GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

tow hook will not thread easily into receiver

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016 | 10:25 AM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Rennline's website is a little confusing so for folks who are ordering the GT4 tow hooks be aware you have to call to get CCW threaded and the right size for the GT4. I just ordered off the website and now need to send back and get the proper hooks sent to me. Hopefully Shawn at Rennline's can facillitate the exchange.
Old 02-24-2016 | 10:33 AM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Shawn is taking care of this already for me (great customer service!) but for folks who haven't yet ordered I would call to make sure you get the right parts. I'm told that Gt4 length tow hooks are not going to be ready until mid-March.
Old 02-24-2016 | 01:09 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
Rennline's website is a little confusing so for folks who are ordering the GT4 tow hooks be aware you have to call to get CCW threaded and the right size for the GT4. I just ordered off the website and now need to send back and get the proper hooks sent to me. Hopefully Shawn at Rennline's can facillitate the exchange.
Yes it's not the CCT that is the issue but rather the cars receiver
The threads are very rough and could stand to be chased
I used my stock tow hook to clear the threads on the receiver and it worked
But you can see that it removed some paint on the stock tow hook, in the beginning portion of the hook

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
Shawn is taking care of this already for me (great customer service!) but for folks who haven't yet ordered I would call to make sure you get the right parts. I'm told that Gt4 length tow hooks are not going to be ready until mid-March.
Good to know. I didn't get a date
Old 02-07-2022 | 04:13 PM
JMS_987CS
Advanced

A couple of years late here -- but just to confirm for everyone on my 981 GT4 I also had to lift up on the front bumper cover (via the chin splitter/front spoiler) in order for the Rennline Tow Hook "base screw" to be able to begin catching threads - once I did this, the base screw was easily started in the threads (with help of a long 19mm socket) and screwed in perfectly via a ratchet. Definitely appreciate that tip - I was on the verge of taking it to the dealership to have the threads cleaned out - but that was totally unnecessary.
The following users liked this post:
Crazy Eddie (02-08-2022)

Quick Reply: tow hook will not thread easily into receiver