Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Ring Chase: GT4 vs Aventador SV (from F80 M3 ringtaxi PoV)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
The GT4 sounded absolutely amazing from inside the cabin, I wonder if this has the stock exhaust.
Cant wait for mine to arrive.
probably stock, it does sound that good
Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
+1, especially where the camera is positioned (right by the engine) it picks up the sound well!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:38 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Arh, this isn't going to help my 3 to 4 month wait.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:07 PM
hadokenny
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
This.

Downshifted going through a tunnel this morning.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by hadokenny
This.

Downshifted going through a tunnel this morning.

ha ha.
I downshift under a double bridge every day.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
They were going quick, about an 8:00 bridge to gantry, but the cars are all capable of much faster laps. 8:00 is still fast enough to be fun to watch!

For reference, Captain Unknown, who's on this board, can do a 7:30 (BtG)!

Porsche Cayman GT4 Stock Car 7.30 BTG Nurburgring 2 Laps gps speed, Captain Unknown (Gaute) driver! - YouTube
Holy hell! 7:30??? On a bone stock GT4!?

That is SICK fast. Am I missing something??? Wasn't Porsche's "officially" reported time "only" 7:40? You would think that would be with the fastest possible build and the fastest possible driver, and someone here beat it by TEN FREAKING SECONDS!???

EDIT: OK just watched the video. I guess that time is without that section on the last straight... don't I feel silly. Still impressive, though.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Radiantm3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3

That is SICK fast. Am I missing something??? Wasn't Porsche's "officially" reported time "only" 7:40? You would think that would be with the fastest possible build and the fastest possible driver, and someone here beat it by TEN FREAKING SECONDS!???

EDIT: OK just watched the video. I guess that time is without that section on the last straight... don't I feel silly. Still impressive, though.
BTG = Bridge to Gantry. You can add about 30 seconds or so for a complete lap (just a rough estimate). BTG is the only section of the track where you can go all out on a tourist day. The main straight is used for cooling down the car and then you exit the track.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

F80 M3s are no joke.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
F80 M3s are no joke.
agreed - the motor pulls hard!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Radiantm3
BTG = Bridge to Gantry. You can add about 30 seconds or so for a complete lap (just a rough estimate).
More like 20.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3

As mentioned above, you add about 20 seconds to convert a BTG lap to a full lap. (20 = 25-5, 25 for the straight not driven on a BTG, but subtract 5 because you're going slower under the bridge when you start a BTG lap)

So, yes, an enthusiast in a street GT4 did the equivalent of a 7:50. Still quite the accomplishment since it's on a tourist day, achieved by a talented mortal!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for mentioned my lap. Not coming with excuses here, but my Captain gt4 is stock. Its only -2 front and -1.6 rear camber. This mean you will have a very big challenge to put in a fast lap on Nur in this setting. As you only got one shot to do it, and thats on the first lap when you accelerate out of pit. Next lap tires get very much bad and you would not make it. As well you loose ca. 2 seconds when accelerating down to bridge starting point in a gt4 vs coming in a full vmax speed (265 km h) on the next lap under bridge starting point.

Other than that, I was on speedlimit, hence i choose to be under this as I did not want to risk get a bann and be thrown out of event not drivning any more. Delta In a GT4 is ca. 3 seconds if you keep under limit on the 3 spots on track. Mind you, not all will use their GT4 to gain those 3 sec if no limit. But a solid driver will do it.
Next Is my GT4 Is 50kg more than Porsche and sport auto GT4, a few seconds right there as well. Anyway, If looking past this I was happy at the time being ca.10 sec slower than Porsche factory time, and ca. 7 slower than sport auto. They had no speed limits on track by the way. Anyway, this year 2016 all speed limits are gone. Meaning with a propper setup( changing parts on car, making it not stock) I see my selve pretty easy to cut 5 seconds on the first few laps this year. To take the next 5, That very much harder but not impossibel.

