Sponsored by: APR

Tire discussion - VREDESTEIN ULTRAC PRO

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2024, 01:22 PM
SpyderSean
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tire discussion - VREDESTEIN ULTRAC PRO

Has anyone here put on Vredestein tires on their Spyder or GT4? I have heard and read some good things about them online, but not specific to these cars. The “easy” choice to replace the OEM Pirelli’s would be Michelins or Conti’s but it seems that Vredestein is an up and coming brand that people seem to be getting behind, and for the price, I’m certainly interested… FWIW, I do not track or daily my car, only spirited weekend drives on good weather days.
Old 08-16-2024, 07:21 PM
suzuka_joe
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Pirelli's aren't OEM. On the 981 GT4 Cup2's are OEM and on the 718 GT4 Cup2's or Dunlop Sport Maxx are OEM.

I have advan V601 tires on my GT4 and they're great. I've never heard of Vredestein tires so can't help there.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:14 PM
SpyderSean
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuka_joe
Pirelli's aren't OEM. On the 981 GT4 Cup2's are OEM and on the 718 GT4 Cup2's or Dunlop Sport Maxx are OEM.

I have advan V601 tires on my GT4 and they're great. I've never heard of Vredestein tires so can't help there.
Perhaps you are right - I assume they’re OE because they have 2015 date codes, but can’t say for sure since I am the second owner. I want to say I’ve seen some Spyders auction with P-Zeros noted as original, but I can’t swear to it.

Good info on the Advans. I’ll add those to my list of options to look into.
Old 08-18-2024, 11:33 PM
suzuka_joe
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

guess its possible the Pirelli were oem on the Spyder but I'm not sure.
Old 08-19-2024, 12:36 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,282 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSean
Has anyone here put on Vredestein tires on their Spyder or GT4? I have heard and read some good things about them online, but not specific to these cars. The “easy” choice to replace the OEM Pirelli’s would be Michelins or Conti’s but it seems that Vredestein is an up and coming brand that people seem to be getting behind, and for the price, I’m certainly interested… FWIW, I do not track or daily my car, only spirited weekend drives on good weather days.
Pirelli makes a Porsche Spec (N1) tire...that's always an option.

Vredstein have been around for a while...also heard good things about them. You could always see what the guy from "Tyre Reviews" says about them, given the number of tire reviews he makes:

The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (08-21-2024)

Quick Reply: Tire discussion - VREDESTEIN ULTRAC PRO