Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Spyder in Orlando FL

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024 | 07:50 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

That dealer does not have a good reputation locally. And their service rates are the highest in the entire dealer network at $400/hour I’ve been told. I always use independent shops so can’t personally confirm that.
The following users liked this post:
UKDM (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024 | 08:16 AM
davecramer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
That dealer does not have a good reputation locally. And their service rates are the highest in the entire dealer network at $400/hour I’ve been told. I always use independent shops so can’t personally confirm that.
I can confirm 400
i actually bought my car from them, and it was probably a mistake. Much lower price point though
UKDM (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024 | 08:38 AM
dav9515
Rennlist Member

@UKDM - definitely no plans to sell in the near future! I will say I was discouraged a more than a few times throughout my process, I am not a patient buyer and had to exercise a skill I am not adept at in waiting for the color I wanted. Sapphire blue was only optioned on about 50 981 spyders so when I wasn't able to buy the 2 that came up for sale CPO'd at dealerships I almost gave up, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a GT Silver car that was local to me and I knew the owner. I somehow managed to tell him "no thank you" and about 2 weeks later my car popped up in Florida. I made the deal happen, it was the most expensive car I had ever purchased so it was a bit nerve racking but it all worked out in the end.

And my car came with Black wheels which was the one thing I knew I'd change. Found a set of silver wheels on here from a guy who sells a lot of Porsche wheels and completed the look of the car once they were installed. I know it's not easy by any means but it sounds like you are in a similar situation as me, dropping $90-$100k on a car is not a "no big deal" transaction so get what you want. Little things can easily be changed but the car color is not an easy fix.
UKDM (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024 | 11:03 AM
UKDM
Cruisin'

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement guys!!

Yeah the whole thing has been very very odd! Not the worst dealership experience I ever had but definitely the most passive. I wouldn't even blame them entirely - I was going into it tentatively as like you said @dav9515 - biggest car purchase and all, I wanted to feel comfortable and not having clear pictures was really disconcerting. The CPO (and being from an "authorized Porsche dealer" gave me a little bit of comfort - but not enough). I guess if I had called them up and said "Hey, I have the full amount in cash ready - lets do this right now" perhaps it may have worked out. But requiring photos and financing was too much for them, and then wanting me to come in person...eh the whole thing just didn't sit right. Anyway, 0 regrets, I am not disheartened - yet!!

And good LORD $400 an hour!? Actually speechless.

I think I'll be sticking with the advice from everyone here - just going to take a little step back and watch the market, put out feelers. I just have a gut feeling I can get a better experience, deal and spec/car by taking a little more time - especially given what's going on in the wider economy. I'm not in a rush, in fact the longer I can hold out (2-4months) the stronger the position I'll be in - it'll give me time to pare down my fleet a little bit. The couple local cars I have seen listed - if they continue to sit (which I think is a strong possibility) then they may suddenly come into play.

https://www.maseratiofwashington.com...e?type=finance

This GT4 for example - I'm sure they're not getting many calls when the price is touching the price of 781's. They're likely banking on a collector coming in buying a couple of cars and just adding this in. Knowing the seller pad $105k last October, the $118k ask is a bit silly. @dav9515 if the color / wheels were ideal I would have made a move on this one, but thats some good info there. If I can't get the exact color I want, I'm also open to a vinyl wrap in a shade I like (conservative, not something OTT) and wheels can be refinished or another set bought so def not deal breakers.

PS - still not heard from the Orlando dealer loll

Quick Reply: Spyder in Orlando FL