Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 SPYDER rev-match

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:00 AM
Steph718
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought there was some sort of rev-match assistance during upshifts in my Spyder with sport plus turned on, but in all honesty, I think what I'm experiencing is just the more aggressive throttle mapping in sport plus making driving the car, even around town just a little easier.

If you want to test what I'm speaking on, simply cruise the highway, let's say in 5th gear at 60mph, and toggle sport plus on and off a few times, you should feel a pretty apparent difference in the behavior of the car, in the form of a small RPM increase/drop off. It's hard to describe, but the difference in throttle aggressiveness is very clear to me.

However I believe you bought the silver one that's tuned, I can't speak on how the tune might affect this. Tunes are essentially supposed to flatten out any dips in power within the powerband. I think we're local to each other as well if you'd like to get together at some point.

Last edited by Steph718; 04-29-2024 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:53 PM
robotvoice
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

The whole "rev match" on upshift is confusing to me. This is normally referred to as "rev hang" and is NOT desirable when shifting in a quick or sporty manner so this happening when you turn the sport button ON is counter intuitive by logic. It sounds like the rev hang is happening for another reason and not actually a "feature" of the sport button being engaged.

The following users liked this post:
Milksteak (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: 981 SPYDER rev-match