Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

COBB Tuning Accessport for 981 - Preorders available NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 04:55 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by lorennauto
Any update on the question from d00d "Are you working on an update that won't show that the DME were overwritten after COBB has been uninstalled, and if so is there an ETA?"
Firmware update released yesterday should resolve any remaining concerns regarding regarding that situation. Existing AP users just need to update the firmware on their AP via AP Manager and then bring the AP out to the car and follow this procedure:

Uninstall Accessport
Reinstall Accessport
Reflash map again (Tune-->Change Map-->Choose your preferred map)

The second map flash can be the identical map used during the install, or it can be a different map, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you have your battery charger connected because you're going through several minutes of high current drain flashing.

Originally Posted by user1029
I thought you were a part of the group of: "THE MODS, THEY DO NOTHING"

~Jared

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 01-31-2017, 05:01 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Thanks Jared.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:49 PM
flk
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Firmware update released yesterday should resolve any remaining concerns regarding regarding that situation. Existing AP users just need to update the firmware on their AP via AP Manager and then bring the AP out to the car and follow this procedure:

Uninstall Accessport
Reinstall Accessport
Reflash map again (Tune-->Change Map-->Choose your preferred map)
Jared, just to clarify - the new AP firmware (once uninstalled) will leave no trace that the car was ever flashed?
Old 01-31-2017, 05:51 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Interested as well.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:53 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
what UK outlet did you buy from ?
Erm...Fabspeed?

Posted a writeup in the Spyder Modifications thread...
Old 01-31-2017, 06:07 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by flk
Jared, just to clarify - the new AP firmware (once uninstalled) will leave no trace that the car was ever flashed?
Very interested in this also as I believed there was a ECU counter which counted every time an ECU was flashed. If this counter is somehow erased by this new firmware update then a cob inclusion on my spider would be very interesting. Does this apply to the 981?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:24 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flk
No trace is a level of absolute that we very rarely commit to. Our official stance, which is the same as every other platform that we support (except GTR which they will know the ECU has been reflashed no matter what), is via our testing, dealer level tools will not report anything abnormal once the AP is properly uninstalled. With that said, higher level diagnostics may exist (such as the ECU being sent to Germany) which may reveal something we're not aware of. As always, the AP is not sold or guaranteed to be a warranty friendly device and you should always discuss any warranty concerns with your preferred dealer as they will be making the decision should something untoward occur. We have Porsche dealers in our COBB dealer network selling and installing APs so obviously there is leeway regarding warranty coverage with a previously modified ECU.

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Interested as well.
Originally Posted by CAlexio
Very interested in this also as I believed there was a ECU counter which counted every time an ECU was flashed. If this counter is somehow erased by this new firmware update then a cob inclusion on my spider would be very interesting. Does this apply to the 981?
All vehicles supported via the POR-007 part number (All 981s and all NA 991.1 non-GT cars) do have a "flash counter" as part of their OE ECU programming. This firmware update has resolved the issue many people may have regarding higher than normal flash counts being detected by the dealer scan tool (PIWIS II) when installing/using an Accessport to a level we feel is acceptable. If you have more detailed/specific questions- please give our customer service department a call at 866-922-3059.

Thanks!

~Jared
Old 02-01-2017, 06:00 AM
mrd_spy
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
Erm...Fabspeed?

Posted a writeup in the Spyder Modifications thread...
was hoping for a UK outlet for support.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 AM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

was hoping for a UK outlet for support.
Co-ordsport in Tipton is our distribution partner:

http://www.coordsport.com/

or if you're looking for a full service shop you can check with Litchfield Imports in Gloucestershire:

http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/

Thanks!

~Jared
Old 02-04-2017, 07:09 AM
mrd_spy
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 121 Posts

thanks for that.

how does Cobb work, ie does it have to be kept plugged into the car ?

also when one sells the car, can I sell the unit inc the map, or are the maps locked to the car.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:54 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

thanks for that.

how does Cobb work, ie does it have to be kept plugged into the car ?

also when one sells the car, can I sell the unit inc the map, or are the maps locked to the car.
The Accessport does not need to remain plugged into the car once the install is completed. Doing so will give you the ability to live monitor the gauges or take datalogs but otherwise, the tuning remains on the ECU until you utilize the uninstall feature on the AP.

Which brings us to question 2- when you decide to sell the car you can uninstall the Accessport and then sell the AP to anyone else with a compatible vehicle. In this case, the AP3-POR-007 is compatible with all 981 vehicles and all NA (except GT3, GT3RS) 991.1 vehicles.

Thanks!

~Jared
Old 02-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Gem Mookherjea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
The Accessport does not need to remain plugged into the car once the install is completed. Doing so will give you the ability to live monitor the gauges or take datalogs but otherwise, the tuning remains on the ECU until you utilize the uninstall feature on the AP.

Which brings us to question 2- when you decide to sell the car you can uninstall the Accessport and then sell the AP to anyone else with a compatible vehicle. In this case, the AP3-POR-007 is compatible with all 981 vehicles and all NA (except GT3, GT3RS) 991.1 vehicles.

Thanks!

~Jared
curious, what header(s) was used for development of your tune?-interested in purchase
Old 02-08-2017, 12:40 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 275 Posts

Everybody stop modding your cars. All GT4 transmissions will break. You will need your warranty
Old 02-14-2017, 12:44 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
Everybody stop modding your cars. All GT4 transmissions will break. You will need your warranty
don't tell me that I just tuned mine!!!!
Old 02-15-2017, 11:23 AM
zeroyon
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also did tune to mine..... was going to ask Fabspeed for protune..... oh well, it's under warranty anyway. Hahaha

Quick Reply: COBB Tuning Accessport for 981 - Preorders available NOW!