Sponsored by: APR

Exhaust for louder low-end

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 01:10 PM
JoeB3
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Last_935
No codes thrown, It just effectively disables the PSE button by leaving the valves open all the time. The way the PSE system works is by applying engine vacuum to the valves to keep them closed (quiet mode). The valve stays closed when the button is not pushed, and opens and closes at various RPM's base on the engine's ecu programing when the button is pushed. Without vacuum to the valves (hose removed and plugged), the valves stay open (loud mode) all the time. With the hose removed, there is only one setting regardless of the mode that is selected. Hope that helps.
is it hard to reach? Ok, stupid question I know - I can’t even slip a standing beer or coke can under mine. Guess I’ll have to find some racks to give it a peek.
Old 02-27-2023, 12:50 AM
Dtlrshp
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeB3
is it hard to reach? Ok, stupid question I know - I can’t even slip a standing beer or coke can under mine. Guess I’ll have to find some racks to give it a peek.

Gold foil on the left on photo — pretty easy to access just laying down. The T junction that connects both sides is just above the muffler. Probably easier to plug the T so that you only need to do one.
The following users liked this post:
JoeB3 (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:23 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeB3
Very easy. The connection between the braided hose and the T connector is just a slip-on connection. Take a pair of needle nosed pliers and work it off.
The following users liked this post:
JoeB3 (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 01:49 PM
KingSize.Hamster
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RB93
I am keen to take you up on this. I did just order a set of Soul exhausts as I prefer to start with those and work my way back to the headers if needed in the future.
cool. Let’s do that on a weekend morning locally

Quick Reply: Exhaust for louder low-end