Sponsored by: APR

#sheneedsaname

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:44 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon

PS. I am sorry to those that passed for the LWB....

The seats do look great. Perhaps you can buy an enclosed trailer for the money you saved!

Love the car, just one suggestion, wrap that rascal professionally.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 AM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

More pictures.

some pics of:

Rear brake cooling ducts
Engine
Front underbody and Aero (how does this work? do you turn the piece around?)
Front suspension
Front Brake
Rear suspension
motor mount (im pretty sure)

Old 08-09-2015, 03:49 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for the photos. Did you happen to notice where the oil filter canister is while under the engine?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:41 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 246 Posts
Default 4-Post Lift

It looks like you have the same lift that I do. Is it a Bendpak HD-9? I don't have my GT4 yet and I was hoping you could share any comments about clearance with the lip. I looks like you parked it nose first. What ramps do you use? I have the aluminum version which have a more relaxed approach. Did you have to add any wood or anything to the ramps? Does the lip clear no problem? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 AM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sonorous
It looks like you have the same lift that I do. Is it a Bendpak HD-9? I don't have my GT4 yet and I was hoping you could share any comments about clearance with the lip. I looks like you parked it nose first. What ramps do you use? I have the aluminum version which have a more relaxed approach. Did you have to add any wood or anything to the ramps? Does the lip clear no problem? Thanks.
Yes it is one of the HD-9 variants. I used the yellow steel ones that it comes with and then laid some 77" aluminum ATV ramps on top to lessen the angle. yes they bent, but they serve the purpose and work. my approach angle is even steeper as in some of the pictures you can see the shims under the front two posts due to the slope in the garage floor.. but yes with the additional ramps it went on no problem.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=zmon;12495721]Yes it is one of the HD-9 variants. I used the yellow steel ones that it comes with and then laid some 77" aluminum ATV ramps on top to lessen the angle. yes they bent, but they serve the purpose and work. my approach angle is even steeper as in some of the pictures you can see the shims under the front two posts due to the slope in the garage floor.. but yes with the additional ramps it went on no problem.[/QUOToulE]
Now that's the way to go if you like performing your own maintenance.
What a back saver.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:17 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
Yes it is one of the HD-9 variants. I used the yellow steel ones that it comes with and then laid some 77" aluminum ATV ramps on top to lessen the angle. yes they bent, but they serve the purpose and work. my approach angle is even steeper as in some of the pictures you can see the shims under the front two posts due to the slope in the garage floor.. but yes with the additional ramps it went on no problem.
I was looking at getting that lift as well for my gt4, are you saying with the gt4 stock height it was an issue getting up the lift? I guess the stock ramps have too much of an angle.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:15 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 240 Posts

Very cool pics Zmon - thanks for posting!

Last edited by matttheboatman; 08-09-2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anselmw
I was looking at getting that lift as well for my gt4, are you saying with the gt4 stock height it was an issue getting up the lift? I guess the stock ramps have too much of an angle.
I have a HD-9 but not my GT4 yet so I have only done calculations. I used to park a BMW on it which has a much shorter front overhang. I have the optional aluminum ramps (which I highly recommend) and they are 36" long. My Bendpack install is about 6" above the garage floor on the entry side. So rough math, the ramp angle is 9.5 degrees. The spec sheet approach angle of the GT4 is 6 degrees which obviously won't work. But, this is for a straight on approach, so I would assume since we are talking ramps (the center of the bumper/lip protrudes the most) that the approach angle is actually better but I doubt it is 9.5 degrees.

One solution is simply to back onto the lift. The approach angle on the GT4 rear is 13.3 degrees. Since the vehicle will only be raised up about 6" at the rear wheels, when factoring the wheelbase of 97.8", the resulting approach angle applied to the front end would only be 3.5 degrees (no scrape).

The other option is to use additional ramps like zmon has done. These could be ATV ramps or just a few wooden boards layered. For me, it sounds like the less hassle solution is simply backing in. I won't be able to test all this for a few weeks when I get my car.

In any case, I highly recommend a 4 post lift, especially the HD-9 if you need extra car storage space!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:00 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anselmw
well because the front cross member and therefore the ramps are about 2" higher because we leveled lift as the garage floor has slope it made the angle steeper.

I didn't do the calcs like other members here did, just simply eyeballed it, got worried and picked up some ramps at tractor supply... didn't even feel like trying with out them (didn't have someone outside the car handy to tell me how things were looking so felt better with ramps).

Last edited by zmon; 08-10-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: said rear meant front
Old 08-10-2015, 12:25 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 163 Likes on 81 Posts

I have an Atlas lift ( I truly think they are all made in the same factory in China and perhaps assembled in the US) I have the optional alum rams and have no issues getting my 2011 GT3 up without scraping and it does not have the front end lift, in fact it sits low. I would not think the GT4 is any lower
Old 08-10-2015, 01:06 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I have an Atlas lift ( I truly think they are all made in the same factory in China and perhaps assembled in the US) I have the optional alum rams and have no issues getting my 2011 GT3 up without scraping and it does not have the front end lift, in fact it sits low. I would not think the GT4 is any lower
Well the 997.2 GT3 has a 5.6 degree approach angle spec so that is very promising! Thanks.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:04 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Great pics and car! Thanks for posting!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Pictures

Thanks for posting the pictures of your car. It looks like the rear toe is adjusted with those cheesy cam bolts that can be knocked out of alignment.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:23 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Well the 997.2 GT3 has a 5.6 degree approach angle spec so that is very promising! Thanks.
This is good to hear, since I only have 3 spots, will need to get a lift to put the gt4 on or under. If the approach did not work was planning to put my M coupe on top.

Can't wait to get my GT4!

Quick Reply: #sheneedsaname