Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016 | 07:52 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vintage72
BLACK is beautiful!
Black...

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
I'm in the market for a GT4. I have had some luck doing this on other Porsches. Never know.

I would prefer a PTS, but open to any color other than black! Favorite standard color is red. Everything else is open for consideration, just depends on the car.

No, not hard up for a GT4. Not going to pay crazy over MSRP $$.

Bought many Porsches, from Rennlisters. I prefer that over dealer, but its all good assuming dealer is gouging. Please PM me!

Thanks!
Tony
You in CO? Colorado Springs has a SB one. 981 owner selling it. Was there today. I think its a bit over MSRP.
Old 04-15-2016 | 08:38 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Hey guys,

Well, I received 11 cars for potential sale. I'm trying to work my way thru them this weekend. Different colors, some crazy prices, others more realistic. No worries there, people can ask whatever they want for their car.

Sorry, black is gorgeous! I just had it on a 993TT but I can't do it again. To much upkeep.

Yes, I'm in Colorado, suburb of Boulder actually. I will take a look at the SB one.

Thanks!
Tony

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Black...

You in CO? Colorado Springs has a SB one. 981 owner selling it. Was there today. I think its a bit over MSRP.
Old 04-15-2016 | 09:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Me love Black but CR better. My 991.2 GT3 will be yellow and will try to PTS Signal Yellew but after that Iwill go black again

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 04-16-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-15-2016 | 10:13 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Ok, after assessing the emails, and cars. I think I nearly have every color, and several of same.

Look, every guy seems nice, but I'm going to shut down the thread. Too many others points in others threads. Many cars available to buy. Thats not the problem anymore.

Here is the scenario(s).
* A couple random, contact this dealer, tell them Jonny sent you. Those dealers still charging 15-20k over MSRP.....= no thanks!
* A more than few, I bought it for this, did a few upgrades (Exel). I don't want any profit, just pay me for what I have in it...MSRP+options added+taxes+tags....= hmm see below Option A.
* A couple private sellers willing to sell their allocation. Essentially an already spec car at MSRP+$$ over MSRP. Dealer signs over car to you, so your first buyer on title. Original buyer gets profit, you get essentially new car...= hmm see below Option B.
* 1 car is black, only color I don't want. No disrespect. I have 5 kids, no time to shine. Wish I did.

Option A, the situation of buying someones used GT4 with 500 to 1500 miles at MSRP + added options + someones taxes, tags, title...usually puts the car around $9k-10k over MSRP anyhoo. Yes, I get the added options (not of my choosing) but I also get the miles and 2nd owner status.

Option B, of paying a private seller for their allocation as 1st time buyer, I pay potentially MSRP or MSRP+$5k or MSRP+$10k. I'm the first person on title, 0 miles other than my own.

If I buy today, I'm going with option B. If I'm paying over MSRP, I want 0 miles, 1st owner. Sure I'm still paying over but it feels better than paying someones elses miles, taxes, tags, and aftermarket options. However, I would do Option A, if I found that PTS dream car, probably pay even more. So, I have a plan just need to figure it out.

Thanks all! Very educational and hope to be driving one soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony.CO; 04-15-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2016 | 11:48 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
Ok, after assessing the emails, and cars. I think I nearly have every color, and several of same.

Look, every guy seems nice, but I'm going to shut down the thread. Too many others points in others threads. Many cars available to buy. Thats not the problem anymore.

Here is the scenario(s).
* A couple random, contact this dealer, tell them Jonny sent you. Those dealers still charging 15-20k over MSRP.....= no thanks!
* A more than few, I bought it for this, did a few upgrades (Exel). I don't want any profit, just pay me for what I have in it...MSRP+options added+taxes+tags....= hmm see below Option A.
* A couple private sellers willing to sell their allocation. Essentially an already spec car at MSRP+$$ over MSRP. Dealer signs over car to you, so your first buyer on title. Original buyer gets profit, you get essentially new car...= hmm see below Option B.
* 1 car is black, only color I don't want. No disrespect. I have 5 kids, no time to shine. Wish I did.

Option A, the situation of buying someones used GT4 with 500 to 1500 miles at MSRP + added options + someones taxes, tags, title...usually puts the car around $9k-10k over MSRP anyhoo. Yes, I get the added options (not of my choosing) but I also get the miles and 2nd owner status.

Option B, of paying a private seller for their allocation as 1st time buyer, I pay potentially MSRP or MSRP+$5k or MSRP+$10k. I'm the first person on title, 0 miles other than my own.

If I buy today, I'm going with option B. If I'm paying over MSRP, I want 0 miles, 1st owner. Sure I'm still paying over but it feels better than paying someones elses miles, taxes, tags, and aftermarket options. However, I would do Option A, if I found that PTS dream car, probably pay even more. So, I have a plan just need to figure it out.

