GT4 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 11:13 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine in pdi today ... A week til I have time to pick it up - will be torture

Top shelf!

Frunk full of goodies to be fitted - harnesses, brake ducts, wipers etc...

stiching was worth it

The following users liked this post:
SFZ GT3 (08-31-2020)
Old 01-08-2016, 11:24 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind

Top shelf!

stiching was worth it

Looks great I have the same build submitted. That 12 o clock marker looks great but it's so expensive for what it is. I've been agonizing over it
Old 01-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Looks great I have the same build submitted. That 12 o clock marker looks great but it's so expensive for what it is. I've been agonizing over it
Isn't that the beauty of it? It's like printing money for Porsche! They put the black on in there if you don't order it. It literally cost them.....nothing? ....less than a buck? ...can't be more than that!

We are such suckers. Just buy it, you know you want to! If you plan to track it, you will wish you had.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. F1 Fan
Isn't that the beauty of it? It's like printing money for Porsche! They put the black on in there if you don't order it. It literally cost them.....nothing? ....less than a buck? ...can't be more than that!

We are such suckers. Just buy it, you know you want to! If you plan to track it, you will wish you had.
I would if the yellow stitching option wasn't mandatory. I have one in my BMW and it gets lots of questions. Mainly "what is that?" and "why do you need to know which way straight is?"
Old 01-08-2016, 02:15 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Besides the fact that there isn't a red option for my red stitched interior, I'd much rather go DIY anyway.
Save yourself a couple hundred bucks and use that for something else lol.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:45 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

(whispered) "can someone tell him they put the wheel on the wrong side, or are we just gonna focus on the yellow stitching?"
Old 01-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Top shelf!

stiching was worth it

Big congrats! I have a similar interior spec, 1st time I've seen the center ring in a closeup pic, I'm glad I selected it.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are the best pics to really show off yellow stitching I have seen. I love my red stitching and have seen plenty of pictures that make it look great. Now we have some that really showcase yellow.

Proof once again that it is hard to go wrong with color choices on this car.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:29 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

thanks Guys ... Apologies for haphazard iPhone pics - was slightly shell shocked
And a bit hurried as shop was busy and couldn't drive the car yet ...
Loved the stitches, the LWB and seating pos, the cockpit feel, the alcantara.

And yes seeing 8 together today it's true what is said re colors all being great!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,436 Likes on 748 Posts

Love the yellow stitching( and yes, pony up and get the yellow marker). I keep on going back and forth on the alcantara steering wheel. I had the leather one on my GT4 before acquiring a CF steering wheel but loved the leather. But also drove a GT4 with the alcantara and also liked it very much - First world problems- I guess.

Question to all - I went with Carmine Red and the PCCBs. I have red stitching on my White GT3 with the stock calipers. Now - I went with yellow stitching for the CR GT4. Do you all think that will look stupid?? I just like how yellow brightens things up a little and I wanted to tie in the yellow calipers. I kept the seat belts black, though, because did not want to over do it - Thoughts/Opinions welcomed.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:57 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,445 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Love the yellow stitching( and yes, pony up and get the yellow marker). I keep on going back and forth on the alcantara steering wheel. I had the leather one on my GT4 before acquiring a CF steering wheel but loved the leather. But also drove a GT4 with the alcantara and also liked it very much - First world problems- I guess.

Question to all - I went with Carmine Red and the PCCBs. I have red stitching on my White GT3 with the stock calipers. Now - I went with yellow stitching for the CR GT4. Do you all think that will look stupid?? I just like how yellow brightens things up a little and I wanted to tie in the yellow calipers. I kept the seat belts black, though, because did not want to over do it - Thoughts/Opinions welcomed.
I think it will look good. I'm locked with Carmine and I got platinum stitch b/c I'm going with standard brakes. If I was going PCCB, I'd have gotten yellow stitch. Skip the yellow belts, IMO.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 199 Posts

First, always buy what your heart desires, especially as to how you order your GT4. Second, I always avoid what I lovingly refer to as ketchup and mustard or mustard and ketchup. Purely a personal preference, but you are talking to the guy that ordered a JBM GT4, which is questionable.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:21 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
Second, I always avoid what I lovingly refer to as ketchup and mustard or mustard and ketchup.
Are you American
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

Porsche isn't extracting enough money from our accounts, need silver/red/yellow center ring options for both leather and Alcantara wheels at an appropriately outrageous markup.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 PM
GTKev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Guys ... Apologies for haphazard iPhone pics - was slightly shell shocked
And a bit hurried as shop was busy and couldn't drive the car yet ...
Loved the stitches, the LWB and seating pos, the cockpit feel, the alcantara.

And yes seeing 8 together today it's true what is said re colors all being great!
Congrats on a stunning RY GT4! Well done. Made it to CT Porsche Center but unfortunately was unable to see your car. It looked like GT4 Ville with the 5 including mine I saw. I too was shell shocked at seeing my rhodium silver with the platinum wheels. Especially after seeing my car the urge to drive off has increased 100 fold so I really feel for you. It looks like I will take delivery on Tuesday at the latest. I hope.

Quick Reply: GT4 Picture Thread