Introduction and Build Specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 01:47 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction and Build Specs

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I'm new to this forum and, like many others here, came from the BMW forums. My previous cars were an e92 M3, e90 M3, and my current car is a f80 M3. I've always admired and wanted to own a Porsche - now I finally have the opportunity to purchase one. I was fortunate enough to get an allocation for a March build and May delivery. This forum has been an invaluable resource in helping me with my build, and I look forward to contributing to it in the future.

Below are my build specs:

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Platinum Grey)
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal
Seat Heating
2-zone Automatic Climate Control
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Wing Supports in Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Modu Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
Sun Visors in Alcantara®
Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior

If the veterans can clarify something for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched the forums and seem to have the answer, but I want to be 100% certain. As I currently have my build, I won't have the antenna (wart) on the roof, right?

Thanks!!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats and welcome. I think there are at least four other former/current M3 guys who have come over from Bimmerpost on these forums.

What part of the country are you in?

And yes, no wart with PCM-only.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:10 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Congrats and welcome. I think there are at least four other former/current M3 guys who have come over from Bimmerpost on these forums.

What part of the country are you in?

And yes, no wart with PCM-only.
Thank you! Its nice to see fellow bimmerposters on here. I live in Orlando.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:22 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Another former E92 M3 guy here. Nice basic build! I'll only add to consider LWBs if you haven't already. You should be able to find a GT4 or GT3 guy in the Orlando area to test them. Unless of course seat heating is a must-have for you, although I've found I stay plenty warm in the LWBs thanks to the Alcantara and the fact that they wrap around me a bit, the latter of which will vary based on your body shape.

I'd also recommend considering steering wheel and gear lever in leather given that you seem to be going for a more DD build and live in a humid area, unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into keeping the Alcantara clean.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:56 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Originally Posted by jphughan
Another former E92 M3 guy here. Nice basic build! I'll only add to consider LWBs if you haven't already. You should be able to find a GT4 or GT3 guy in the Orlando area to test them. Unless of course seat heating is a must-have for you, although I've found I stay plenty warm in the LWBs thanks to the Alcantara and the fact that they wrap around me a bit, the latter of which will vary based on your body shape.

I'd also recommend considering steering wheel and gear lever in leather given that you seem to be going for a more DD build and live in a humid area, unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into keeping the Alcantara clean.
Thanks for your input! I really considered getting LWBs, but my dad may drive the car from time to time and it'll be difficult on him bc he has a degenerative back problem. My dad told me to get the heated seats lol.

Do the alcantara steering wheel and gear leaver show wear easily?
Old 12-23-2015, 04:17 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zubaird
Thanks for your input! I really considered getting LWBs, but my dad may drive the car from time to time and it'll be difficult on him bc he has a degenerative back problem. My dad told me to get the heated seats lol.

Unless you clean it regularly (the recommended product is Sonax 206141), then yes the general consensus in the threads in this section and the GT3 section is that Alcantara will definitely wear after a couple of years on a car that's used regularly. If you Google "Leather vs Alcantara steering wheel site:Rennlist.com" you should find some informative reading. Congrats on the GT4!
Old 12-23-2015, 04:34 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Below are my build specs:

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Platinum Grey)
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal
Seat Heating
2-zone Automatic Climate Control
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Wing Supports in Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Modu Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
Sun Visors in Alcantara®
Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior
That's my exact build, minus the Light Design Package. No wart with PCM, so you are good to go. You are going to love the car, enjoy!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Phil T
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to the "dark side".......Current e92 M3 owner waiting on my April delivery. Same user name on M3post so stop by there as well...........Phil
Old 12-23-2015, 05:52 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Originally Posted by csbear
That's my exact build, minus the Light Design Package. No wart with PCM, so you are good to go. You are going to love the car, enjoy!
I can't wait! Have you taken delivery yet?
Old 12-23-2015, 05:52 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Originally Posted by jphughan
Unless you clean it regularly (the recommended product is Sonax 206141), then yes the general consensus in the threads in this section and the GT3 section is that Alcantara will definitely wear after a couple of years on a car that's used regularly. If you Google "Leather vs Alcantara steering wheel site:Rennlist.com" you should find some informative reading. Congrats on the GT4!
Thanks!! I'm going to look at that thread tonight. My car locks in february, so i still have a little time to make changes.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:53 PM
zubaird
Track Day

Originally Posted by M Ryder
Welcome to the "dark side".......Current e92 M3 owner waiting on my April delivery. Same user name on M3post so stop by there as well...........Phil
lol. thanks!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Phil T
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the M performance wheel now and have had it for a couple of years. It will show wear if it's not cleaned from time to time. I've always used a very small amount of Zymol leather cleaner and a mild dish soap. I also use a cheap electric toothbrush and the wheel has held up nicely. So if you like to detail your car I would definitely get the wheel..........Phil
Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

Another good reason to get the LWB is that you will get it back in resale. They are highly sort after for second hand cars especially some one who may want to buy it for for a track car.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:22 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 668 Posts

Congrats and welcome! Nice build. You're gonna LOVE it!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Congrats, the best color

Quick Reply: Introduction and Build Specs