Sponsored by: APR

We are new GT4 owners finally saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 02:52 PM
NZRED
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We are new GT4 owners finally saying hi

First, A big thanks to Kendall Porsche and our SA's Rene and Jim for getting us the car. They were fabulous to work with! Next a big thanks to all of you for the fantastic information on this site. We have wanted a track car for a long time and look forward to learning and having fun. Sorry for the quality of the iphone pictures.
We, like many of you had our LWB pulled from the order and replaced by sofa's so we will be on the list with the rest of you wanting a set with red stitching.
Attached Images    
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2632.MOV (3.98 MB, 135 views)
Old 01-09-2016, 02:58 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

That's one heck of a good looking car! (As I'm often asked at cars and coffee, how many turbos does it have?) Do you have the PPF on yet, or waiting for installation? I'm glad the ordering and whole dealership experience was great for you.
And thanks to El Nino, maybe you'll be driving it during the winter whereas down here in the desert southwest, I'm normally the one hoping to get some winter drives in, but not this year.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Beautiful and congrats! Now lets see the stripe on the front hood!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts

Gorgeous. Carmine or Guards?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:52 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 246 Posts

Awesome! I am digging those stripes
Old 01-09-2016, 04:55 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful! More pics pls!!!! I too have a GR GT4 on order and will be getting the stripes done as well!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:55 PM
NZRED
Intermediate

Thanks, the car is Carmine red with red/leather/ stitching, all the non-cost options, light design pkg, Bi-xenon, Blk wing supports, extended fuel tank, steering wheel and gear lever in leather, auto dimming mirrors, red seat belts, CDR-Plus. Hubby liked the Sport Chrono clock but when we tried to order it we found out that our order had locked 2 1/2 weeks early so could not add it.
We decided to have the Xpel put on over the stripes ( I've read the thread related to this and for us it was the best decision). We also decided not to put the stripe on the wing and instead put it on under it. (we had our installer put it on both places and then after looking at them decided we liked it better on the car under the wing. We then had him put the blk on the end caps of the wing just for fun.
We have about 135 miles on the car now but will probably not drive it much until the weather gets better. We will take it slow and properly break the car in before heading to a track day. Hopefully before summers end.
Again, thanks to you all for the great information. We hope to meet some of you at some events soon.

16 GT4 Carmine red
13 MB 250 coupe AMG interior Pkg/red stitching etc. AMG wheels
04 Ferrari 360 Spider Rossa Corsa/ Bge red stitching/calipers, challenge grill
Honda accord hubby's work car
Attached Images    
Old 01-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts

Again, looks great. By the way, are you the Queen of England? If not, who's "we"?

Edit: Not the Queen of England confirmed.

Last edited by Ferrarisimo; 01-09-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:00 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Gawgus, congrats!
Old 01-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Car looks great- Congrats!!

The black you put on your winglets are they Matte or High gloss?

Also - when they did your hood did they cut around the hood ornament or did they take it off and then replace back over the Vinyl?
Old 01-09-2016, 07:03 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 668 Posts

Assuming from your reference to "hubby" that you're female (although I shouldn't assume anything).

Is this YOUR track car? DD?

Either way - awesome car. And if you are female - special welcome and it's nice to have another here on the board. There are a few of us.

Congrats and enjoy in the best of health!
Old 01-09-2016, 07:15 PM
przemson
Intermediate

Nice touch with the stripes
Old 01-09-2016, 08:02 PM
NZRED
Intermediate

Hi, the "We" is my husband and I. (He is not a chat guy so you won't be hearing from him. Please don't hold that against me...LOL)

So, yes I am one of the females on the site that has a GT4 for a track car. I saw the thread about female owners. We don't track the Ferrari we have now although we did track our Ferrari 328 a couple of times. At any rate. I'm a newbie, I know it and am just here to learn how to drive safe and have fun (same with my husband). Car's are what we do for fun together.

Our son-n-law and daughter have an 08 C4S, so we will go tour driving with them also.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:05 PM
NZRED
Intermediate

Sorry, the black on the winglets is high gloss, the same as the stripes, however it looks a little less glossy as we did not have Xpel put over them.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:59 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NZRED
Hi, the "We" is my husband and I. (He is not a chat guy so you won't be hearing from him. Please don't hold that against me...LOL)

So, yes I am one of the females on the site that has a GT4 for a track car. I saw the thread about female owners. We don't track the Ferrari we have now although we did track our Ferrari 328 a couple of times. At any rate. I'm a newbie, I know it and am just here to learn how to drive safe and have fun (same with my husband). Car's are what we do for fun together.

Our son-n-law and daughter have an 08 C4S, so we will go tour driving with them also.
Welcome!
How do you like your 360? It was my dream car growing up and I'm still planning on owning one or an F430 when I decide to get a house to park it lol.
Is it as problematic reliability-wise as some people report?

Quick Reply: We are new GT4 owners finally saying hi