Wheel Hangers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 AM
Provie
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Wheel Hangers

Hi all, I can't wait to get this car!!
I'm thinking of getting PCCBs and Im trying to be proactive. From all the research I've done, it seems these beauties are a little on the fragile side (not to mention the replacement costs). I'm thinking of getting a set (yes, SET) of wheel hangers to reduce the risk of nicking a rotor during wheel changes.
Is there a way of figuring out what size lug/hanger will fit the GT4?
TIA.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:50 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Two hangers is all you'd ever need since that would be enough to prevent the wheel from dropping vertically, tilting on any of its axes, or swinging down around one hole the way it could if you only used one hanger and didn't hold the wheel properly. Technically you could get by with just one hanger as long as you always made sure a bolt hole was top dead center and used that one, but that could be inconvenient. But anything more than two is just wasting time and money.

As for size, you can't know for sure until you've got the wheels and can measure the size of the bolt holes. I suppose you could assume they will be the same as the existing 981 wheels, but that may or may be true. Then again, I doubt they'd be SMALLER than the bolt holes on those wheels, in which case you could just buy two hangers and even if they're not as large as they possibly could be for the GT4 wheels, they'll still be more than sufficient for keeping the wheels in place during removal/replacement.

Quick Reply: Wheel Hangers