Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR
View Poll Results: Did you get a footwell storage net in your GT4?
I ordered the option and it came on my car.
66.67%
I ordered the option and it did NOT come on my car.
2.22%
I did NOT order the option and it came on my car anyway.
26.67%
I did NOT order the option and it did NOT come on my car.
4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Footwell storage net standard?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Refujeet
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Footwell storage net standard?

I have it on mine and I didn't order it either. I asked my salesman and he said that he had added a few no cost options to "fix" my configuration. This included the cargo net, larger fuel tank and smokers package.

I'm sure others would mind, but I don't mind his intervention. This is my first Porsche and I would have certainly screwed up the order of it wasn't for him.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
Of all the things to worry about, this is not one of them. It's useful if you ever have some small papers or bottle of water to stash while on a road trip, instead of having things flying around. The extra weight it adds can be measured in grams.
Trust me, I hear ya and honestly all I want is my car ...SO BAD I cant tell ya That was my thought on the water bottles
Originally Posted by mgerber
Wife used the pocket almost every time we were in the 981. Water bottles, directions for PCA drives, small bags of stuff she bought, phone, etc...I ordered it given how much use the last one got.
Originally Posted by gmaki
I ordered it with mine, didn't even know what it was exactly but it was free!

We have one in the Mercedes, and I can't find a use for it for the life me. The Mercedes also has some thick rubber strap like thing above it that totally confuses me. One of these days I am going to crack open the manual and find out!
Originally Posted by anselmw
I ordered it as it is similar to the one that was in our q5. Was not good for much.

I see you have the fire extinguisher. I was going to get it but seems that the local pca events require differently mounted ones and I believe require a metal mount vs plastic. Wish they approved the porsche one as it is a cleaner install.
On the fire extinguisher I passed because its not Halon.
Halon doesn't leave a mess like the Porsche one will.
I didn't realize that it was not PCA approved i.e plastic bracket ...
I have a Halon one from my former track days and its slender and long vs short and fat like the Porsche one is
Rennline and there is another vendor on Amazon that sell them and they are very nice
The Rennline one is crazy good looking, but with that is the cost. I think the bracket is as much as the fire extinguisher but it is a work of art.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Refujeet
I have it on mine and I didn't order it either. I asked my salesman and he said that he had added a few no cost options to "fix" my configuration. This included the cargo net, larger fuel tank and smokers package.

I'm sure others would mind, but I don't mind his intervention. This is my first Porsche and I would have certainly screwed up the order of it wasn't for him.
I think the other two options are a no brainer so he did you a favor, honestly!
If you are concerned about the fuel tank weight then add less fuel and really ...
Unless you are Lewis Hamilton how is that going to matter exactly ?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:54 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I think the other two options are a no brainer so he did you a favor, honestly!
If you are concerned about the fuel tank weight then add less fuel and really ...
Unless you are Lewis Hamilton how is that going to matter exactly ?
Fair points, but unless this was a build that had to be submitted in hours rather than days or weeks, I think the SA still should have asked before "fixing" someone's ordered car. Maybe he would have wanted the storage compartment for function over the nicer look of the Smoking Package (assuming the extra outlet wouldn't be used) since after all there isn't much storage in the car. Don't get me wrong, I got both of those options on my build, but I can see why people might not want certain free things, and I can definitely see why they might want a say in their final build.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:30 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Honestly it beyond strange
Why go against the wishes of the buyer?
I was just saying since he the buyer didn't know the S/A did the ordering (and didn't do a bad job)
But for Porsche to add something to someones build who didn't ask for it sounds very un Porsche like???
Old 08-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Refujeet
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Fair points, but unless this was a build that had to be submitted in hours rather than days or weeks, I think the SA still should have asked before "fixing" someone's ordered car. Maybe he would have wanted the storage compartment for function over the nicer look of the Smoking Package (assuming the extra outlet wouldn't be used) since after all there isn't much storage in the car. Don't get me wrong, I got both of those options on my build, but I can see why people might not want certain free things, and I can definitely see why they might want a say in their final build.
Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Honestly it beyond strange
Why go against the wishes of the buyer?
I was just saying since he the buyer didn't know the S/A did the ordering (and didn't do a bad job)
But for Porsche to add something to someones build who didn't ask for it sounds very un Porsche like???
Ding, ding, ding! Good guess! My build had to be submitted within hours...

Background: I was fortunate enough to be called when the original buyer walked - on the day that the order was going to be locked! My salesperson called me and asked if I wanted it, and I said YES. He obviously needed my options ASAP, however, I was traveling...I pretty much told him the following:
-exterior color, interior color/stitching, navigation, heated seats (Canada..it's cold here!), and black wing supports...everything else, he figured it out on his own.

I think it's less of a Porsche thing, and more of a situation/salesperson thing...for which, I'm thankful. He made sure my seat belts matched the stitching (red), and that I took advantage of the right no cost options.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:59 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Refujeet
Ding, ding, ding! Good guess! My build had to be submitted within hours...

Background: I was fortunate enough to be called when the original buyer walked - on the day that the order was going to be locked! My salesperson called me and asked if I wanted it, and I said YES. He obviously needed my options ASAP, however, I was traveling...I pretty much told him the following:
-exterior color, interior color/stitching, navigation, heated seats (Canada..it's cold here!), and black wing supports...everything else, he figured it out on his own.

I think it's less of a Porsche thing, and more of a situation/salesperson thing...for which, I'm thankful. He made sure my seat belts matched the stitching (red), and that I took advantage of the right no cost options.
Personally I think he did you a favor by including all those useful options.
The dash looks unfinished without the smoking package, and the larger fuel tank will come in handy on long trips.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chalk up another in the column of I did not order it but its there!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I went back and added a poll so we can try to see if they are installing them in every GT4.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:46 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I wonder if this is going to be like the black wing supports, where pretty soon the configurator will show it as checked with no ability to uncheck it because it's now a standard feature....
Old 08-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jphughan
I wonder if this is going to be like the black wing supports, where pretty soon the configurator will show it as checked with no ability to uncheck it because it's now a standard feature....
Makes you wonder if someone decided it was cheaper in the long run to put it on every car than to have procedures in place to add it to builds.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:39 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts
Default net

didn't order a net but got one as well, I am showing it to factory rep and asking to be comped to live with it let you know what I get or don't get
Old 08-30-2015, 08:10 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Btw, not a GT4, but my GM added the net to my MY16 GT3 even though I didn't spec it. I was annoyed.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orclean1
didn't order a net but got one as well, I am showing it to factory rep and asking to be comped to live with it let you know what I get or don't get
Interested in hearing results...

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Btw, not a GT4, but my GM added the net to my MY16 GT3 even though I didn't spec it. I was annoyed.
Did it show up on your window sticker?
Old 08-30-2015, 11:28 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by TechnicGravy
I have it mine too, also not ordered.
Originally Posted by Accel Junky
I just put two and two together... I did not order this option but I have it on the car. Did that happen to anyone else?
Send the car back.

I didn't order it and expect it not to be installed in the car.

Quick Reply: Footwell storage net standard?