumpity Bump
Tony that guy told me his buyer is out of town. I insisted he stop teasing and take down the listing...
Old 04-24-2016 | 03:32 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Sapphire Blue of any interest?

Quick Reply: Looking for GT4