Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jenner
Bolt is 17mm
Thanks! Now for the OCD among us, just need the torque spec
Old 06-11-2016 | 07:11 PM
rsms
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jenner
The seats all have airbags in them. When you replace any Porsche seat with a race seat for example the dealer (or someone with PWIZ) has to code them out.

From the same page that your graphic came from:
"An integral thorax airbag is located in the outer side bolster of each seat, while the door panels each contain an upwards-inflating head airbag."

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...afety/airbags/
I'm not so sure about that. The picture shows the standard seats which definitely do have airbags in the sides. This is also true for the pre P11 bucket seats.

Looking at my own P11 buckets, there's no airbag logos or anything indicating there's any airbags. Also, there's very little "meat" on the side of the seats.
Old 06-11-2016 | 08:11 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rsms
I'm not so sure about that. The picture shows the standard seats which definitely do have airbags in the sides. This is also true for the pre P11 bucket seats.

Looking at my own P11 buckets, there's no airbag logos or anything indicating there's any airbags. Also, there's very little "meat" on the side of the seats.
Guess you need to go look again:

I accept your apology
Old 06-11-2016 | 09:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

It just seems to be that the belt gets really bound up with the lateral route it needs to take no? Been wanting to try this also in the upper slot because the red leather is starting to get shiny where belt touches... But it seems like it would angle the belt badly... I'll try it tonight

Quick Reply: Seat belt rubbing into seat