Sponsored by: APR

GT4 to a new home

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
Well the original ad was taken down and then reposted with more accurate information. Listed as a used car now.

He is still sticking to his claim he was offered $30K over and turned it down. lol. Dude you should have taken that deal!
You're assuming that he even really got that offer. We all know people have been know to stretch the truth a bit in used car ads.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:36 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

GT4 for GT3 prices!
Old 08-12-2015, 03:04 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 to a new home

Well the original ad was taken down and then reposted with more accurate information. Listed as a used car now.

He is still sticking to his claim he was offered $30K over and turned it down. lol. Dude you should have taken that deal!
As I said when the first guy mentioned my listing wasn't in the format most would like to see I will modify and appreciate the constructive criticism.

I wouldn't sell the car for less than that. As someone else mentioned 10k 20k 30k those are all discernible values, I'll keep it if above that is not obtained.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:11 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You're assuming that he even really got that offer. We all know people have been know to stretch the truth a bit in used car ads.
Oh I have quietly assumed he got no such offer. He has clearly demonstrated a willingness to stretch the truth. I personally don't mind someone trying to make money off the car by flipping it. It is done with houses, and it is done by lots of people all the time, sometimes they get TV shows made about them. Usually the time frames are longer but what's the difference really?

What does bother me is the huckster tone of the whole thing. In both the ebay ads actually.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:11 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Originally Posted by soupy
I for one hope he gets his 160k so we can start posting For Trade threads on the GT3 forum. Maybe even on FerrariChat too for a "high mileage" 458!
That's the spirit. I'm surprised more people are not hoping their "investment" is calling for more than they thought.

Have you driven a 458? I would challenge you to drive one then get strait into a McLaren. I would be curious to see which car you would choose.

With that being said I don't have a 458 for sale I do have a Ferrari FF that's on consignment.

http://www.toybarncars.com/pre-owned...--2385748.html

Feel free to sell your GT4 and buy that. I'll make you a hell of a deal.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:12 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by roncooper
As I said when the first guy mentioned my listing wasn't in the format most would like to see I will modify and appreciate the constructive criticism.

I wouldn't sell the car for less than that. As someone else mentioned 10k 20k 30k those are all discernible values, I'll keep it if above that is not obtained.
In that case, congrats on your new car! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Cause it is yours for quite some time.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:20 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Wow! here is another seller hoping for $160,000

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...07668412&Log=0
Old 08-12-2015, 03:22 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Oh I have quietly assumed he got no such offer. He has clearly demonstrated a willingness to stretch the truth. I personally don't mind someone trying to make money off the car by flipping it. It is done with houses, and it is done by lots of people all the time, sometimes they get TV shows made about them. Usually the time frames are longer but what's the difference really?

What does bother me is the huckster tone of the whole thing. In both the ebay ads actually.
I think I was very fair to to question the initial eBay listing of which I have made the warranted modifications.

You have no right to question my character. I have not stretched the truth or even flirted with it. Now your crossing the line of which I will not stand for. Feel free to contact me or "look me up" I'm in columbus Ohio my phone number is 614-286-5775. Contact the Highline sales manager at Midwestern Auto Group his name is Michael. Although they may not approve of me listing the car they can validate my integrity. Anyone that has ever met me can validate my integrity.

I've got holes and scars defending this country I've been a disabled veteran since 2006 and I will not allow a punk *** keyboard warrior to question it. If you don't like the way listed the car feel free to exercise your right to voice your opinion I've almost died protecting that right for you. However, if you continue to go down that road calling my integrity into question you and I will have a serious problem.

Last edited by roncooper; 08-12-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:29 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I get wanting to bash the guy for asking high prices but more power to him. This isn't a dealer listing this car. Its an individual who bought the car, realizes the car is in demand and looking to make some money. I would much rather see this post not have any replies if you think he's crazy. I am just picking my car up tomorrow and have been on a list for 1.5 years for the car. I very excited to get it but if someone offered me 30K over you bet Id sell it. This is how most people in positions to buy 100K+ cars got there. How to know when to take a good offer. With that being said if he actually got an offer for 30 over and passed he doesn't fit into this mold. His intelligence is lacking if he truly passed on a 30 over offer.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,053 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
I'd do that deal. A good friend did the same as you, $10K over from a 918 VIP customer...and he's pleased as pie.
I was late to the party (should have known better) and figured with the LWB seat shortage that even if I got lucky with an allocation I might not have been able to get the LWB seats that were almost a must-have for the GT4. The problem with paying over MSRP to a dealer would be that I'd be paying sales tax on that amount that I paid over MSRP. So overall I think it's a fair deal for everyone and now I'm trying to wait patiently while my car is stuck at the Houston port.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

If you are holding out to get $30k over MSRP, you won't be selling the car ever. You do realize that more allocations are going, right?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I think I'm going to list my GT3 for sale for $200k.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Yet another car with no LWB seats wanting to get some stupid price (assuming that from the last 3 numbers of the VIN). I guess this is just the start.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
With that being said if he actually got an offer for 30 over and passed he doesn't fit into this mold. His intelligence is lacking if he truly passed on a 30 over offer.
I think that's what rubs people the wrong way. Can he get $10k, $15k, or heck even $20k over for the car? Sure why not, but telling us that he declined an offer for $30k is both laughable and insulting. He's on the clock (as are the other sellers hoping to make big bucks on a flip) because more allocations are coming in 4Q.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:47 PM
hadokenny
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

I think I was very fair to to question the initial eBay listing of which I have made the warranted modifications.

You have no right to question my character. I have not stretched the truth or even flirted with it. Now your crossing the line of which I will not stand for. Feel free to contact me or "look me up" I'm in columbus Ohio my phone number is 614-286-5775. Contact the Highline sales manager at Midwestern Auto Group his name is Michael. Although they may not approve of me listing the car they can validate my integrity. Anyone that has ever met me can validate my integrity.

I've got holes and scars defending this country I've been a disabled veteran since 2006 and I will not allow a punk *** keyboard warrior to question it. If you don't like the way listed the car feel free to exercise your right to voice your opinion I've almost died protecting that right for you. However, if you continue to go down that road calling my integrity into question you and I will have a serious problem.

Ron, meet the internet. Internet, this is Ron.

Quick Reply: GT4 to a new home