Last edited by Nur93; 04-09-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Radiantm3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yargk
More like 20.
Well it depends on the car. Wasn't sure what the delta is on a GT4.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Just to mention it. When converting a btg lap to sport auto lap. Just add the time your car drive gantry-bridge(when you are drivning your car that is, remember if you use 25 sec for long straight gantry-bridge in gt4, thats a very well driven gt4! ), thats döttinger long straight section wich is not driven on touristfharen laps. Remember sport auto do not drive ca. 200m on section T13 old Pit, so you must take out the time it take your car to drive those 200m.

See any sport auto video and you notice they drive full track except them 200m. Remember touristfharen btg laps drive full track except gantry-bridge. (Long straight)

Many converting btg laptimes to sport auto lap forget to take out these 200m(time).

So in a gt4 8.30 btg lap you + ca. 25 seconds For long straight (gantry-bridge) =8.55min -5 seconds For ca. 200m on t13=8.50min full sport auto lap/or Porsche Factory lap if you like(its same lap). See any sport auto lap to see time from gantry-bridge( long straight)
As well notice when sport auto/or bmw m4 GTS Factory lap timing start at T13 and end on T13, the section in between is ap 200m not driven by them, but driven by touristfharen laps and it take a well driven gt4 ca. 5 seconds to cover these ca. 200m slightly upphill.

There is also one factor more. If you accelerate from main Pit going For a btg lap no matter if on touristfharen lapday or full lap trackday you will lose ca. 2 seconds vs if you time a btg lap on a full speed flyer.
A gt4 hit Vmax of ca 265 on long straight and then you go under btg bridge starting point For btg laps at 250km h +. Accelerating out from main Pit on a btg timed lap you hit ap 170km h + when going under bridge btg starting point. (Thats ca. 2seconds slower). Remember this do not apply to all gt4:s driven, as its scary to go 265 Vmax in a gt4 on long straight as its accually not straight. You are turning left and in these speeds it feels like a sharp left. But if you are comited to the gaspedal in gt4 here you could gain 2 seconds vs accelerating out of pit in your gt4 when on a timed btg lap.

Last edited by Nur93; 04-10-2016 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Just to mention it. When converting a btg lap to sport auto lap. Just add the time your car drive gantry-bridge, thats döttinger long straight section wich is not driven on touristfharen laps. Remember sport auto do not drive ca. 200m on section T13 old Pit, so you must take out the time it take your car to drive those 200m.

See any sport auto video and you notice they drive full track except them 200m. Remember touristfharen btg laps drive full track except gantry-bridge. (Long straight)

Many converting btg laptimes to sport auto lap forget to take out these 200m(time).

So in a gt4 8.30 btg lap you + ca. 25 seconds For long straight (gantry-bridge) =8.55min -5 seconds For t13=8.50min full sport auto lap/or Porsche Factory lap if you like(its same lap). See any sport auto lap to see time from gantry-bridge( long straight)
As well notice when sport auto/or bmw m4 GTS Factory lap timing start at T13 and end on T13, the section in between is ap 200m not driven by them, but driven by touristfharen laps and it take a gt4 5 seconds to cover these ca. 200m slightly upphill.

There is also one factor more. If you accelerate from main Pit going For a btg lap no matter if on touristfharen lapday or full lap trackday you will lose ca. 2 seconds vs if you time a btg lap on a full speed flyer.
A gt4 hit Vmax of ca 265 on long straight and then you go under btg bridge starting point For btg laps at 250km h +. Accelerating out from main Pit on a btg timed lap you hit ap 170km h + when going under bridge btg starting point. (Thats ca. 2seconds slower). Remember this do not apply to all gt4:s driven, as its scary to go 265 Vmax in a gt4 on long straight as its accually not straight. You are turning left and in these speeds it feels like a sharp left. But if you are comited to the gaspedal in gt4 here you could gain 2 seconds vs accelerating out of pit in your gt4 when on a timed btg lap.

Quick Reply: Ring Chase: GT4 vs Aventador SV (from F80 M3 ringtaxi PoV)