Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - eBay - No Reserve Auction!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Has-been
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 - eBay - No Reserve Auction!!!

Check it out on eBay!

http://r.ebay.com/eUoLn2
Old 09-03-2015, 12:09 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

someone is arbitraging the USD/CAD fx differential vis-a-vis the msrp difference in the states vs canada
Old 09-03-2015, 02:30 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny I can't pull it up on Canadian eBay. Trying to tap into U.S. Market.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

what ever happened to the 25 year import rule for USA?
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 AM
981GT4
Instructor

Porsche Canada makes you sign a 1 year non-export agreement upon delivery of the vehicle. Breach of his agreement could result in a maximum $30,000 fine/payment.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:49 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 981GT4
Porsche Canada makes you sign a 1 year non-export agreement upon delivery of the vehicle. Breach of his agreement could result in a maximum $30,000 fine/payment.
Porsche Canada also receives monthly list of vins that go through border.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
what ever happened to the 25 year import rule for USA?

I think it's allowed from Canada as the emissions /safety requirement are similar. You'll have to prove that, of course.

Edit: here's the info
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...da01192007.htm
Old 09-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

Guy was trying to sell it for $155k CAD not too long ago on Autotrader. Guess it didn't work
Old 09-03-2015, 10:08 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man, what a waste of an allocation. i am further down on their waitlist because of him.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Has-been
Rennlist Member

There is no 1 year non-export agreement, that is untrue.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm not sure if it works the same.. But in order for Canadians to purchase a vehicle from the US, it must have been titled & insured for at least 6 months, in the US...
Old 09-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Has-been
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 981GT4
When we bought the car there was not a non-export agreement of any type. When we consulted with Porsche on the subject they said that while it is not illegal or restricted, Porsche does not like it. Nevertheless, it's a free market.

I don't believe it was a waste of an allocation. Somebody who wants the car as much as anyone else will probably end up with the car at a markup that is lower or equal to what some US dealerships are imposing. Although the car was originally ordered for personal use, when we learned there was a chance to make a few dollars we decided it would be resold at a rate the market decided. The profit from selling it will be rolled into another less desirable car that is on order which is better suited to our desires. This means Porsche gets to build another car which intern benefits their brand and somebody else gets to drive this super cool car. We benefit, somebody that really wants one sooner benefits, and Porsche benefits. Win win win.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:53 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Has-been
When we bought the car there was not a non-export agreement of any type. When we consulted with Porsche on the subject they said that while it is not illegal or restricted, Porsche does not like it. Nevertheless, it's a free market.

I don't believe it was a waste of an allocation. Somebody who wants the car as much as anyone else will probably end up with the car at a markup that is lower or equal to what some US dealerships are imposing. Although the car was originally ordered for personal use, when we learned there was a chance to make a few dollars we decided it would be resold at a rate the market decided. The profit from selling it will be rolled into another less desirable car that is on order which is better suited to our desires. This means Porsche gets to build another car which intern benefits their brand and somebody else gets to drive this super cool car. We benefit, somebody that really wants one sooner benefits, and Porsche benefits. Win win win.
I can assure you that Porsche of Canada and PCNA do not share your enthusiasm, which they are only worried about protecting dealers in each particular country so ultimately who cares but I'm not sure how Porsche of Canada will process warranty claims on a car sold and moved to USA? Many manufacturers that sell in both will not honor warranty unless it's processed in same country as car was sold.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Has-been
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I can assure you that Porsche of Canada and PCNA do not share your enthusiasm for potentially having the car cross the border
You are absolutely correct about them not sharing the enthusiasm and I understand why. I'm sure they will find it in their hearts to forgive for making a few bucks on one after paying a premium for the experience on the last 14.. and the next ones!

The PCNA warranty is transferable
Old 09-03-2015, 05:13 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,036 Likes on 2,300 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I can assure you that Porsche of Canada and PCNA do not share your enthusiasm, which they are only worried about protecting dealers in each particular country so ultimately who cares but I'm not sure how Porsche of Canada will process warranty claims on a car sold and moved to USA? Many manufacturers that sell in both will not honor warranty unless it's processed in same country as car was sold.
You know what, who cares about what PCNA and dealers think. They could care less about us and what we have to say so why should we care about what they think?

Quick Reply: GT4 - eBay - No Reserve Auction!!!