GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PTS Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015 | 12:11 PM
Provie
Racer

Did they lift the 3 month delay on PTS cars? Mine went v250 few days ago w projected delivery in November.
Before I get too excited, is there anyway they'd start production then hold the car over 3 months before completing the build? Is the fact that I have a projected completion date indicative of all current issues are considered and my car isn't affected by this delay after all?
Fingers crossed.
Old 09-12-2015 | 01:23 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Originally Posted by Provie
Did they lift the 3 month delay on PTS cars? Mine went v250 few days ago w projected delivery in November.
Before I get too excited, is there anyway they'd start production then hold the car over 3 months before completing the build? Is the fact that I have a projected completion date indicative of all current issues are considered and my car isn't affected by this delay after all?
Fingers crossed.
Sorry, I can't answer any of your questions but we're you v215 with delivery scheduled for February?
Old 09-12-2015 | 01:29 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z356
Henry: Why don't you tell us the full story why/how your PTS gt4 order was 'disallowed'? You have a lot of us worried.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Re my PTS order -- I had pushed my allocation back to get beyond the LWB stop order and had also told my dealer on many occasions that I would want to get PTS if/when it became available. My dealer had contacted PCNA on numerous occasions re PTS availability and had shared PCNAs reply that it was not yet available. On 6/22/2015, I again contacted my dealer and referenced info read on Rennlist re PTS availability. My dealer updated my order with the PTS build and it was 'accepted'. This was 6/23/2015 (could be off by a day - need to go back to the email chain). All was good until about mid August (again, need to check the emails for the exact dates) when my dealer contacted me and informed me that PTS would not be possible for my build. After going back and forth with PCNA for about a week, PCNA essentially said that PTS was 'over sold' (such as over selling the number of seats on an airline flight) and could not (would not?) produce all requested PTS orders. I updated my build to RY (yes, painted vent slats) and the order was again 'accepted' with a Nov production and 1/15/2016 expected delivery date.
Old 09-12-2015 | 01:32 PM
sapman
Burning Brakes

Fingers crossed.
Same happened with my PTS order. Went V250 on 9/9 with expected delivery in November.
Old 09-12-2015 | 02:16 PM
Provie
Racer

Originally Posted by NORTH DRIVE
Sorry, I can't answer any of your questions but we're you v215 with delivery scheduled for February?
Yes that's me. I posted on a tread yesterday about your slate grey due in Feb. After my post I got a call from my SA saying the car has flipped to v250 (started production) and is now slated for delivery 3rd week of November.
My confusion is that I was scheduled for a November delivery BEFORE the PTS delay was announced so I'm wondering if my "date" will be pushed back to Feburary when the mentioned delay takes effect.... Maybe no winter photo shoot after all 😀? Who knows...
Old 09-12-2015 | 02:19 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Yes that's me. I posted on a tread yesterday about your slate grey due in Feb. After my post I got a call from my SA saying the car has flipped to v250 (started production) and is now slated for delivery 3rd week of November.
My confusion is that I was scheduled for a November delivery BEFORE the PTS delay was announced so I'm wondering if my "date" will be pushed back to Feburary when the mentioned delay takes effect.... Maybe no winter photo shoot after all 😀? Who knows...
very similar situation here as well. just went v250 on 8/26. no PTS. delivery date mid Nov. RY now..
Old 09-12-2015 | 02:42 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
My PTS request is formally disallowed (gelbgrun)

Consider yourselves very lucky!

8 months ago
Originally Posted by Z356
Henry: Why don't you tell us the full story why/how your PTS gt4 order was 'disallowed'? You have a lot of us worried.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Hmmm.... I thought Henry and I were on similar time trajectories with the same colour. I wonder if I'll be bumped too?

Henry: have you explored the possibility of moving your deposit to a GT4RS in PTS?
Old 09-12-2015 | 04:52 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Originally Posted by straight-road
very similar situation here as well. just went v250 on 8/26. no PTS. delivery date mid Nov. RY now..
Hopefully this happens to me too! My birthday's mid Nov. - would be the best self-birthday-gift ever!
Old 09-12-2015 | 05:03 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Originally Posted by navanoD
My guess was his build allocation was outside of the PTS production order build window.
What colour is that spyder in your display pic? It almost looks nardo grey...
Old 09-12-2015 | 05:27 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

My PTS request = my allocation is outside the PTS window which is "oversold".
I will request a delay to "land" in the next PTS window - but that means I may not get a vehicle??
LWBS still a 4 month delay I am told, but at least you will get them.
Default to Racing Yellow perhaps or plain old white. Or perhaps new colours will be available in the springtime ?Miami Blue?

GT4RS - will be over the budget I am willing to pay for a 3rd vehicle.
A 991.2 C2 7MT stripper is in the consideration though.

Henry

Last edited by JUPJAI; 09-12-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2015 | 08:37 PM
mgerber
Pro

I will check on my build again this coming week. Like others here the build and delivery pushed 6 weeks sometime this past week. As of last week the delivery was mid-February. Mexico Blue w/LWBs.
Old 09-12-2015 | 08:57 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NORTH DRIVE
What colour is that spyder in your display pic? It almost looks nardo grey...
It's a photoshop.
Old 09-12-2015 | 09:45 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Originally Posted by navanoD
It's a photoshop.
figured. Looks good.
Thanks,
Old 09-13-2015 | 02:23 AM
<3mph
Drifting

My PTS request = my allocation is outside the PTS window which is "oversold"...
that's awful news. sorry to hear it. after all the exclusive extras you ordered with your last car, and the relationship you built with them, it's pretty disappointing that they did not move heaven and earth to help you on this car.
Old 09-13-2015 | 02:47 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Default PTS Confirmed

Thanks Daniel

I wasn't high on the wait list so I guess I was late to the show. It's only a toy - garage problem aborted now

Quick Reply: PTS Confirmed