Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

To GT4 Owners: How long did it take from 'Enter Body Shop' to 'Dealer Inventory'

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:19 PM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4WaitClubKing
2Wheelsrbetter, thank you for your information. Hope you are enjoying your GT4
Thank you! I love it but have only driven it 6 miles so far - from the dealer straight to the PPF installer. Been going crazy waiting. He just called and said it'll be done this evening. So excited!

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Congrats to you, and I'm sure it'll be exciting when it finally is in your garage! I've visited mine twice so far. First time just to check it out. Second time it had paint correction, Xpel completed, Opticoat completed, cage almost completed, harnesses had initial install (and we worked a bit on fitment and more adjustment is needed). Now the suspension work must be done, windshield protection applied and window tint.

The installer put on the windshield protection (I believe it's Clearplex) but there was a problem with the adhesive so it was removed and will be redone.

I'm hoping for pick up this week - maybe Tue/Wed? Just don't know and I'm fine with waiting.
What did you have wrapped? I did the front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, a-pillars, front 7" of the roof, rocker panels including intake scoops and front side of rear fender, & bumper from immediately back of the rear fenders.

I admire your patience. I think I recall seeing you've waited since 02/2015?
Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,472 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
What did you have wrapped? I did the front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, a-pillars, front 7" of the roof, rocker panels including intake scoops and front side of rear fender, & bumper from immediately back of the rear fenders.

I admire your patience. I think I recall seeing you've waited since 02/2015?
i think we've wrapped the same parts. The only parts I did behind the rear wheels is the strip right behind rear wheels. No rear bumper. But everything else you mentioned Ive done too.

Quick Reply: To GT4 Owners: How long did it take from 'Enter Body Shop' to 'Dealer Inventory'