Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Reserve your GT4 DSC Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:59 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

If anyone wants to buy a DSC for the GT4, I have one I no longer need (got a Viper ACR-E).

Sold the DSC -- Thanks for the interest.

Tried it out at one event, and on street. I was very impressed with the smoother Normal Mode, and the Sport Mode was much firmer. The ability to tune things was the main attraction, and for things to change in reaction to speed, g-forces and braking. The software to tune it is good and relatively intuitive, etc. Coming soon is the Velocity Maps from DSC, which this can be updated with. That will be cool.

I did not get a chance to do testing on the same day/course with and without the DSC. I would have expected a small gain on a 60 second AutoX course. The car definitely felt more controlled with the DSC in Sport Mode.

PM me any reasonable offers.

Last edited by jpgunn; 04-24-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:26 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpgunn
If anyone wants to buy a DSC for the GT4, I have one I no longer need (got a Viper ACR-E).

Tried it out at one event, and on street. I was very impressed with the smoother Normal Mode, and the Sport Mode was much firmer. The ability to tune things was the main attraction, and for things to change in reaction to speed, g-forces and braking. The software to tune it is good and relatively intuitive, etc. Coming soon is the Velocity Maps from DSC, which this can be updated with. That will be cool.

I did not get a chance to do testing on the same day/course with and without the DSC. I would have expected a small gain on a 60 second AutoX course. The car definitely felt more controlled with the DSC in Sport Mode.

PM me any reasonable offers.
Somebody will be very happy! Ive got about 1,000 street miles on mine and for the ride improvement alone, it's money well spent esp. considering the value of some of the silly options we pay Porsche big $$ for. Will have some track time soon to report on. Super easy install, will take you longer to find your 10mm wrench...
Old 04-20-2016, 10:34 PM
bhk1004
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More details on this velocity maps?
Old 04-20-2016, 11:59 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

The 991 and 981 chassis have potentiometers on the suspension that can tell position and velocity of each shock. This is something DSC is working on to leverage for further maps that allow different setting at different shock velocities per corner.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:44 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The GT4 gone? Good news for Sherry!

I'll let her know about this, I just installed one this week.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

how it works mate? are you happy with it?
Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Alpha.GT4
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

I put the DSC unit into my car. Went off for a 30mins drive in some bumpy + curvy roads + small stretch of highway. I went back home and wrapped the Porsche factory module with bubble wrap and tucked it into a box.

The GT4 PASM isn't bad at all. However, the DSC just works better. If the track junkies tell me their lap times didn't get worse after installing DSC, it really is a no brainer for anyone with some money to spend on mods. Of coz, in fact lap times have improved.

Quick Reply: Reserve your GT4 DSC Module