Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

HRE Wheels | RC103's installed on a Sapphire Blue Porsche GT4!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default HRE Wheels | RC103's installed on a Sapphire Blue Porsche GT4!

We grabbed a few shots of a Porsche Cayman GT4 with HRE RC103 Wheels in satin black!

Updated photos on post #31!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by HRE_Jurrian; 03-30-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:45 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 65 Posts

wow.... specs?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:01 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cox1974
wow.... specs?
20x8.5 and 20x11 in Satin Black.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:30 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, but man the wheels on this car are just too damn big... That would look so much better IMO with about an inch less wheel and an inch more tire.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

By the way and not to high jack this thread - but since I saw the Akrapovic on the license plate- have they released there Sport exhaust for the GT4?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:22 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the offsets? Any rubbing--it looks very close.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Looks good, but man the wheels on this car are just too damn big... That would look so much better IMO with about an inch less wheel and an inch more tire.
+100. For what HRE charges for wheels it's embarrassing that they yet to R&D/ test fit a car for 19" wheels. All they do is keep posting these 20" wheels.

This is of course my opinion, but I'm just a shmuck who somehow seems to already know what 19" sizes fit, and yet a wheel company does not...

Later this month I'll post pics of my 19" wheel setup that will prove that a 10-10.5" rear wheel is the way to go. Easily fits a 285-295 tire.....this obsession with an 11" wheel on this car is ridiculous. Even the factory race car is using a 10.5" rear wheel. Get with it wheel companies......
Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by fishing
What are the offsets? Any rubbing--it looks very close.
From the pics posted and compared (via memory) to all the others pics on here (from them or others) my WAG is that the offset is 50 F & R on those. Based on that you might experience rubbing under compression while on track. See MyBailey07s posts on here with his experience with that offset on track.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:23 AM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
+100. For what HRE charges for wheels it's embarrassing that they yet to R&D/ test fit a car for 19" wheels. All they do is keep posting these 20" wheels.

This is of course my opinion, but I'm just a shmuck who somehow seems to already know what 19" sizes fit, and yet a wheel company does not...

Later this month I'll post pics of my 19" wheel setup that will prove that a 10-10.5" rear wheel is the way to go. Easily fits a 285-295 tire.....this obsession with an 11" wheel on this car is ridiculous. Even the factory race car is using a 10.5" rear wheel. Get with it wheel companies......
I'd definitely be interested in learning more about your setup. Diameter, width, offset, tire sizes you used to maintain the same ground clearance, etc. Once my car comes in, the one mod I may do is downsize the wheels. Nothing good comes of 20" wheels on a sports car if 19" will clear the rotors... Hell I would even consider 18" if those would fit, but I doubt they'd clear the rotors.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:59 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

nice wheels but does car come with LWBs? :P
Old 02-10-2016, 02:59 AM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
By the way and not to high jack this thread - but since I saw the Akrapovic on the license plate- have they released there Sport exhaust for the GT4?
It's in the works! We'll share photos and specs as soon as we can...

Now, we think that's a bit unfair, considering we have never once mentioned that we had not done our 19" homework. In fact, we have a 19" fitment, albeit aggressive, and have had one since September of last year.

Now granted, we haven't mentioned much because most, if not all, orders have been for 20" wheels AND we have no media content or assets (aside from renderings) to show actual 19" HRE wheels on a GT4.

OFF TOPIC: For those interested in 19" wheels, please email us at info@hrewheels.com. We'll be happy to assist you!

Mvez, we beg of you, please give us a little more credit than that
Old 02-10-2016, 03:45 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

FWIW, HRE did post some pics of a 991 GT3 with PCCBs and 19" wheels so as demand ramps up from GT4 owners for 19" options, I imagine there will be more photos and fitment/offset data. Considering there aren't that many cars on the ground in the states now and even when it's all said and done, the market is only a few thousand cars vs say a BMW # series, the support from HRE and other vendors is pretty outstanding.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels

It's in the works! We'll share photos and specs as soon as we can...

Now, we think that's a bit unfair, considering we have never once mentioned that we had not done our 19" homework. In fact, we have a 19" fitment, albeit aggressive, and have had one since September of last year.

Now granted, we haven't mentioned much because most, if not all, orders have been for 20" wheels AND we have no media content or assets (aside from renderings) to show actual 19" HRE wheels on a GT4.

OFF TOPIC: For those interested in 19" wheels, please email us at info@hrewheels.com. We'll be happy to assist you!

Mvez, we beg of you, please give us a little more credit than that
Sorry, didn't mean for you to bear the brunt of some frustration. Those wheels are actually beautiful, but this is a "GT" car, and there are plenty of people who will buy 19" wheels. Those wheels in 19" with appropriate size tires would look much better aesthetically, IMO.

The reason why you sell the 20" easily is because people can take their stock tires and mount them, saving them tire cost. However, given that HRE builds track focused and performance wheels, it surprises me you are missing the boat on the 19" setups for both street and track, which other wheel companies are already selling.

I'll be honest, Forgeline seems to be selling quite a few of their 19" GA1R, but I think it's an ugly wheel, and the center cut-out just looks plain weird to me. Plus, the spokes extend to the far edge of the wheel. What is up with this trend? Why is everyone trying to make 19-20" wheels look even bigger than they are? This isn't the DUB segment. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Just saying that if I was in the business of selling wheels, I would build a set of 19" and take some pictures of them on a car. You have have lots of pics with 20" wheels, so that means you've had access to cars. You aren't going to sell any by just saying you "have" them, or by not providing size/offsets. I'm not sure what all the hush-hush is about offsets, they aren't proprietary, it's just a number.

Your wheel designs are among the most beautiful I've ever seen, but you need to get some media content of them in 19". That is all.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

One of the issues I see, and that is regardless of 19" or 20", is that the pics show wheels with a std alignment and pushed out with what appears to be a 50 offset. For performance that has been shown to be a cause for rubbing on track where one will experience more compression than in canyon carving.
The trackies are in the minority compared to those that DD and are more interested in looks. Its a business decision they made.

Oh, if you don't like GA1Rs you could always pick up a set of GA3Rs which don't do that spoke to the edge thing. Forgeline does have an option for a competition center cap that'll take care of that weight savings cut out wanted by most trackies.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
From what I can tell, the sizes which would keep the outer diameter of wheels the same while moving to 19" is the following:
245/35/19 & 19x9 +51
295/30/19 19x10.5 +37

These are what I am ordering for my Spyder so as to have a good wheel/tire combo for track use which keeps similar diameter, and offset to the standard GT4 stance.

hope this helps.. and yes, I also don't understand why the companies are all hush hush about offsets?

On the topic of pics and renderings.. i think all these wheel companies would benefit from investment into a serious configurator which would take all these parameter options into account, and allow for buyers to visualize their vehicle instead of this guessing game.

Quick Reply: HRE Wheels | RC103's installed on a Sapphire Blue Porsche GT4!