Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

6 months of ownership - what I liked and didn't.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 06:40 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by cstraley
I also owned a 2021 Evora GT beautiful green. The evora is more gutless than the Spyder or GT4 imo. It does drive nice and the interiors can be very nice imo. I don't think it does anything nearly as well as a Porsche. If you don't care about acceleration the Evora is a great car. I understand what you mean by catching your eye as my local dealer had the green one for 3 weeks before I couldn't take it anymore and made a deal on it. When I test drove it I didn't give it the beans like I should have.
Interesting notes. I was an early deposit holder for the new Lotus Emira. Amazing good looks and I'm sure it will handle as well as an Evora GT, but otherwise, they've made the car quite refined, and that's not what a Lotus should be IMO. So I returned my deposit and decided to stick with my GT4, as it seemed like a lateral move at best.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:52 PM
cstraley
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Emira although beautiful is receiving the same underpowered Toyota V6 powerplant, that's why I passed on it. The base 4-cylinder turbo Mercedes engine with dual clutch would be the only way I would go and that is with the idea that it could be tuned. Why did they do it? So many reviewers acted like they were satisfied with that old powerplant that (imo) in their ignorance decided to keep it....? The GT4/Spyder although not quick enough for me still smokes the Emira and the Evora GT. Lotus will still sell heaps of Emira's on the look alone.
Old 10-20-2022, 01:54 PM
suzuka_joe
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 49 Posts

I came from a Ap1 S2000 (still own, love it but its for sale) > 18 WRX (got new had 4yrs) 19 RS3 > 94 Cobra > 997.2 C2 > 981 GT4. The GT4 is almost full circle back to what I love most about the S2000 but everything turned up to 11. my S2000 had closer ratios than a stock Ap1 (used an AP2 trans) and I can see why the long GT4 gearing is a point of contention for people but I haven't found it to be an issue and I might look into the Deman 2-5 re-gear in the next year.
The following users liked this post:
Jezek (11-23-2022)

Quick Reply: 6 months of ownership - what I liked and didn't.