Sponsored by: APR

Next GT4 Allocations? :/

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Darkalley36; 12-08-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Jeffvan1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Great job getting an allocation this late in the game for MSRP. I got screwed by having my name as the #2 customer waiting at 2 smaller midwest dealers (closest to my home) when each dealer got only 1 car and seemed pessimistic that another will come along. I just finally got an allocation at another Chicago area dealer, but they charged me $10k over MSRP to do it. I hate paying over list, but as others have said here - very few chances left to order one. Any other thoughts?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:35 PM
mm1
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffvan1
Wow! Great job getting an allocation this late in the game for MSRP. I got screwed by having my name as the #2 customer waiting at 2 smaller midwest dealers (closest to my home) when each dealer got only 1 car and seemed pessimistic that another will come along. I just finally got an allocation at another Chicago area dealer, but they charged me $10k over MSRP to do it. I hate paying over list, but as others have said here - very few chances left to order one. Any other thoughts?
There will be some cars at MSRP available that are already configured eventually, drop outs or similar. Allocations that you can configure yourself will drop or be gone altogether soon. So depends on how much you care about color and options. Just my opinion.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
The music is still playing for me bud JUST got an allocation
Thanks for the replies!
Congrats!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:52 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkalley36
I just got a build slot! Randomly email 60 dealers yesterday and found 1!!
And this folks is how you do it!!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:12 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

Hey guys so I did the same and found a spot on Monday. Since then the dealer has been changing the deal on me and putting in crazy requirements. If you have any leads on a spot at msrp that would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

^PM sent
Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 AM
malrash
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Add me to the list of people ready to commit at MSRP for a customizable allocation. After months of waiting in line with my premier dealer, I am losing hope. Thanks for any and all leads.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Jeffvan1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idea of a "list" seems to mean different things to different dealers. The dealer that is willing to get me a car at MSRP (where I bought my prior Porsches) is too small to satisfy his actual list of customers. Been on a "list" a 5 other dealers, but allocations seem to be distributed randomly, some at MSRP and some well above. I agree with this thread that persistence pays off. Bottom line - don't rely on one dealer or a list to get you an allocation.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Type901
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by malrash
Add me to the list of people ready to commit at MSRP for a customizable allocation. After months of waiting in line with my premier dealer, I am losing hope. Thanks for any and all leads.
Seems like there is a good number of us in the same situation. Maybe we should have a "group buy" thread listing every user who's in for one to see how many of us there really are and centralize our efforts.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:17 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffvan1
The idea of a "list" seems to mean different things to different dealers. The dealer that is willing to get me a car at MSRP (where I bought my prior Porsches) is too small to satisfy his actual list of customers. Been on a "list" a 5 other dealers, but allocations seem to be distributed randomly, some at MSRP and some well above. I agree with this thread that persistence pays off. Bottom line - don't rely on one dealer or a list to get you an allocation.
There's some luck to it, I'm sure. Calling or emailing a dealer at the right time if someone drops out due to financing issues or lost of interest.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:41 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,514 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Where you live is probably the biggest factor. If you happen to live in a region with a Porsche dealer and not a huge base of GT customers, then getting an allocation at MSRP is definitely doable.

I've said it before, but I really believe that allocations will still be available next year. Not many, but some of these allocations are currently being locked down to local markets and the dealers will probably open up their market once it becomes clear that they can't sell locally. There will be a few. Probably worth doing some cold calls in January and February.

Quick Reply: Next GT4 Allocations? :/