Sponsored by: APR

Platinum Stitching & Red Belts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Platinum Stitching & Red Belts?

Anyone have this combo? Any regrets that you didn't go for red stitching to match the belts?

I have spec'd out my car as follows:

White
Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Platinum Grey)
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Wheels Painted Silver
Fire Extinguisher
Smoking Package
Light Design Package
Wing Supports in Black
Full Bucket Seats
Seat Belts in Guards Red

$92,245

I know that red stitching is pretty popular, but I thought it was a bit too loud for my tastes. Was thinking red belts for a pop of color inside. I know color is subjective, but a couple of friends who work at the Porsche dealer are trying to convince me that red stitching is the way to go, 1) so that it all matches and ties together and 2) for resale.

Thoughts? Anything else I am missing. Trying not to break the bank on this car.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:01 PM
35Mugen
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Coincidentally, I have just spec'd the exact same configuration as you right down to the Silver wheels but minus the light design package.

I've seen pictures of cars with platinum stitching with just the red belts and it doesn't look out of place in a GT car at all. I think it ties together nicely with the red callipers while not overwhelming the interior entirely.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 35Mugen
Coincidentally, I have just spec'd the exact same configuration as you right down to the Silver wheels but minus the light design package.

I've seen pictures of cars with platinum stitching with just the red belts and it doesn't look out of place in a GT car at all. I think it ties together nicely with the red callipers while not overwhelming the interior entirely.
Great minds think alike!

Yeah, I like the look of the silver on the white, looks real clean to me, and just makes it a little different than what most of the GT cars have and it's free!

Yeah, the light design package is one of those things that I am afraid if I don't order, the car will be missing something that I would have expected to have been standard.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:35 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With white/ red brakes I definately like the low-key platinum stitching and red belts to bring a touch of the caliper color inside while keeping it classy and on the cheap. The fire extinguisher will likely look more at home with the belts to match. Add red door pulls and that's the bees knees I think. Red stitching is nice if you want to spend and if you like the color red but Id keep the platinum personally
Old 11-07-2015, 03:43 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
With white/ red brakes I definately like the low-key platinum stitching and red belts to bring a touch of the caliper color inside while keeping it classy and on the cheap. The fire extinguisher will likely look more at home with the belts to match. Add red door pulls and that's the bees knees I think. Red stitching is nice if you want to spend and if you like the color red but Id keep the platinum personally
I agree with that. I kind of did the same thing with red stitching but black belts so there is just a touch of the calipers brought into the interior but not overwhelming. I like red belts too, but in my car I wanted to keep it subtle.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Vintage72
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 201 Posts

I ordered JBM with Platinum stitching and Red belts. I plan on adding red door pulls too . . . obviously I am biased but I think it will look great!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I did exactly what number 9 suggested... Sapphire Blue with red belts, red door pulls, and fire extinguisher with standard platinum stitching. Looks great to me without being to over the top on red... just the right amount of accenting for the interior.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:49 PM
ccibo72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I did this combo, red belts and platinum stitch. Exterior is Rhodium and I went with the steelies...figured it will pull a little of both colors into the cabin.

How do you spec the red door pulls with platinum stitching? Would have done that, but now that I am V200 with LWBS I am not going to make any changes. Guessing a custom request like BMW individual? This is my first Porsche, still getting a handle on how things are done in Stuttgart vs. Munich
Old 11-07-2015, 06:21 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts
Default I

I really like the plat stitching and it would be my first choice with certain exterior colors.

I selected red belts to match the red deviated stitching and red door pulls. Easy decision with a white or black car and standard brakes.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Vintage72
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 201 Posts

You cannot spec the red door pulls with P stitching. I will buy them from Suncoast and have them installed . . . this is the hard way but I am excited about how it will look.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:36 PM
GT4Tony
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct. Went thru that on Friday. Red pulls only come with the red deviated stitching and extended leather which combined is over $2K. I am CWM, std Plat stitch, red belts. I want the red door pulls and will swap out after.

Originally Posted by Vintage72
You cannot spec the red door pulls with P stitching. I will buy them from Suncoast and have them installed . . . this is the hard way but I am excited about how it will look.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Reborn996
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had to order the door pulls separately and had them installed during my PDI when the car arrived.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:48 PM
ccibo72
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
Thx, didn't consider parts and doing this after delivery.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:48 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

LND_1592 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

LND_1586 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

I have this combo and it works with an Agate Grey exterior. A splash of color in a monochrome car.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:29 PM
hadokenny
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

The key to making bright colored accessories looks good in a car with low key colors is to not have too much of it. Having just the seat belts and the brake calipers red makes the whole look just that much better. If you look around the people that got red stitches and all that can overwhelm the interior.

Quick Reply: Platinum Stitching & Red Belts?