Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Aftermarket Aluminum Pedals for the GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 03:26 AM
KEPetersen
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aftermarket Aluminum Pedals for the GT4?

Wasn't too impressed with the look/price of the optional aluminum pedals from Porsche, however, I like the appearance of the Rennline 4-piece aluminum pedal set. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that Rennline offers them for the GT4. Has anyone had success with fitting a standard Cayman set onto the GT4? Was it worth the effort? A photo of the final result would be great!

Rennline Perforated Aluminum Pedal Set: $185

Are there other brands with a similar look that might be better suited for our car? (Saw some on eBay from 'Blackline' that look nice, but suspect they're Chinese knockoffs – see below.)

Blackline Pedal Set on eBay: $77

Thanks in advance for any help.

KEP
Old 12-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,431 Likes on 744 Posts

Believe it or not; but I got the Porsche upgrade to aluminium pedals on my GT3 and they are better than I thought. They are not slippery and they do not scratch because they have a sort of rough finish to them. It was an upgrade that surprised me. Getting the same option on my GT4
Old 12-23-2015, 08:40 AM
Drjimh
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Believe it or not; but I got the Porsche upgrade to aluminium pedals on my GT3 and they are better than I thought. They are not slippery and they do not scratch because they have a sort of rough finish to them. It was an upgrade that surprised me. Getting the same option on my GT4

I have the pedals on my GT4 and love them. Excellent Grip and very durable.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Car 6
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

The quick answer to your question is that the GT4 uses the same pedal assemblies as the 981 Cayman. I purchased the Rennline fully adjustable 3 pedal set (http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Rev....3P21/BLK.BLK/) to improve the heel-toe geometry on my GT4. It involves removing the original gas pedal assembly and replacing the plastic pedal unit with the Rennline billet system. The installation PDF is linked on the website. It went in exactly as described. It's a bit more work than just replacing the pedal covers but I'm very happy with the result. The only sticky points were disconnecting the electrical connector on the throttle sender. I used an inspection mirror and a small slip joint plier to squeeze the gray finger release and pull the plug. The other non-routine step was to use a grinder (or file) on the corners of the spring clip nut that gets slipped onto the sheet metal floor after a 1/4" hole is drilled. In my case, the spring nut corners hit a shoulder on the floorboard before the nut lined up with the hole. Removing the metal corners of the spring clip let it slide in far enough to line up with ht whole I drilled. I don't have a picture right now, but I'll try to get one up soon. Good luck with the project.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the Rennline gas pedal on my 987. It should be similar for the GT4.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/caym...dal-rev-4.html
Old 12-23-2015, 12:10 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out srp pedals. No affiliation.
Srpracing.com
Made in the USA.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:27 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 952 Likes on 550 Posts

Installed the rennline 981 4-piece with the throttle height adjuster (not the replacement pedal assembly mentioned above). It worked out ok, but I'm not in love with how they attach.

Update with pics (yes I need to vacuum...)
Name:  IMG_5841.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  284.3 KB

Last edited by ShakeNBake; 12-26-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Aluminum Pedals for the GT4?