Sponsored by: APR

LWB seats protection padding

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
What " wiggle room " ?! If you call that company now without mentioning a group buy and say you want a couple of pieces it's 579$. If you mention the group buy it's 549$. Simple as that! 30$ discount. Let that be clear! Why is everyone hiding and not calling things how they are without the fear of being political incorrect? It's total BS,that's what it is!
My dear grandma,still among us at 92 years of age,has an old feet and belt driven Singer sewing machine that can make those stitching for God's sake!
Sometimes,one must appreciate what something is worth and what isn't...for those that think it's worth it,go right ahead,no judgement on my part...
But I'm personally not afraid to speak out and I certainly don't care if I'm labeled as being cheap.
I'm out!
I respect what you have conveyed. No doubt I think it is freakin expensive. I am not afraid to admit it. But - if that is the best they can offer then I have a decision to make on if at "X" price it is worth it. Sort of like the Akrapovic exhaust. Who the heck would spend over $7000 on an aftermarket exhaust??- I be there will be more than a couple(not me though)
Old 03-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

I have these on my Recaro Pole Positions... wonder if they'll work on my LWBS.

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1398
Old 03-31-2016, 01:06 PM
rxnut
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
Hi guys,

As you can imagine if been getting slammed with PM's and am doing my best to get back to each one of you individually. Pricing will be about $549 for the pair. At the moment im just waiting to get all of the data consolidated into a master spread sheet and I will update this thread with lead time once I have gotten everything over to Frank.

Thanks for your patience.
At this price, I will also need protective padding for these Exclusive Seat Bolster Protectors. Point being, I think I need an expendable solution - these are so dear I'd worry about scratching them.

Arya, thank you for organizing the GB, but I'm out unless the price drops.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:32 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rxnut
At this price, I will also need protective padding for these Exclusive Seat Bolster Protectors. Point being, I think I need an expendable solution - these are so dear I'd worry about scratching them.
Sorry, not to pile on but this on is a killer
Old 03-31-2016, 01:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Are they made in garnet red to fit the Spyder Classic interior?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Alex u kill me
As PT Barnum said .......
Old 03-31-2016, 02:19 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 641 Posts

I am no longer interested for a variety of reasons.

Cross me off the list.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:01 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I am no longer interested for a variety of reasons.

Cross me off the list.
Dully noted. Thanks for your initial Interest.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:08 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Hi Friends,

I have finally gotten around to consolidating all of the information which you guys have provided me, so we are good to go! Again, thank you all for your patience as I myself have been slammed after having recently quit my corporate gig to start my own business. Im also working on debuting both of my recent builds at Festival of Speed so things have been a bit crazy.

I will be sending these inquiries to Frank and will await for him to get back to me with a realistic lead time on when you guys can expect product. As you can imagine with all of the interest, these won't be an overnight deliverable, but surely worth the patience as the quality will speak for itself.

If you guys have questions, I'd be happy to help where I can but would prefer if you guys dealt with Exclusive Option directly. I will have to apologize beforehand if I don't respond immediately as I have just completed my Series A and will need to get cracking to stay on schedule.

I will speak to him today, and try and see if I can wiggle a little on pricing for you guys but I cant promise anything....

-Arya
Old 03-31-2016, 03:47 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Hi Alex,

Im sure Frank can accommodate that. Feel free to shoot me a PM if youd like me to assist.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

^How do you get a hold of them??
Old 03-31-2016, 03:59 PM
RENN GTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^How do you get a hold of them??
Hi Jim,

I think the best bet at the moment is info@exlusiveoption.com

Like I said, I'd be happy to help, but please be patient with me as Im incredibly slammed.

I was inclined to help out on this group buy more or less because:

A. I know Franks preposterous attention to detail is unparalleled
B. These bolsters get pretty effed up pretty fast!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:06 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's going to be competition in the bolster protection market. In the 911r thread, vorsteinerna stated that they're developing a protector. I'll wait to see what price we end up getting from both vendors, and if all else fails, I'll just get the recaro covers.

I'm becoming less worried about this, observing my wife become more elegant than me getting in and out of the seats. Now, my technique is seat all the way back, inside hand on the pass through armrest, inside foot in the car, outside hand on the door sill, and almost no rubbing. Then do the hokie pokie and turn the revs about, that's what it's all about.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
There's going to be competition in the bolster protection market. In the 911r thread, vorsteinerna stated that they're developing a protector. I'll wait to see what price we end up getting from both vendors, and if all else fails, I'll just get the recaro covers.

I'm becoming less worried about this, observing my wife become more elegant than me getting in and out of the seats. Now, my technique is seat all the way back, inside hand on the pass through armrest, inside foot in the car, outside hand on the door sill, and almost no rubbing. Then do the hokie pokie and turn the revs about, that's what it's all about.
I have used this same technique on my GT2 LWB's and in the fives years I have owned the seats have not caused any scuffing. Granted I do have a set of bolster protectors that a fellow rennlister made years ago but they are primarily there to protect the passenger seat and the mechanics which haven't a clue how to get into/out of the car. Another bit of advice for those of you that haven't done it yet, get your door sills protected with a clear bra asap. You will thank me the first time you bring your car in for service. The clear bra on mine is shot after 5 years, again mechanics which haven't a clue how to get into or out of the seats.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:03 AM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default NEW EXCLUSIVE OPTION -Full Leather Stitched GT4/GT3/RS/918 LWB Seat Bolster Protector

I would like to introduce myself here on Rennlist now that we are a forum sponsor. I am Frank @ Exclusive Option, we specialize in modular fine leather options for your Porsche. Many of you on this forum have ordered from us before. Our standard of craftsmanship has been described as OEM-like, our line of leather parts are usually indistinguishable from options added at the factory.

One of our recent special projects are the development of these Full Leather LWB Seat Bolster Protectors (posted in the pics at the beginning of the thread with the matching deviated stitching). Many of our customers complained about premature bolster wear from the Leer supplied 918 style LWBs. So we developed a solution.

Website Reference - http://shop.exclusiveoption.com/918-...18-918LWBP.htm

After several months of R&D we are now proud to offer them to the Rennlist community. Thank you for the patience of those who have inquired and waited, now that we are board sponsors, we are pleased to answer any questions. Many members have already ordered and are awaiting delivery.

They may be a bit pricier than other solutions, but taking into consideration the quality materials used and meticulous handmade nature, I believe most will be very impressed with the finished installed product. For those who wish to protect the bolsters while looking 99% OEM this is the only viable solution out there.

Our Protectors follow the original stitch pattern and LWB design. The leather and stitching is a perfect factory match depending on what color stitch option you have. The Protectors install easily within minutes with a series of Velcro straps (no permanent modification necessary). At many dealers, events and shows people don’t even notice that these are covers as they integrate into the existing seat design so nicely. Even the seat height adjustment is easily accessible.

Each set of GT4/GT3/RS/918 LWB Seat Bolster Protectors (Driver and Passenger Side Outer 2 pc.) are handmade from matching Leather and thread, featuring a precise tailored fitment. We are currently offering Rennlist members a special discounted price. If I have not reached out to you individually, please send me a PM.

This product will protect against surface scratches and wearing down of the entire outer bolster leather and surface dye. These covers will NOT eliminate wrinkles completely, as the original seat foam is still being compressed when used.

If you have seen our protectors in person, especially at our recent display at the California Festival of Speed, please feel free to comment. Thank you. I am looking forward to provide quality leather products and services to the Rennlist Community.
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: LWB seats protection padding