Sponsored by: APR

GT4 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 09:48 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
I think there is a lot more people out there that have paid over MSRP but are just not willing to admit it.
This. The data would be flawed. All the folks that paid over and well over aren't going to come out. The few that did get them for MSRP will ALL come out.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,053 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
I think $10-$15k over MSRP is a good number. I think there is a lot more people out there that have paid over MSRP but are just not willing to admit it.

I find all the " will I can not believe they are selling it for that much over MSRP " comments funny. So if you had to sell your GT4 you are going to be a nice guy and let it go for less than the market value I do not think so.
Yeah, no one wants to admit they made over MSRP but I've never been the type to BS. I wanted the car plus there was a guarantee that it was going to have the bucket seats because it was a 918 owner GT4. The seats were the #1 must-have and as we know there weren't a lot of non-918 owner GT4s that came with LWB in the first batch of cars. The favorable sales tax laws in NV definitely helped because it'd be hard to stomach paying sales tax twice for me (to cover the 918 owner's sales tax and then sales tax on my end). I think the true market value is around $10k-$15k over MSRP for these cars as my ebay experiment seemed to indicate.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:00 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think the true market value is around $10k-$15k over MSRP for these cars as my ebay experiment seemed to indicate.
I can't predict the future but my gut tells me you are accurate RIGHT NOW but very soon that will be MSRP and then even start dropping after that. My crystal ball tells me in a year you will get a very low mileage one for under MSRP. If there are new ones out there they will be at MSRP.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:14 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

I'm not sure that really matters to the people who pulled the trigger? Buying a car like this is an exercise in giving in to your irrational mind if you have the means. Nothing about buying a GT4, or a porsche for that matter, makes any sense. If you can be patient (how patient is anyone's guess right now) and control your irrational mind, then you will be rewarded by getting a car and paying less. I paid 10K to get a build slot for exactly what I wanted after being screwed over by a dealer navigating a deposit line in a the good-ol-boy world. Another completely irrational activity is loading the car up with 20K of options, like PCCBs and PCM and SportChrono - that is also money you will never get back.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:32 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

GT4 will be in limited supply across the globe (if production is truly limited to EOL models) The performance "buzz" won't be main stream until next year, when the non porsche enthusiasts get wind of this wonderful track/street toy. Many of those, will be individuals with FU $....
-IMO, this will fuel the secondary markets.. Win-Win, for all GT4 owners,

Disclaimer: Just my personal opinion, not verbatim..
Old 09-12-2015, 10:37 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by RealityGT
GT4 will be in limited supply across the globe (if production is truly limited to EOL models) The performance "buzz" won't be main stream until next year, when the non porsche enthusiasts get wind of this wonderful track/street toy. Many of those, will be individuals with FU $....

That is why we all get our own opinion's.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:42 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
That is why we all get our own opinion's.
agreed
Old 09-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I can't predict the future but my gut tells me you are accurate RIGHT NOW but very soon that will be MSRP and then even start dropping after that. My crystal ball tells me in a year you will get a very low mileage one for under MSRP. If there are new ones out there they will be at MSRP.
My gut tells me a lot of GT4's are going to be driven very hard at the track and in 2 years you could get one for a little under MSRP. For at least the next 3 years the GT4 will not be easy to come by. My crystal ball tells me that there is a very STRONG but LIMITED demand. Once initial demand is filled to 80% you could see a large drop in new customers looking for new GT4's. I would guess PAG has met demand by 30% thus far. There will always be a high demand for this kind of car in the used market regardless what happens to demand in the new market.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:27 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT

I expect the GT4 to follow the same path as the 2011 BMW 1M. 1 yr only car with 740 built for the US market. Still are selling for over MSRP 4 years later. Until the 981.2 GT4 comes out 2018-2019, the US market is projected to 1200 cars or so for the 2016 model year.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:24 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Newport Beach Porsche has a Agate Grey GT4 in the showroom. It is their 918 car - both are in the showroom, so they can't sell for a few more months. But you may be able to reserve it for when the 6 months passes.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:35 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
I expect the GT4 to follow the same path as the 2011 BMW 1M. 1 yr only car with 740 built for the US market. Still are selling for over MSRP 4 years later. Until the 981.2 GT4 comes out 2018-2019, the US market is projected to 1200 cars or so for the 2016 model year.
I agree with this rational. I skipped on my 1M allocation and kicked myself till the GT4 was in the driveway.

An interesting poll of actual GT4 owners would be:
A) what price over MSRP would you sell for?
B) what would you replace it with?

The first I can somewhat answer. The second I have no idea and a bigger reason why I'd have a tough time selling. The car ticks SO MANY boxes and does it without the normal compromises.

Last edited by mm1; 09-12-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,741 Likes on 2,350 Posts

too many are too concerned with how much to pay when.
while in 12 months the GT4 may or may not drop in price, if u have it NOW. you get to drive it NOW. tmo i could hit a deer and be dead. so saving that 10k until below msrp next year wont help dead man much.... it's ur money figure out how to burn it...

no one can predict the future.

who knows.

9/11/2017, GT4 could be like 4.0 selling at 3x msrp
or GT4 could be like mercedes C class selling at .25 msrp

it's a toy. if you like it, get one and enjoy it....
Old 09-13-2015, 06:51 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
too many are too concerned with how much to pay when.
while in 12 months the GT4 may or may not drop in price, if u have it NOW. you get to drive it NOW. tmo i could hit a deer and be dead. so saving that 10k until below msrp next year wont help dead man much.... it's ur money figure out how to burn it...

no one can predict the future.

who knows.

9/11/2017, GT4 could be like 4.0 selling at 3x msrp
or GT4 could be like mercedes C class selling at .25 msrp

it's a toy. if you like it, get one and enjoy it....

The best post yet on this thread
Old 09-13-2015, 02:46 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agree - I'm not getting any younger!

Quick Reply: GT4 for sale