Thanks all! Very educational and hope to be driving one soon.

Cheers,
Tony
I know Stevinson in Denver has a black car with pccb. It's not listed on their site but worth a call if you have any interest.
Old 04-16-2016 | 12:05 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

So, if I understand correctly, Tony hasn't found a single car available either new at straight msrp, or used and for a slightly depreciated value without paying for taxes, add-ons, etc.
This is disappointing insofar as it seems as if I've seen lots of claims for sale at msrp, which means these are bs ads that really are looking to tack on profit, one way or another. Of course, only for what they have in it!
Old 04-16-2016 | 01:09 AM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Good feedback about what is out there.
Old 04-16-2016 | 10:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

It is a very good assessment but welcome to reality. This is a very sought after car that it will be over another 2 years(maybe longer - 2019) before you see the next iteration. Figure less than 2000 of these will be here in the US. Spring is here and demand will only increase as more of these are seen on the road and the glowing reviews continue to circulate. Also, this car in no track slouch and probably not such an expensive track option for those with $250,000 plus cars that they do not want to beat up on the track.
Old 04-16-2016 | 02:34 PM
myBailey07
Pro

X = # of people that got in game early and got allocations at MSRP.
Y = # of people late to party and got cars at MSRP
Z = # of people late to party and had to pay over MSRP

Methinks Z>Y while Y = pretty small. You just can't tell as Y loudly proclaims the fact , while Z hides behind the wall

But, in the words of my hero, Dennis Miller: "That is just my opinion and I might be wrong..."

BTW, I am Z...
Old 04-16-2016 | 03:08 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Buteo
I know Stevinson in Denver has a black car with pccb. It's not listed on their site but worth a call if you have any interest.
Did you miss that he doesn't want a black car.

@ Tony

GL in your search. But you can't blame people wanting to get some of their add-on costs (Xpel, Suntek, etc) back - which can easily approach $4k+ depending on location. Not every state allows for a tax deduction - which again can add $10k+ depending on location.
I think the only way you can get that reduced if you find a desperate seller in need of immediate cash flow

or

a divorce situation to nail someone

Old 04-16-2016 | 03:35 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ExMB
Did you miss that he doesn't want a black car.

@ Tony

GL in your search. But you can't blame people wanting to get some of their add-on costs (Xpel, Suntek, etc) back - which can easily approach $4k+ depending on location. Not every state allows for a tax deduction - which again can add $10k+ depending on location.
I think the only way you can get that reduced if you find a desperate seller in need of immediate cash flow

or

a divorce situation to nail someone

No, I saw it. But he lives in Boulder and Stevinson in Denver is only 30 mins away. Worth a drive just to see one in person.
Old 04-16-2016 | 05:28 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
It is a very good assessment but welcome to reality. This is a very sought after car that it will be over another 2 years(maybe longer - 2019) before you see the next iteration. Figure less than 2000 of these will be here in the US. Spring is here and demand will only increase as more of these are seen on the road and the glowing reviews continue to circulate. Also, this car in no track slouch and probably not such an expensive track option for those with $250,000 plus cars that they do not want to beat up on the track.
Im asking for what i have invested. yes it's over msrp, but it's available today with 200 miles on it. The dealer still has to detail it. If I'm gonna take msrp or perhaps slightly less, I might as well continue the break in and enjoy the car at a few hpde. FWIW, I'd consider partial trade of an air cooled coupe 87 or newer.

Last edited by nowata; 04-16-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2016 | 06:27 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

I have an incoming car. I may want to hand it over to someone. I just want to talk to the dealer and see if they will care, I'm on their list for other stuff and don't want to jeopardize my place in line.

Will know in a couple of days. Car will be here at the end of May. Not seeking any profit

Jeff
Old 04-16-2016 | 06:39 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

That would be awesome Jeff, yes please keep me posted as I am in the hunt for sure.

Also, I couldn't agree with the comments above more. This is the reality of the situation, and I'm ok with it. No hard feelings at all with the sellers, this is a sought after car and they can ask what they want. All is good, no negative feelings on my side.

I do hope to get lucky and I will keep looking for that right one!!

Cheers,
Tony

Originally Posted by jlee504
I have an incoming car. I may want to hand it over to someone. I just want to talk to the dealer and see if they will care, I'm on their list for other stuff and don't want to jeopardize my place in line.

Will know in a couple of days. Car will be here at the end of May. Not seeking any profit

Jeff
Old 04-16-2016 | 06:48 PM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Jeff just curious what else you have your name in for future cars? Wondering if they are similar to mine 👍🏼

Quick Reply: Looking for GT4