Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Mileage upon delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Turns out mine had 6mi upon arrival at the dealer. 21 miles when I sat in it for the first time. So 15mi driven by the dealership...
Old 08-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Turns out mine had 6mi upon arrival at the dealer. 21 miles when I sat in it for the first time. So 15mi driven by the dealership...
Question
Why would the dealership need to drive the car 15 miles ?
Unless it was dropped off at a different dealer and then went to your dealer which I doubt ?
Regards
Ed
Old 08-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Question
Why would the dealership need to drive the car 15 miles ?
Unless it was dropped off at a different dealer and then went to your dealer which I doubt ?
Regards
Ed
Not a clue. Definitely when straight to the correct dealer. No others involved.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:18 AM
TechnicGravy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine had 8 miles at delivery. I put another 7 on it on my test drive prior to signing the paperwork
Old 08-29-2015, 12:19 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Not a clue. Definitely when straight to the correct dealer. No others involved.
Being the paranoid ex NY'er I just always think the worst
Like... Hey Joe ya wanna test drive this baby ?
Meanwhile,... all of us are like ... We can't go over 4500 rpm before the break-in etc .. taking care of it like a baby
I am sure I am just being hyper critical...
Old 08-29-2015, 12:46 AM
Refujeet
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mileage upon delivery?

My car had 18km, or roughly 11 miles.

My salesman said only two people drove the car at the dealership. He drove it from the truck to the service bay, and then the tech drove it around the dealership to clear the messages and set everything up.

This is my first Porsche, so I don't know if any of the stuff from my salesperson was accurate. But, I trust him - maybe naively.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:51 AM
joe12pack
Advanced

I work for the company that runs the Port of San Diego (National City is the actual town). I'll make sure I record how many miles mine has before it gets loaded on the truck

I see every possible Porsche here coming off the ships. Quite a sight. There's a full body shop here. Most people think when they buy a brand new car that it hasn't gone through a body or paint shop or had repairs. Not the case.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:11 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joe12pack
I work for the company that runs the Port of San Diego (National City is the actual town). I'll make sure I record how many miles mine has before it gets loaded on the truck

I see every possible Porsche here coming off the ships. Quite a sight. There's a full body shop here. Most people think when they buy a brand new car that it hasn't gone through a body or paint shop or had repairs. Not the case.
More sleepless nights
Hey if I give you the VIN can you see if its there
Mine probably fell off the gangplank ....
Old 08-29-2015, 02:13 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Refujeet
My car had 18km, or roughly 11 miles.

My salesman said only two people drove the car at the dealership. He drove it from the truck to the service bay, and then the tech drove it around the dealership to clear the messages and set everything up.

This is my first Porsche, so I don't know if any of the stuff from my salesperson was accurate. But, I trust him - maybe naively.
That mileage is not high. As I mentioned my first Porsche should have been sold as a used car It had 500 miles on it!
Old 08-29-2015, 02:19 AM
joe12pack
Advanced

More sleepless nights
Hey if I give you the VIN can you see if its there
Mine probably fell off the gangplank ....
yeah msg me the VIN and I can see if it's here.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:33 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

yeah msg me the VIN and I can see if it's here.
Thanks very much
PM sent
Old 08-29-2015, 02:47 AM
joe12pack
Advanced

Thanks very much
PM sent
I sent you a PM with information on your car.

It arrived yesterday and it was purified this morning. Purified means it was scanned and confirms it is physically here. It is not allocated to a dealer yet.

And there's a hold on the car.

It hasn't received a Customs Clearance yet either.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:59 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I sent you a PM with information on your car.

It arrived yesterday and it was purified this morning. Purified means it was scanned and confirms it is physically here. It is not allocated to a dealer yet.

And there's a hold on the car.

It hasn't received a Customs Clearance yet either.
Your awesome Thanks so much ...
When there is a hold on the car does that mean there is something wrong with it or just needs to be cleared by customs?
Is there a time frame that this is usually done in i.e from this point forward it takes xxx days ?
Thanks again for your help
Best regards
Ed
Old 08-29-2015, 03:17 AM
joe12pack
Advanced

Your awesome Thanks so much ...
When there is a hold on the car does that mean there is something wrong with it or just needs to be cleared by customs?
Is there a time frame that this is usually done in i.e from this point forward it takes xxx days ?
Thanks again for your help
Best regards
Ed
No I think those are standard holds they put on Porsches. Porsches are "special" in that they have a human double and triple check everything so they put them on hold automatically so they don't get shipped accidentally. We have accidentally mis-shipped super high end Porsches to the wrong dealers and the dealer that receives the car won't give it back. There are 14,000 cars on the ground here at any given time from Hondas, Mazdas, Lamborghinis, VW's, etc and everything moves at a frenetic pace. There's a railhead to bring cars up from Mexico and out to Texas. And of course trucks and vessels coming in and out.

I don't know if there's a standard time. I have noticed that lots of GT4's have been delayed due to a tail pipe modification. However that may have been in the past and the future ones go out quicker.

Customs clearance should happen pretty soon. The port operation works on weekends so its possible there may be some progress on Monday. I'll keep an eye on it for you.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

No I think those are standard holds they put on Porsches. Porsches are "special" in that they have a human double and triple check everything so they put them on hold automatically so they don't get shipped accidentally. We have accidentally mis-shipped super high end Porsches to the wrong dealers and the dealer that receives the car won't give it back. There are 14,000 cars on the ground here at any given time from Hondas, Mazdas, Lamborghinis, VW's, etc and everything moves at a frenetic pace. There's a railhead to bring cars up from Mexico and out to Texas. And of course trucks and vessels coming in and out.

I don't know if there's a standard time. I have noticed that lots of GT4's have been delayed due to a tail pipe modification. However that may have been in the past and the future ones go out quicker.

Customs clearance should happen pretty soon. The port operation works on weekends so its possible there may be some progress on Monday. I'll keep an eye on it for you.
Ya know, I was looking at a satellite shot of the port and all I saw was parking lots of cars and cars and cars...
Amazing
Thanks for explaining that
Yes I heard about that tail pipe thing, and was hoping it was not on the later cars.
Thanks again for all your help
Best regards
Ed
ps Now I can sleep tonight !

Quick Reply: Mileage upon delivery?