Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Database

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM
SF_GT4
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe I'm ID #1500, scheduled delivery is 6/10. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:18 PM
SuperflyJohnson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should I be worried that I can't see my car with exact spec on the DB? I can see one very close to my spec but it has sofas instead of LWBs, and there's a very similar one that has Sirius included despite me not speccing it.

Did everyone get exactly what they specced - barring some minor things such as luggage net?
Old 04-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki
Regardless I think we are going to easily exceed 2,000 GT4's for North America. How much over is anyone's guess right now though.
To to your point that this is anyone's guess, I am going to say...1,981!

Porsche has a thing about matching production numbers with model mnemonics, the 911 R is one example (991 examples), 918 as well, and another example from the past is the last aircooled (993) C2S for USA was...you guessed it - 993 cars (MY1998).
Old 04-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Smoltz
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperflyJohnson
Should I be worried that I can't see my car with exact spec on the DB? I can see one very close to my spec but it has sofas instead of LWBs, and there's a very similar one that has Sirius included despite me not speccing it.

Did everyone get exactly what they specced - barring some minor things such as luggage net?
Did you ever see the build sheet from your dealer? I asked the dealer for mine and verified it was as expected. There have been a few people on here who have gotten the wrong wheel colors because the dealer ordered incorrectly and they never saw the build sheet until the car showed up.

The options in the database should match your build sheet exactly (including luggage net).

Regarding luggage net, I ordered my car without luggage net, the database shows without it, but the car physically has it. Not a big deal though.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:10 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoltz
Regarding luggage net, I ordered my car without luggage net, the database shows without it, but the car physically has it. Not a big deal though.
The luggage net is in every car I've physically seen regardless of whether it was ordered. Seems like it's always included.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperflyJohnson

First off as a general note to all. If the car in the DB does not match what you think your specs are it is far more likely that I have made a typo, than Porsche screwing up. So please no one panic until I have double checked.

I have been particularly more fat fingered than normal lately to boot.

As far as finding your exact car, do you have your VIN? if can give me your last 6 digits (Pm is fine if you do not want to show it public) I can look it up, or let you know if maybe it has just not been added yet.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:51 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SF_GT4
I believe I'm ID #1500, scheduled delivery is 6/10. Thanks.
Done! however please confirm the last two digits of your VIN are 75 just so I know for sure this is the right car.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:57 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Just put in a ton of new cars.

So far there have been 82 cars built in April. That is one week of production and puts them on pace to blow March out of the water (which was a record month).

So Porsche is really churning them out furiously at this point. All the projections below 2,000 NA GT4's are going to look pretty low if this continues.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

^If you need any data from me throw me a PM.

Also - they will be churning them out thru June builds and then good bye but I heard of a couple later deliveries but they can all move up pretty quick as the Germans get ready for vacation

- How many GT4s do you suspect are headed to our Canadian friends up North
Old 04-08-2016, 05:20 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 154 Posts

Just put in a ton of new cars.

So far there have been 82 cars built in April. That is one week of production and puts them on pace to blow March out of the water (which was a record month).

So Porsche is really churning them out furiously at this point. All the projections below 2,000 NA GT4's are going to look pretty low if this continues.
Preuninger said " we will not build 5000 cars"
Old 04-08-2016, 05:31 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^If you need any data from me throw me a PM.

Also - they will be churning them out thru June builds and then good bye but I heard of a couple later deliveries but they can all move up pretty quick as the Germans get ready for vacation

- How many GT4s do you suspect are headed to our Canadian friends up North
Somewhere around 275 for Canada if the total NA Production is around 2,000 but who knows. But I think we are going over that so my guess would be 275 - 300.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:42 PM
RAWTRFC
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default VIN NA

Hey GMAKI,

Have been curious about the summary page for a while, particularly about the VIN NA column associated with the chassis blocks. For 1919XX, you've got 87 / 66 / 21. You may have already answered, but this thread has gotten pretty much more love than most on the GT4 sub forum. Search is not your friend when you put GT4 and NA together as well, no matter how many other keywords you add...What are those 21 VIN NAs, since this block seems to have the most yet?

I was supposed to have a bright shiny new GR GT4 exit the body shop on 4/6. My SA is vacationing, so I'll check in with him later next week, but still haven't seen a proper build populate on your database, though I'd have to think its VIN is out there!

Over a year since I decided this is the one, 5 months since the Round 2 allocation was deposited, and I'm needing the faith to be restored!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RAWTRFC
Hey GMAKI,

Have been curious about the summary page for a while, particularly about the VIN NA column associated with the chassis blocks. For 1919XX, you've got 87 / 66 / 21. You may have already answered, but this thread has gotten pretty much more love than most on the GT4 sub forum. Search is not your friend when you put GT4 and NA together as well, no matter how many other keywords you add...What are those 21 VIN NAs, since this block seems to have the most yet?

I was supposed to have a bright shiny new GR GT4 exit the body shop on 4/6. My SA is vacationing, so I'll check in with him later next week, but still haven't seen a proper build populate on your database, though I'd have to think its VIN is out there!

Over a year since I decided this is the one, 5 months since the Round 2 allocation was deposited, and I'm needing the faith to be restored!
VIN "NA" means there is a VIN# in Sequence that does not return a result. So I list the number that are missing for each 100.

The later ones will always have the most because it just works that some of those skipped or NA VINs tend to just show up later for some reason. I have to regularly go back and check them from time to time just to see. And there have been some examples where I have moved on from some skipped VIN's only to find out months later that someone has that car.

Anyway in gernal most of those blocks will eventually end up with 6 - 10 missing VIN's.

As far as your car, there is very good chance it is already in the database. I could probably find it with a few details about your build. Paint Color, wheel color, brake choice, stitching color, etc..
Old 04-09-2016, 12:32 AM
RAWTRFC
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as your car, there is very good chance it is already in the database. I could probably find it with a few details about your build. Paint Color, wheel color, brake choice, stitching color, etc..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGVC1RH9
Old 04-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
The luggage net is in every car I've physically seen regardless of whether it was ordered. Seems like it's always included.
I "deleted" the luggage net and it is in fact on my car!!! I hate it, but good news is that I never look at it as I am DRIVING the car.

Quick Reply: GT4 Database