Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Checklist/Memo to SA right before delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:00 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Checklist/Memo to SA right before delivery?

As I type this out I'm about 93 days, 13 hours, 4 mins and counting until I take delivery of my GT4.
I think there was a thread somewhere but I cannot find it.

Is there a checklist that should be done/sent to the SA before you take delivery?
The only 2 things I can think of is:
1. Don't drill my front bumper. (Front plate is necessary in NYC)
2. No "extended PDI".

Will #2 be insulting since I'm basically telling them that I don't want anyone taking a joyride in my GT4 assuming that someone might do that? There's a possibility I may pick up the car a few days after its ready as April Will be a busy month for me.
I've read of some stories in Porsche forums where they receive their new car with about 40+ miles!!! Obviously no PDI requires 30+ miles of test driving.
What and where is the earliest way/place that I can see my GT4 to check the mileage basically fresh off the boat? I'd also like to see if I have an issue with the LWB that I posted a thread about.

Thanks!

Last edited by MrNurse; 01-13-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:11 AM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe have them install the clear side-markers for you before you pick it up (should you opt for them)? As for me, there's a fenced "bull-pen" where my dealer parks the cars before PDI. I'm camping outside it, then stalking the technicians as it's brought in, then following them on the test ride. That's okay - I'll take the time off work, thanks. Haha!
Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
Maybe have them install the clear side-markers for you before you pick it up (should you opt for them)? As for me, there's a fenced "bull-pen" where my dealer parks the cars before PDI. I'm camping outside it, then stalking the technicians as it's brought in, then following them on the test ride. That's okay - I'll take the time off work, thanks. Haha!
Yes def for the clear LED side markers. I have that on my list but as a favor.

To clarify in looking for more of a precautionary list.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:32 AM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 131 Posts

I think you are worrying too much and will drive yourself crazy. It is a car, not a Faberge egg. Some cars are taken for extended test drives at the factory.

If you are having your car detailed soon after delivery, some people will prefer to not let the dealer wash it and take the plastic off the car. Usually it's a better idea to give the car to your detailer untouched.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:13 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by vantage
I think you are worrying too much and will drive yourself crazy. It is a car, not a Faberge egg. Some cars are taken for extended test drives at the factory.

If you are having your car detailed soon after delivery, some people will prefer to not let the dealer wash it and take the plastic off the car. Usually it's a better idea to give the car to your detailer untouched.
If I was receiving my car from the 2 dealerships I have a rapport with, then I'd be able to sleep easy. But based on my experience with this dealership so far..

In terms of the latter statement, I was considering this as well.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:15 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,059 Likes on 387 Posts

+1. I'd go meet your dealer's service manager and explain how excited you are and that this is your first Pcar (assuming it is). Then just be honest with him about what you'd like (no detail, minimal miles, etc.). Better to discuss calmly than insinuate that his staff is going to f' with your car and pull a Ferris Bueller.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:24 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^ Agreed. My car was delivered with 11 miles on the clock, which seems about the norm, but I read somewhere around here that Porsche conducts extended testing on a random sample of about 10% of their cars, so those may be delivered with about 30 miles on the clock -- and indeed the number of people who responded in the "How many miles at delivery?" thread who had higher mileage was about 10% or so. I asked that the front plate not be drilled and my SA said that that dealership only drills front plate holes on request because they're not in the habit of willfully defiling Porsches.

If you have LWBs, you might ask your SA to borrow a plastic trim removal tool from a service tech so you can perform a quick neck pillow-ectomy right at delivery. And you might also want to ask your SA to have a tech disable the alarm honk using PIWIS to get rid of the "meep meep".

Quick Reply: Checklist/Memo to SA right before delivery?