Sponsored by: APR

1st deliveries in North america....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:19 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Looks like a dealer in Chicago got a delivery. Sorry, that is all I know, but the car looks great!

DBM!!

I'd already seen the Autogespot pictures, but this makes me even more excited. And wow, look at that wing while the rear hatch is open!!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:31 AM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

UGH my color!!!! cant wait
Old 06-16-2015, 10:36 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
UGH my color!!!! cant wait
Me too!
Old 06-16-2015, 11:55 AM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
And wow, look at that wing while the rear hatch is open!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the GT4's gas strut part number is different from that of a pedestrian Cayman.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Porsche doesn't own the ships. The shipping companies do, and I would imagine they've figured out that it's better for them to have ships with multiple stops in order to make their lines more useful to more clients than have "express" ships that become dramatically less useful due to making fewer stops and therefore risk not being as fully loaded with cargo, only to shave a few days off the total transit time. After all, if you're already waiting a few weeks, what's a few more days? If you get your SA to give you the name of the boat your car is on, you can actually track it the whole way to your port except for a period when it's out in the middle of the Atlantic. If memory serves, the boat that carried my M3 over here stopped at 3 places in Europe, then Halifax, then New York or thereabouts, then finally South Carolina where BMW's prep center is for Texas-bound cars.
Makes sense
I just would have tought they could fill a ship up with cars they sold in CA
CA used to represent over 40% of the cars Porsche sold in the US .. Probably no longer with all the SUV sales

Originally Posted by user1029
*packs bag of sledgehammer and wire cutters, buys ticket to O'Hare*

As usual great one
LOL !!!

airport security
As usual great one
LOL !!!
Old 06-16-2015, 01:50 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Makes sense
I just would have tought they could fill a ship up with cars they sold in CA
CA used to represent over 40% of the cars Porsche sold in the US .. Probably no longer with all the SUV sales
Modern car carrier ships can handle 6000-8000 cars, so I think it would take a while for Porsche to churn out that many cars bound for the West Coast. I certainly don't work in the logistics industry, but I would bet that it doesn't make sense for the shipping companies to dedicate boats just to certain automakers, even higher-volume marques, because the carmakers probably can't churn out enough cars bound for the same region to keep those ships running rather than sitting idle in the dock (costing the company in lost revenue in the process), and even if an automaker could keep a dedicated ship constantly busy, that could still translate to longer delivery times since cars would sit at the dock until there were enough cars to fill an entire boat rather than leaving the dock as soon as there was space on whatever ship was available.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Modern car carrier ships can handle 6000-8000 cars, so I think it would take a while for Porsche to churn out that many cars bound for the West Coast. I certainly don't work in the logistics industry, but I would bet that it doesn't make sense for the shipping companies to dedicate boats just to certain automakers, even higher-volume marques, because the carmakers probably can't churn out enough cars bound for the same region to keep those ships running rather than sitting idle in the dock (costing the company in lost revenue in the process), and even if an automaker could keep a dedicated ship constantly busy, that could still translate to longer delivery times since cars would sit at the dock until there were enough cars to fill an entire boat rather than leaving the dock as soon as there was space on whatever ship was available.
Makes sense, just sucks, but I shouldn't complain ...
Man 8000 cars !! Damn that is a lot of inventory !!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:50 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 244 Posts

Another one of that Chicago car for the DBM lovers out there!

Old 06-16-2015, 03:07 PM
jphughan
Drifting

^ Absolutely stunning, particularly given that this photo shows how DBM looks under regular sunlight and also how it pops under bright light in the center of the front bumper -- nice shot! Any lingering doubts I had about this color have just vanished, and this has also reconfirmed my belief that headlamp washers in exterior color is a must. Even at this angle and with them in a darker area of the shot, it makes them much less noticeable. I think the GT4's default black washers would stand out a lot more, even with a DBM exterior color. I'll be getting silver wheels, though -- platinum just isn't enough contrast with a darker exterior color for me, even after having seen GT3 platinum wheels in person.

Any rear shots? Curious about the wing support color and how it looks, whichever color this owner chose. I'm planning on black to keep the focus on the painted areas of the car and wing rather than having a bright support structure pulling focus from a darker color, but I'd like to see the rear either way.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Much love for Dark Blue Metallic. It's my default color for my GT4 given the PTS door remains closed at the moment.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:29 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 244 Posts

Any rear shots? Curious about the wing support color and how it looks, whichever color this owner chose. I'm planning on black to keep the focus on the painted areas of the car and wing rather than having a bright support structure pulling focus from a darker color, but I'd like to see the rear either way.
I am just grabbing these from G+ as the dealer posts them. You can search for Porsche Exchange to find them on either G+ or FB. They are also very responsive with comments.

P.S. I agree with your choice of black supports.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:32 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by sonorous
I am just grabbing these from G+ as the dealer posts them. You can search for Porsche Exchange to find them on either G+ or FB. They are also very responsive with comments.

P.S. I agree with your choice of black supports.
Thanks! Found them on FB. Let's hope the owner is on RL!
Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks! Found them on FB. Let's hope the owner is on RL!
Link?
Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Link?
https://www.facebook.com/PorscheExch...f=ts&ref=br_tf
Old 06-16-2015, 07:16 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

That looks nice if you are 55+. Haha

Quick Reply: 1st deliveries in North america....