Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Need trim cut-out template for Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar 981/982/718 Cayman GT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 08:42 AM
motoren
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need trim cut-out template for Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar 981/982/718 Cayman GT4

I searched everywhere, but couldn't find a trim cutout template for the 981 Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar / Half Cage. I could try to eyeball it, but might end up cutting off axis or too large/small.

Does anyone have a trim cutout template or guide on how to cut the seat belt and rear trim trim so it looks good?

Also, I noticed that when you cut plastic with a dremel, it melts the plastic a bit and the cut line isn't precise. Any tips/techniques that people have used wen cutting plastic trim to make it look as close to factory as possible?

Here's a stock photo of the bar, I'll post mine when it's all done.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:01 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by motoren
I searched everywhere, but couldn't find a trim cutout template for the 981 Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar / Half Cage. I could try to eyeball it, but might end up cutting off axis or too large/small.

Does anyone have a trim cutout template or guide on how to cut the seat belt and rear trim trim so it looks good?

Also, I noticed that when you cut plastic with a dremel, it melts the plastic a bit and the cut line isn't precise. Any tips/techniques that people have used wen cutting plastic trim to make it look as close to factory as possible?

Here's a stock photo of the bar, I'll post mine when it's all done.

Not saying there isn’t at template somewhere, but I have this setup, and I think you may well wind up doing what you can do after the installation cosmetically. The guy who did mine didn’t use a dremel, but, appearance wise, it doesn’t look like a natural fit, I.e., you can tell something was cut away to make it fit.

Last edited by Jim Cobb; 05-01-2022 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:45 PM
motoren
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Template for Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar 981/982/718 Cayman GT4

I was able to get the template from the manufacturer. I also confirmed it's the same for a 981 or 718 GT4.

It's attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
516_127-000_Einbauanleitung.pdf (7.37 MB, 223 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by motoren:
burnergt4 (05-01-2022), Craig67 (05-02-2022)
Old 03-04-2023, 06:57 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. How was the install? A video I saw, the bar did not fit and had to loosen up the cross member and re jig everything to fit. Was this your case?
Old 04-14-2023, 11:51 AM
Neb
Racer

Just ordered this cage and my shop is having a hell of a time to install. It is not off by a little, the bolt attachment is off more than a few mm. Doing what that video would not work. Also the cage came with many scratches down to metal from poor packaging, FVD says that’s normal from Heigo and will not do anything about it. Definitely not impressed with the product and customer service from FVD.net. This has cost me hours on labour and it is still not fitting.

Word of warning, DO NOT order this. Spend a bit more and get one from a reputable place.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:28 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 249 Posts

This cage is garbage, why would you order it in the first place? The crossbar isn't even the right height to mount a harness. Get something proven like BBi or CMS - I have had both, they fit perfectly.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Neb
Racer

Got it because of price. I also got their harness bar which lowers the attachment point. Too late now after paying an arm and a leg on duty and tax, and the car is interior is all apart. No turning back.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:01 AM
freaknbigpanda
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neb
Got it because of price. I also got their harness bar which lowers the attachment point. Too late now after paying an arm and a leg on duty and tax, and the car is interior is all apart. No turning back.
How did the install go? I am tempted to get this bar because of the price but if the install is a huge pita then I will look elsewhere.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:04 AM
freaknbigpanda
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh never mind I see your previous posts where you mentioned that the install was horrible.

Quick Reply: Need trim cut-out template for Heigo Club Sport Roll Bar 981/982/718 Cayman GT4